Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

allo allo allo wots all this then? mefinks we've got flag wots illegal now dont we sonny jim??????

dingo stole me flaggie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

throw another flag on the barbie!!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

this is their way of covering up the scale of the disaster inflicted on the IDF, they wont admit to all of it ar once but on a trickle to make it seem smaller

also if your narrative is "they targeted civilians" but immediate release of names show 1100/1300 deaths being IDF it would start to fall apart

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Boat Stuck posted:

What's CATO wife's take on the I/P war?

She’s surprisingly onboard w the thread position because apparently the Israel lobby people were unbearable in her DC days

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*Libs waking up like a hangover on top a mountain of dead Palestinians* Oh, gosh I got a bit crazy there huh? We’ll just have to learn from this going forward.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Zoeb posted:

I don't understand

it means go out there and do little good things you can do for the world and for yourself that you can actively control, even if theyre insignificant. and take an academic distance to the things you cant control. i can attest to this because when i went through a mental breakdown-depression after the arab spring got crushed i listened to matt christmans videos and started applying it in the world, it did wonders! i lost a ton of weight im on the way to becoming a muscle daddy and my mental health is better and i picked up a fantastic hobby in the form of warhammer 40,000

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Danann posted:

either hamas hang glider infantry make wargame's meme fallschrimjagers look like chumps or israeli officers really like leading from the front despite being a nato army and not a soviet one

A third, (maybe it was half?) of their casualties in 73 were officers so my thinking is that an army of conscripts and reservists requires officers to go up and see why their attack faltered at the first crack of rifle fire and get their men up and moving again.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/uncledoomer/status/1711877616578314615?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Terrifying reports are coming out that Hamas was destroying US bio weapons labs in the Negev Desert

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

She’s surprisingly onboard w the thread position because apparently the Israel lobby people were unbearable in her DC days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfWCqI3AUg

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Terrifying reports are coming out that Hamas was destroying US bio weapons labs in the Negev Desert

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Wahhabi Lobby
Nov 3, 2020
zerohedge says it’s Syrian army, wait for other sources obv https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/its-not-battlefield-its-massacre-israeli-army-takes-foreign-press-scenes-kibbutz

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

A third, (maybe it was half?) of their casualties in 73 were officers so my thinking is that an army of conscripts and reservists requires officers to go up and see why their attack faltered at the first crack of rifle fire and get their men up and moving again.

It may be a little also that some officers and more senior NCOs are the only ones with some experience in combat, and yeah the troops they are leading are hanging back in cover. It seems like it is mostly still professionally on the line at this point rather than reservists.

It is just you really don't want to chew up your mid / junior-level officers and NCOs this early on when the rest of your army is weekend warriors and raw conscripts (half of them usually not filling direct combat roles).

It is why the whole thing of the US getting into a broader regional war is uh...problematic. The US doesn't have an army like it did to invade Iraq much less Iraq (it is spread across the world, with a big chunk in Europe again), but also the IDF really doesn't want to have to fight a multifront war with reduced backup.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Ardennes posted:

but also the IDF really doesn't want to have to fight a multifront war with reduced backup.

counterpoint: it does kind of seem like they want exactly that for some reason

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
Remember this lady? She lied too. She lied about the other side killing babies. The first casualty in every war is the truth.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zoeb posted:

Remember this lady? She lied too. She lied about the other side killing babies. The first casualty in every war is the truth.

Look at the date on that photo for an additional dose of irony

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

gradenko_2000 posted:

Look at the date on that photo for an additional dose of irony

first as farce, then as farce

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

mark immune posted:

first as farce, then as farce

its one of those horror movies where the curse shows up once every generation

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol israeli channel 13 announces that hamas managed a navy seals landing in aashkelon overnight without being detected lol DTI

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Best Friends posted:

counterpoint: it does kind of seem like they want exactly that for some reason

I think they are used to doing the "mad dog" routine and if things got hairy, the rest of the world would be so terrified of their protector, the USA,, that they would back down. We will see how this is going to go on, because it is clear there are Hamas units still fighting on the other side of the fence, and raids across the rest of Israel and the heat is slowly rising in the north.

I guess the "turn" is going to happen when the Ford shows up, and if Hezbollah fully gets into the fight, and if it suddenly becomes a regional conflict.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Al-Saqr posted:

lol israeli channel 13 announces that hamas managed a navy seals landing in aashkelon overnight without being detected lol DTI

I thought Israel confirmed destruction of Hamas Navy HQ? :thunk:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

So if Egypt says no to a "humanitarian corridor",

and the IDF moves to really depopulate Gaza

what would that look like at the start?

