Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like the Apollo villains just aren't very good. The Phoenix side has probably lower lows but I think the average villain quality is better than the Apollo side of things.

GAA's villains are kinda in the middle.

In fairness the apollo side of things is basically kristoph twice and two dogshit villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TheKingofSprings posted:

In fairness the apollo side of things is basically kristoph twice and two dogshit villains

At least case 3’s villain was a giant dickhead :haw:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I thought the villains of the third case for both GAA games were absolutely stellar.

How the gently caress can you argue with the Assman

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
GAA2-3 introduced the Assman, the clockwork boy, the sassy waxy witch and the solitary coroner all at once, dunno how you could argue it is anything but peak in terms of characters.

e: also, Toby

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Waffleman_ posted:

No it's not! Hey you know this new character? Well, you never actually knew them at all, they were actually this person the whole time who is even LESS of a character than the person you thought they were!

Yea completely forgot how poo poo and disappointing that climax was

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

the_american_dream posted:

Yea completely forgot how poo poo and disappointing that climax was

Even knowing ahead of time is still sucks Cause I was actually ended up liking Bobby before the reveal.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's also the dumbest twist because he doesn't actually do anything other than be the idiot detective in the time before the final case. There's no foreshadowing or setting up pins for the final gambit, just "oh yeah Bobby was a lie." The only reason you don't see it coming is because it makes zero sense; twists are supposed to recontextualize things! :argh:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As someone who loves all the Axe Attorney games, even the bad ones,

Dongicus posted:

dual destinies is the worst by far. writing, music, art style. it stinks!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am excited to play the other two apollo justice games for the first time and i am sure i will not be disappointed in them <3

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Runa posted:

As someone who loves all the Axe Attorney games, even the bad ones,

But how does it compare to the professor hammer games?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Axe Attorney would be a very different game :orks101:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

DD is on the bottom for me, if only because its central theme of The Dark Age of The Law feels like it was handled already by apollo justice, which atleast can back it up more with its interest in noir stylings. so i was bored throughout most of it. dont care much for SoJ either.

it's a shame the mainline yamazaki games are just kind of bummers because AAI2 is a homerun

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

DD is on the bottom for me, if only because its central theme of The Dark Age of The Law feels like it was handled already by apollo justice, which atleast can back it up more with its interest in noir stylings. so i was bored throughout most of it. dont care much for SoJ either.

it's a shame the mainline yamazaki games are just kind of bummers because AAI2 is a homerun

Shame that whole jury system never took off and we have to continue to rely on a senile old man.

Summing up the big ending of 4-4.

I really should finish DD, though, if only to just be done with it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FutureFriend posted:

AJ actually did something with it and did so without having to shout "THE DARK AGE OF LAW" every chapter.

Like every victory in AJ is brought about by some fuckery by Phoenix or Trucy and as much as 4-3 sucks it does raise a good question "what if there is no decisive evidence?" It could have done more with it considering Apollo's mentor and I think it would have helped Klavier standout more as the Legitimate Honest Prosecutor.

Morphogenic96
Oct 30, 2013

Anyone bought up Investigations 1 as a candidate for worst? Honestly that was pretty dull most of the time with the only memorable part being the excessively stubborn final villain.

Granted my actual worst one is PLvPW for having the most jaw droppingly stupid twist though it's not he worst twist by Layton standards

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Ace Attorney series if Japan had kept using jury trials instead of giving up on them

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Morphogenic96 posted:

Anyone bought up Investigations 1 as a candidate for worst? Honestly that was pretty dull most of the time with the only memorable part being the excessively stubborn final villain.

Granted my actual worst one is PLvPW for having the most jaw droppingly stupid twist though it's not he worst twist by Layton standards

It's case 3 also has a funny opener, but yeah it is kinda dull.

For the next Ace Attorney do we want Ace Attorney 7, Investigations 3, or Great Ace Attorney 3?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's definitely time for AA7. Come on Capcom let's go already.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ace Attorney Investigations 3: Klavier Gavin

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, no, Takumi is far overdue to come back to the main series

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Literally anything is overdue for the main series

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm not sure what they could do with the main series; they're already dealing with some pretty bad cast bloat, but there aren't really any open threads left for the existing characters. But I trust whatever they come up with :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

uhh we dont know anything about athenas dad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Do another soft reboot but actually commit to it

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

There’s still the matter of figuring out who the phantom’s employer was, but other than that… :shrug:

Time for another timeskip?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i want investigations but for them to go back to the original idea they had for investigations where you are ema skye...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

There’s still the matter of figuring out who the phantom’s employer was, but other than that… :shrug:

No, let's not touch that ever again, it's stupid

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The coolest twist in Spirit of Justice was the reveal that Phoenix is not the main character, and the finale was a two-parter of Apollo kickin his rear end in Japanifornia, and then Phoenix graciously stepping aside and just watching as Apollo dismantled an authoritarian regime in Khu'rain.

Just do a soft reboot, have the old cast be background characters at most, and let the new main cast actually drive the plot. I'd much rather have an entirely new attorney who actually gets to be a main character than them trying to slot in a case for Athena and Apollo and two or more for old Nick.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
They’ve done Present Day Phoenix Wright, they’ve done Past Phoenix Wright, the next game will have to star Future Phoenix Wright in space. Not really any alternatives. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But every game has taken place in the future....

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Do more ace attorney crossover games.

Ace attorney investigates Pokémon crime. Ace attorney investigates the kidnapping of Princess Peach.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe we can solve courtroom mysteries that aren't murders :shobon:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Only if they at least double the hamminess and arguing over totally inane poo poo to compensate for the lower stakes

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Ace Attorney: Civil Practice

Larry is the defendant in all the cases.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fangz posted:

Do more ace attorney crossover games.

Ace attorney investigates Pokémon crime.

This one just came out and was bad

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The coolest twist in Spirit of Justice was the reveal that Phoenix is not the main character, and the finale was a two-parter of Apollo kickin his rear end in Japanifornia, and then Phoenix graciously stepping aside and just watching as Apollo dismantled an authoritarian regime in Khu'rain.

This owned a lot and outweighed most of SoJ's flaws imo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Everything Apollo in SoJ felt perfect IMO

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Ace Attorney: Property Line Disputes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU