Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

GoLambo posted:

How exactly did Hamas have time to commit all these rapes and war crimes while they were busy overrunning military bases, fighting the IDF street to street, and merking like half of the IDF's special forces command? Anybody can do war crimes for sure but like, these guys seem like they had quite a lot more on their plate before but like, has anyone bothered to suggest that tens of thousands of rounds in stray crossfire within an urban center is likely to produce significant civilian casualties?

Proper time management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

GoLambo posted:

How exactly did Hamas have time to commit all these rapes and war crimes while they were busy overrunning military bases, fighting the IDF street to street, and merking like half of the IDF's special forces command? Anybody can do war crimes for sure but like, these guys seem like they had quite a lot more on their plate before but like, has anyone bothered to suggest that tens of thousands of rounds in stray crossfire within an urban center is likely to produce significant civilian casualties?

Fascist enemies must both be weak, subhuman animals yet also nearly unbendingly strong that only the most Herculean effort can hope to overcome by the Good Guys. So HAMAS is weak and must have had help from Iran and will be easy to defeat yet at the same time they are literal demons who can bend time for the sole purpose of killing our precious babes and defiling our pure women making them an existential threat that must be fully eradicated

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
their opinion is generally worthless but considering theyre an egyptian government front its impressive that Al-Azhar are putting out this statement that the world and the islamic world must stand up to the inhumanity of the west:-

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1712083379850469697?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

also the handful of saudi of the political commentstors who are allowed to speak are roundly denouncing america and the west in general as monsterous liars and hypocrites and america is not someone who can be a political negotiator in anything anymore

https://twitter.com/kdriyadh/status/1712064965027221863?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

even saudi officials and princes are posting solidarity with palestine which really hasnt happened in years since MBS achieved power

https://twitter.com/naif63_2/status/1712054064660328542?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Oct 11, 2023

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Razing ze Warsaw Ghetto was fully within ze Reich's right to defend itself. Utmost care was taken to minimise civilian casualties.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What if somebody opened a chain of jewish- Palestinian fusion restaurants to bring peace to the region?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

would be great if somebody opened a chain of probes on this user

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

antipattern posted:

Yeah after the west immediately went into 1000% genocidal bloodlust mode after the attack, it became crystal clear they're all nazis lusting for the death of the global south. I suppose that's always been the case but now there's zero doubt.

The implications here are pretty dire

Western liberals over the last couple of years especially are becoming increasingly comfortable with genocidal rhetoric, and mass death more broadly. We saw a lot of this towards Russia, we're seeing it now toward Palestine, and while it's not as far along yet we see this toward China. Armenia too, recently, though this was expressed as indifference rather than outright bloodlust.

Climate change is resulting in a surge of refugees who have no choice but to flee increasingly intolerable conditions; some estimates place the numbers as high as hundreds of millions by mid-century. And Western audiences are priming themselves mentally for accepting either the mass death of such refugees and perhaps even outright slaughter at this massive scale. All of this, instead of reckoning with the conscious decisions made by the colonial powers of the last 400 years which created these conditions. They're choosing mass slaughter over reparations.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Hammerstein posted:

Razing ze Warsaw Ghetto was fully within ze Reich's right to defend itself. Utmost care was taken to minimise civilian casualties.

time to take some articles on Gaza and some on the Warsaw ghetto uprising, switch the names in both, and see who takes the bait and or can spot the difference

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's standard fare in the succ zone to make fun of these twee influencers who try to promote Joe Biden at every opportunity (because they are paid to do so) but it's especially infuriating when they're applying the gimmick to a historical catastrophe.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

Western liberals over the last couple of years especially are becoming increasingly comfortable with genocidal rhetoric, and mass death more broadly. We saw a lot of this towards Russia, we're seeing it now toward Palestine, and while it's not as far along yet we see this toward China. Armenia too, recently, though this was expressed as indifference rather than outright bloodlust.

Climate change is resulting in a surge of refugees who have no choice but to flee increasingly intolerable conditions; some estimates place the numbers as high as hundreds of millions by mid-century. And Western audiences are priming themselves mentally for accepting either the mass death of such refugees and perhaps even outright slaughter at this massive scale. All of this, instead of reckoning with the conscious decisions made by the colonial powers of the last 400 years which created these conditions. They're choosing mass slaughter over reparations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas fighters are still taking the fight to the nazis, aljazeera is now live covering gunfights between Hamas and the nazis in Sderot.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Al-Saqr posted:

their opinion is generally worthless but considering theyre an egyptian government front its impressive that Al-Azhar are putting out this statement that the world and the islamic world must stand up to the inhumanity of the west:-

Weathervanes lmao

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

VoicesCanBe posted:

This is a good post.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas still launching strikes against Ben Gurion airport

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's standard fare in the succ zone to make fun of these twee influencers who try to promote Joe Biden at every opportunity (because they are paid to do so) but it's especially infuriating when they're applying the gimmick to a historical catastrophe.

i dont have an account on any social media is this dipshit at least being called out on it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Weathervanes lmao

Hopefully they catch wind

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Zoeb posted:

I feel so sad and impotent. All I can do is watch through a screen this massive amount of human suffering and death and injustice and it's been going on for decades and will continue to go on until everyone is dead. At most I can start an argument or a screaming match with random strangers on the internet, maybe go to a protest where no one will listen to me anyway. I just don't even know what to do with this. I feel helpless. No one with power has any interest in listening to any perspective except for the Israel lobby and anyone who might have a different opinion has no career in politics. It's just hopeless. All I can do is be a consumer. It's heartbreaking.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Two quick updates

Ben Gurion airport is being hit so hard airplanes are redirecting themselves from landing there

Hezbollah put out a statement saying that the aircraft carriers are a weakshit moral support to make up for israels impotence, it wont scare the islamic resistance movements and the resistance will win total victory.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

VoicesCanBe posted:

reaction is a hell of a drug.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Honky Mao posted:

shut the gently caress up mcmagic

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

liberals have always been pro genocide

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
mcmagic is the adam friedland of cspam and I mean that in the best and worst ways possible

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Two quick updates

Ben Gurion airport is being hit so hard airplanes are redirecting themselves from landing there

Hezbollah put out a statement saying that the aircraft carriers are a weakshit moral support to make up for israels impotence, it wont scare the islamic resistance movements and the resistance will win total victory.

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1712089640419660011 lol they are suspending all flights

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

how long until Israel does an MH17 and blames it on hamas/iran lol

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The militants wiped out an entire Israeli airborne team.
https://twitter.com/CollieYimby/status/1711859054656753994?s=20

this is a larger ambusb than i think hamas or hezbollah have pulled off ever?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

VoicesCanBe posted:

and it all gets whitewashed through asking questions about how treating people like human being would impact the economy

even liberals who have some variety of understanding about history and society and what not can throw up their hands, pretending like the contrived state of human social affairs is a natural disaster or some poo poo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sorry i though that fully loaded boeing was a paraglider and my finger slipped woops

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

VoicesCanBe posted:

:smith:

It's going to be incredibly grim.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zodium posted:

that's right.

the possible outcomes seem to be:
- no out way is found, and israel genocides the palestinians.
- some way out is found, and israel ethnically cleanses palestine.
- israel is defeated and apartheid is ended by force of arms.

the core's material support for the former two outcomes and visceral opposition to the third is, at this point, essentially indistinguishable from nazism.

Given that Nazis love to play with language, ie semantic collapse, the best way to identity a Nazi is to judge their actions.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
let's be absolutely clear here: if an airliner blows up in Israeli airspace, it's going to be the USA that did it, no matter what anyone else says (and they will yell it as loudly as they can), because they are the world leaders in using airborne terrorism for political purposes

they've done it before and they will do it again

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Neurolimal posted:

mcmagic is the adam friedland of cspam and I mean that in the best and worst ways possible

he pooped his pants?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

he pooped his pants?

yeah when he saw that guy with the phone

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

gradenko_2000 posted:

let's be absolutely clear here: if an airliner blows up in Israeli airspace, it's going to be the USA that did it, no matter what anyone else says (and they will yell it as loudly as they can), because they are the world leaders in using airborne terrorism for political purposes

i've full confidence in the israelis to do it themselves

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

VoicesCanBe posted:

liberals have always been this way; the recent de-masking is due to their desperation at losing control and power, as well as their frustration at being utterly incapable of formulating real plans of action around their own ideological barriers pressing in on them. and the fact is that the idf is responsible for training these liberals' security/death squads and we're seeing the (in)effectiveness of their training in real time.

the empire is shrinking, to meet the needs of the shrinking empire

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VoicesCanBe posted:

I mean the only reason western liberals hated the Iraq war was that it was "illegal" in that it didn't go through the proper steps to be "legal" and also Bush didn't execute the war correctly. Bush killing a million or so Iraqis got swept away when he gave Michelle Obama a candy.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

stumblebum posted:

liberals have always been this way; the recent de-masking is due to their desperation at losing control and power, as well as their frustration at being utterly incapable of formulating real plans of action around their own ideological barriers pressing in on them. and the fact is that the idf is responsible for training these liberals' security/death squads and we're seeing the (in)effectiveness of their training in real time.

the empire is shrinking, to meet the needs of the shrinking empire

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

uh which ones are these?

9/11 (lol ish), Iran Air Flight 655 are the ones that spring to mind (not exactly using it for political purposes though? they were just trigger happy idiots?), the korea airline off russia wan'st really a US provocation?

not saying there aren't any of course, i'm sure i just don't remember them

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The thing that genuinely frightens me is that the whites would rather have no world than a world they have to share with others in. that's why I think a world war is much more likely with china than it ever was with the USSR.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

uh which ones are these?

9/11 (lol ish), Iran Air Flight 655 are the ones that spring to mind (not exactly using it for political purposes though? they were just trigger happy idiots?), the korea airline off russia wan'st really a US provocation?

not saying there aren't any of course, i'm sure i just don't remember them

Cubana de Aviación Flight 455
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
Ukraine Flight 752

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Al-Saqr posted:

The thing that genuinely frightens me is that the whites would rather have no world than a world they have to share with others in. that's why I think a world war is much more likely with china than it ever was with the USSR.

The Pacific Desert (formerly Earth)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Valleyant posted:

I feel like actual antisemitism is gonna explode after the dust clears on this mess

Ukraine isn't doing great, and global attention shifting to Israel is going to make for one hell of a 'stabbed in the back' narrative for all nazi enthusiasts in Eastern Europe to spin into a new lost cause mythos