Because seemingly the IDF has bombed parts of Gaza to rubble before - and the scale has always been nebulously large and terrible but it has not killed, like, 10s of thousands directly

Would it look like IDF infantry entering Gaza? A real escalation of the air campaign? Naval bombardment?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/davidgross_man/status/1711771150601048103

This is like how the government of Sudan armed the Janjaweed who turned on them.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1711987131088863522

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the only solution is the overthrow of the egyptian fascists and a multi fromt war

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

So do something about it then woman. Start a bank called boss girl powerrrrr exxxtreme and make frilly opera dresses mandatory uniform for all staff, women and men alike. Then just stand back and watch the profits roll in.

I'm assuming the actual solution is "TED talk" then a champagne gala.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

wolfs posted:

Because seemingly the IDF has bombed parts of Gaza to rubble before - and the scale has always been nebulously large and terrible but it has not killed, like, 10s of thousands directly

Would it look like IDF infantry entering Gaza? A real escalation of the air campaign? Naval bombardment?

idk op think about what you're asking. if people can't evacuate or escape from one of the most densely populated areas on earth with a population of several million (nearly 800k in gaza City alone) and water and power are cut off and the IDF decided to "depopulate" what does that mean to you

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

wolfs posted:

I don't think anyone knows. If they wanted to kill people as quickly and efficiently as possible, they'd just bottle up the strip and let everybody die over the course of a few weeks as water and food run out while doing the minimum level of air strikes to the satisfy the bloodthirsters while preserving their own man-power.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MuslimTom_/status/1711817875952988331

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT/status/1711990320982896961

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Red Cross warning of a catastrophic situation in Gaza as entire neighbourhoods are destroyed and the murdered reaches to at least 950 victims and the largest hospital in Gaza has run out of beds

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1711989614972432755

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1711989813908242761

https://twitter.com/AlMayadeenNews/status/1711987061991883091

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1711984728734076987

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
clicking "Submit Reply" on a post where i just said that israel is right to vaporize 10 palestinian babies for every 1 made up isreali death, and then clicking on another thread where i start a post with "Aerith"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Bush’s axis of evil are going to do their best to stop a genocide

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT/status/1711992026428784968

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
idk how people feel about podcast talk but there is a new chapo trap house that is an interview with a guy named Mohammad Alsaafin who is an AJ+ reporter (https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/771-the-crossing-feat-mohammad-alsaafin-101023)

I bring it up because he said, this which shook me a bit:

quote:

One thing that stood out to me, watching some of the footage the Hamas fighters filmed of themselves is that- I think a lot of people don't comprehend this- as much as Israel controls every aspect of, I think, Gaza, most people in Gaza have never seen an Israeli. Right? That's something crazy to think about. When we think about dystopian future where we're talking about people being warehoused or ghettoized. You know?

We're talking about an entire generation of people who only know Israel through airstrikes, through the limitations on their physical freedom at the borders, sniper fire, and the fact that whether they get sick, whether they can't get a job, whether they can't go abroad to get an education. All of that is determined by a faceless bureaucrat behind a high-tech fence.

And so, these fighters who entered the Israeli military bases and killed Israeli soldiers and then moved onto Israeli towns, and then were interacting with Israelis in their homes, this genuinely was the first time they'd seen an Israeli, you know? It's absolutely mind-blowing to think about.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

clicking "Submit Reply" on a post where i just said that israel is right to vaporize 10 palestinian babies for every 1 made up isreali death, and then clicking on another thread where i start a post with "Aerith"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zoeb posted:

All I can do is be a consumer. It's heartbreaking.
Consuming ain't the worst way to live: lotta S-tier video games out this year. plus treats ftw

I actually dont really have any advice to offer other than log off. I mean that in the most friendly way possible. Personally, I'm too good at compartmentalizing to a tee, so I can go wow this poo poo is awful, dti and mean it. and then go to work or go outside to grab a coffee n walk my dog and not think about it. I have that privilege that many people don't, and know it to my bones, but it's grounded in a privilege of being aware of what I can and can't do.

there are things you can control, and things you can't. letting the things you can't take over will only just take you down -- to no one's gain or benefit. I said this before but one of the worst things someone can do to themself is self-flagellation. there is no point to whipping yourself over the global, it's not a self-sacrifice that helps anyone

to the things you actually can control (like helping unionizing your work place, or being there for elderly neighbors, or homeless activism or tenants-rights advocacy, providing resources to palestinian or other marginalized groups, or even just picking up trash in your area), you should definitely pursue them to at least make a difference in your own life and ground yourself to the real. and that will at least help you compartmentalize things you can't control.

The internet is imo a very dangerous device. It gives people the overbearing bombarding frenzy and perception of a global-view and that's never how humans were intended to think or perceive themselves amongst a global hierarchy, like a bioware protagonist. it quite literally drives people to madness when confronted with the overbearing horrors of the global if you can't compartmentalize to your actual tiny minute place in the world.

thats a really longwinded way of saying: just grill

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It is something that its basically the Shiite groups in the middle east helping out the Sunni Palestinians while their fellow Sunni brethren remain complacent and silent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Al! posted: