Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

I bring it up because he said, this which shook me a bit:

😳😳😳

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

i picked up a fantastic hobby in the form of warhammer 40,000

Watch Al-Saqr lose all his gains after really falling down the Space Marine hole.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

30.5 Days posted:

idk how people feel about podcast talk but there is a new chapo trap house that is an interview with a guy named Mohammad Alsaafin who is an AJ+ reporter (https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/771-the-crossing-feat-mohammad-alsaafin-101023)

I bring it up because he said, this which shook me a bit:

I never thought of that but yeah your average Hamas guy is probably like 19, never been out of the strip, known the occupier only via getting bombed and losing people at the hands of faceless technology, and busting into some settler suburb has to be like breaking out of the arena in the hunger games

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

It is something that its basically the Shiite groups in the middle east helping out the Sunni Palestinians while their fellow Sunni brethren remain complacent and silent.

yeah I think that's one of the most hosed up things here. the egyptian, saudi, jordanian and uae governments are such shameful lapdogs

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

any link to it, if you can find it still?

https://erinkissane.com/meta-in-myanmar-part-iii-the-inside-view

here’s part 3 of ???

long as hell and I haven’t read all of it. should be links to parts 1 and 2 at least somewhere in the intro

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

I never thought of that but yeah your average Hamas guy is probably like 19, never been out of the strip, known the occupier only via getting bombed and losing people at the hands of faceless technology, and busting into some settler suburb has to be like breaking out of the arena in the hunger games

it is absolutely like that and would be world-shattering, like real matrix liberatory poo poo. it's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about al aqsa flood

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

i say swears online posted:

yeah I think that's one of the most hosed up things here. the egyptian, saudi, jordanian and uae governments are such shameful lapdogs

Israel successfully Infiltrating and placing the rabid fascist dogs in charge of those countries in power is a real masterstroke from their end sadly. It's really easy to control governments where only one retard is in charge and only one vote from an insane animal is needed.

This is why Israel can only rely on dictatorships be they royal or military, places where muslims have dmocracy like malaysia and indonesia are super duper anti-israel because their citizens have a say.

The ultimate cancer of the arab world who need to be taken out of the picture are the goat loving dogs who rule the UAE, that poo poo eating flea picker mohammad bin zayed and his inbred cousins are the most active destroyers of any attempt of national liberation for arabs and they will pay a huge price once arabs are free from the dictatorships grasp.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 07:45 on Oct 11, 2023

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Layers and layers of hosed up genocide. Gaza cannot rescue people from the bombings cause the heavy machinery required to remove rubble is banned by Israel and the ones they do have cannot run because of the fuel cut off

https://twitter.com/Almeqdad/status/1711948750199935402

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel successfully Infiltrating and placing the rabid fascist dogs in charge of those countries in power is a real masterstroke from their end sadly. It's really easy to control governments where only one retard is in charge.

tbf america did coup them all like a billion times, locked them up in IMF system and privatized everything to the west, and assasinated anyone to the left of hillary clinton who had any potential power

israel didn't really have to do anything

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Al! posted:

the libs will be remorseful when they wake out of their blood rage, but won't remember themselves being involved at all, like werewolves

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

dads friend steve posted:

here’s part 3 of ???

long as hell and I haven’t read all of it. should be links to parts 1 and 2 at least somewhere in the intro

thank you

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The militants wiped out an entire Israeli airborne team.
https://twitter.com/CollieYimby/status/1711859054656753994?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The militants wiped out an entire Israeli airborne team.
https://twitter.com/CollieYimby/status/1711859054656753994?s=20

HELL loving YES HAMAS loving RULES

DTI DTI DTI

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
zelensky must be so pissed right now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it really is true that the only person who can stop a bad guy with a gun is a child with a gun

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Aljazeera publishes first pictures of american military supply intervention for the nazis:-

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2023...%AD%D9%85%D9%84

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm guessing IDF and police casualties are a lot worse than they're letting on. I wouldn't be surprised if they're slow walking the casualty list to make it look like way more civilians were hit than security forces.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Xaris posted:

zelensky must be so pissed right now

ehh hard to say. America might actually spin up the ~war economy~ now that their special prize pig is threatened. Ukraine could possibly benefit off the back end of that.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm guessing IDF and police casualties are a lot worse than they're letting on. I wouldn't be surprised if they're slow walking the casualty list to make it look like way more civilians were hit than security forces.

Yeah, I have to say, there has been a lot of hate with the way the Israeli government has been attacking, but it also seems to be cut with a liberal dose of terror.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They've only admitted five dead from that special forces unit that was left unreinforced for 12 hours and wiped out, so I'd say this is likely.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

lol israeli channel 13 announces that hamas managed a navy seals landing in aashkelon overnight without being detected lol DTI

I wonder where the breakdown is happening in Israeli reconnaissance. Did they get fleeced by some tech bro that said they could replace recon flights and patrols with ring cameras? I have heard there was a breakdown between Shin Bet and Mossad over the Abraham accords and normalizing relations with other countries plus discord over the judicial reforms.

I also would have thought the US military would have put a lot more eyes on the area by now.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

salartarium posted:

I wonder where the breakdown is happening in Israeli reconnaissance. Did they get fleeced by some tech bro that said they could replace recon flights and patrols with ring cameras? I have heard there was a breakdown between Shin Bet and Mossad over the Abraham accords and normalizing relations with other countries plus discord over the judicial reforms.

I also would have thought the US military would have put a lot more eyes on the area by now.

well initially the word is that the Israeli intelligence did pick up on the training routines and assembling of fighters that was the main force to go over / through / under / around the walls, but they thought it was a bluff that was intended to be picked up on cameras and spook Israel into concessions so they didn't tell anyone or do anything about it lol

They've claimed to have a complete security perimeter around Gaza since the evening of day 2 so I don't know how Hamas is still getting people out if that's the case

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

here’s part 3 of ???

quote:

But how did Facebook get to be the internet?

In the early years, there’s a stripped-down version of the app kicking around that used less data than competitors’. But also, when Myanmar’s government opens up to two foreign telecom services, the stronger of the two, Norway’s Telenor, “zero-rates” Facebook.9 Essentially, zero-rating is a selective subsidy; it means that customers won’t be charged for the data they use for some parts of the internet, but would be charged for others. For all of Telenor’s customers, using Facebook is free.

I remember when I was told that zero-rating as a consequence of losing net neutrality protections was really no big deal in our very own bad forum and now here it is directly implicated in genocide, so that's cool.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Starsfan posted:

the ~war economy~

lol if you think we'll lower profits for Israel

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

salartarium posted:

if there's one thing that should be obvious the past several years is the idea of US (and IS) being a Superman Wunderwaffen Empire Driven by High-Tech with sci-fi rear end omnipresent uber-surveillance (*24 voice* enhance!) was all a force projection mirage.

e: it also was obvious during Iraq and Afghanistan. it took US like 10 months to capture a tiny city like Fallujah and the only way it "took" it was by completely annihlating around 80% of the city into pure rubble.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:20 on Oct 11, 2023

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

here’s part 3 of ???

i was wary of this narrative because people also blamed Facebook for the genocide in Ethiopia which is weird because only like 25 percent of Ethiopians have internet access at all and most people just use ethnic forums or mereja to post about politics, Facebook is for rich people lol. It seems to make sense in Myanmar however.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Starsfan posted:

ehh hard to say. America might actually spin up the ~war economy~ now that their special prize pig is threatened. Ukraine could possibly benefit off the back end of that.

You been posting in the Ukraine thread...and you think that is going to happen? Those artisan shell factories aren't going to start replicating through asexual reproduction.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 08:22 on Oct 11, 2023

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

*Israel paying to unlock ai Hitler on the Historical Figures App and begging for military advice.*

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Xaris posted:

if there's one thing that should be obvious the past several years is the idea of US (and IS) being a Superman Wunderwaffen Empire Driven by High-Tech with sci-fi rear end omnipresent uber-surveillance (*24 voice* enhance!) was all a force projection mirage.

All of that's true but the wunderwaffen sci-fi rear end omnipresent uber-surveillance technology is just a cybernetic panopticon. It is a wonder, and the wonder is the illusion.

Starsfan posted:

America literally doesn't have the ability to do this anymore.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

you have to imagine the US does _something_ to increase ammo production

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah...America has just been pretending to be out of armaments and unable to make shells...

Otherwise, if the Israelis are serious about a multifront war, they need more than some jdams, they need a couple million shells.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Oldest Man posted:

All of that's true but the wunderwaffen sci-fi rear end omnipresent uber-surveillance technology is just a cybernetic panopticon. It is a wonder, and the wonder is the illusion.
oh yeah for sure. the power is the illusion.

if anything I would say that's Hamas's greatest tactical objective they achieved was destroying that illusion by showing it can bleed, once the dam breaks it's hard to put hologram humpty dumpty back together.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1712001208053838051

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

CODChimera posted:

you have to imagine the US does _something_ to increase ammo production

Hang out in the WW3 thread, we have such sights to show you.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
going through the backlog of articles and lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

german gestapo try to arrest peaceful protestor for waving palestinain flag, people come out to stop them

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1712000077227864231?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Ardennes posted:

You been posting in the Ukraine thread...and you think that is going to happen? Those artisan shell factories aren't going to start replicating through asexual reproduction.

who's to say they don't hire another 60 year old amish dude to sit at the end of the line with a paint brush. I don't know what's possible and what's not possible.

and to be honest I always kind of skimmed past the Frosted Flake diatribes on shell production

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Europe is kind of getting weird isn't it.

Starsfan posted:

who's to say they don't hire another 60 year old amish dude to sit at the end of the line with a paint brush. I don't know what's possible and what's not possible.

and to be honest I always kind of skimmed past the Frosted Flake diatribes on shell production

Go back and read them, they seem to be on point. US shell production is barely enough for its own needs, much less Ukraine. The US can start emptying out its stores of other weapons (JDAMs etc), but at the end of the day, real wars take HE 152/155mm shells.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 08:37 on Oct 11, 2023

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Starsfan posted:

shell production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Starsfan posted:

neoliberals would rather shoot themselves in the face than allow the state to do anything.