Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Are you actually collaborating behind the scenes? If so that'll be a boon to the true spirit of the shitpost left.

It was my idea to herd the collective of cats into a place offsite where we can laugh and conspire. Up until now, they were all communicating with each other via twitter DMs, then losing each other when the waves of bans kept happening. Half the people weren't talking to the other half either, except via public tweets. I saw a lot of lost potential with how things were, and now I see nothing but sunny shitposting uplands :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I hope the TBEU chat is an IRC or Signal group and not just an easily bannable Discord

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TACD posted:

I hope the TBEU chat is an IRC or Signal group and not just an easily bannable Discord

Just for clarity, I don't think anyone directly connected to Bazake/TBEU has joined yet, though I hope it's just a matter of time. I know invites have been sent by others who know them. I mentioned the collaboration here because I know there are a few lurking trolls who might also want to reactivate like me ;)

One thing I really want to do are LBC/TalkTV phone ins, where we could potentially give voices to some of these twitter personas. If anyone has good knowledge and skills re: SIP, please prod

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 11, 2023

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Sigh :sigh:

Right to choose shut its doors too https://psychiatry-uk.com/right-to-choose/

You're basically hosed now unless you can afford private.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

NotJustANumber99 posted:

No he's taking the piss out of me.

Taking the piss is much harsher than I intended, just a gentle ribbing :)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Spotted this interesting floor plan while looking for properties.

It seems that to make use of the bidet, you must first shuffle yourself out of the toilet (assuming someone hasn't left the living room door slightly ajar and trapped you in there) and along the hallway, while your trousers are around your ankles, and then into the bathroom. And then after using the bidet, you get direct access to the garden where you can have a quiet sit and think about what you just did

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Microplastics posted:

It seems that to make use of the bidet, you must first shuffle yourself out of the toilet (assuming someone hasn't left the living room door slightly ajar and trapped you in there) and along the hallway, while your trousers are around your ankles, and then into the bathroom. And then after using the bidet, you get direct access to the garden where you can have a quiet sit and think about what you just did

Let’s hope no-one ever needs to go upstairs while someone is having a nice long bath

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Every morning, after brushing my teeth, I open the door and say "what's upboar"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Long garden though.

Dead Goon posted:

Taking the piss is much harsher than I intended, just a gentle ribbing :)

Yeah I got it no worries

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Long garden though.

Lmao that must be a mistake. The garden is 3 meters by 71 meters what the gently caress

By the time you get to the end of it you'll need the toilet again

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Microplastics posted:

Lmao that must be a mistake. The garden is 3 meters by 71 meters what the gently caress

if it’s a typo they’ve also converted it to imperial units

I like to read the floor plan as the garden being upstairs, like a particularly drunken build on The Sims

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

A basement flat I guess?

Also good estate agenting of the word lobby for tiny pitch black underground corridor.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Sure has a lot of windows for a basement flat.

(I checked and those stairs actually go down, I guess that's another typo)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TACD posted:

if it’s a typo they’ve also converted it to imperial units

I like to read the floor plan as the garden being upstairs, like a particularly drunken build on The Sims

I expect the conversion is automatic. Aim for 7.14m, accidentally flub a zero on the end and suddenly your garden is long enough to fit a very narrow olympic swimming pool.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
would make for a great little archery range

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
It's a ground floor gaff. The only garden access is by jumping out of the door at the top of the stairs. The kitchen doors have never worked.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

If this was my house I'd probably knock down some walls and turn the bathroom/upboar/lobby/toilet-shame-cubicle into the kitchen (with garden access) and put the bathroom in the kitchen space, probably squeeze a washing machine in there too euro-style.

Then everyone in the garden can watch me poop through binoculars.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm surprised it isn't listed as KITCHEN/BEDROOM 2.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

still lol'ing at "what's upboar?"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Move the toilet to the upboar imo, then you can have a bigger upboar. That's a quick win

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Keep searching would be my advice

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

josh04 posted:

still lol'ing at "what's upboar?"

Nothin', boar, what's up with you?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/tomjsimcock/status/1712013470432891147

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

EdBlackadder posted:

Nothin', boar, what's up with you?

My bathroom garden!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Microplastics posted:

it's a mario castle level, the "doors" are actually those rotating fireball things

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

One of those papers that's right on the intersection of "well duh" and "worthwhile to research anyway". Stress causes ageing, and renting is stressful, that's all pretty much axiomatic.

Also, landlords are more genetically similar to crabs than people

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
If u think about it a bidet is basically a slowly flushing toilet bowl

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
100% chance that bidet is mainly used as a urinal

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I thought that's what sinks were for?

https://twitter.com/mrliamdurkin/status/1711995386611605668

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1712001615144554886

NJAN99, you didn't leave your car there did you?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 11, 2023

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Microplastics posted:

Actually seen a garden like this, just a really long narrow strip tapering to a point on the border of an RSPB reserve. No wider than I’d say 4m at any point. Had about a hundred deer skulls stacked against the fence, apparently the guy used to be a gamekeeper.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuctifino posted:

#juststopoil

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

fuctifino posted:

Anyone taking bets on this being a Tesla that caught fire?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's a good chance that 70m garden is a legacy from the medieval times when land was dished out to peasants as long narrow strips. There's a row of narrow Victorian terraced houses opposite a place where I lived in Cambridgeshire that had gardens like this. Google maps measured them as 95m long. They were amazing to play in as kids

https://twitter.com/mrkphllps1/status/1711787566867837400

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 11, 2023

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Holy hell, whoever insures that car park must be feeling pretty loving stressed right now.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

fuctifino posted:

There's a good chance that 70m garden is a legacy from the medieval times when land was dished out to peasants as long narrow strips.

*tsk* these days all we get is

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just touched down on my holiday abroad. What's happening back there?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

fuctifino posted:

There's a good chance that 70m garden is a legacy from the medieval times when land was dished out to peasants as long narrow strips. There's a row of narrow Victorian terraced houses opposite a place where I lived in Cambridgeshire that had gardens like this. Google maps measured them as 95m long. They were amazing to play in as kids

My childhood garden in Leeds was like this, albeit on a slope.

When house hunting a couple of years back we came across a really weird setup with an even longer garden. The setup was weird because it went:

-Road-
-Back door to house-
-House-
-Front door to house-
-Path parallel to road linking all the terrace-
-Enormously long gardens-

We'd have bought the place were it not for the garden being separate from the house (no good to let a dog into to burn some energy) or the loving weird guy showing us round whilst obviously drunk.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

They're called Burgage plots, and a few places round where I am have them too. They make for interesting gardens.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
25ft closet is kinda cool, you could stash all sorts of stuff up there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OzyMandrill posted:

They're called Burgage plots, and a few places round where I am have them too. They make for interesting gardens.

Thank you! I was trying to remember the name from my pre-millenium memory banks. They are amazing places to explore with a metal detector too