Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the future is stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

dance puppet dance

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
How many superchargers are there in Gaza

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712094933958398038?s=20

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712104864887509503

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

man hes really going for it(??)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I mean, he could've applied for hundreds. Being rejected by 16 doesn't mean anything without context

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
why not a 4.0 unweighted GPA?

should have studied harder imo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

titty_baby_ posted:

I mean, he could've applied for hundreds. Being rejected by 16 doesn't mean anything without context

Google just hired him so congrats on skipping four years of bullshit imo

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
probably the kid just has bad vibes

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

graventy posted:

no, the left hates asians

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you created a startup your sophomore year? instead of partying?? uhh LOSER

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

graventy posted:

He’s 18 and runs a successful startup so 100% he’s an rear end in a top hat

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

titty_baby_ posted:

This does sound like the kind of kid who applies to every school in the country so he can show off how many acceptance letters he gets.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

graventy posted:

Whatever happened to that guy who said Google fired him because he was white, but then everyone found out it was because he actually just sucked?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Business Gorillas posted:

Whatever happened to that guy who said Google fired him because he was white, but then everyone found out it was because he actually just sucked?

same difference

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

no it means the left hates asians

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Guy who has been using more dogwhistles lately: Mmm yes I agree the left is saying more extreme things.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I looked it up and he didn't actually apply to that many. Mostly just top top elite stem schools that are notoriously hard to get into, then Texas and Maryland for some reason. Those were the only two who accepted him. I bet if he applied to san Jose state he wouldn't have had any issues

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lemme guess he applied to only ivies, Berkeley, Stanford and 6 other places that will laugh at you if you apply with less than a 4.0

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

james damore. dude had a giant honker

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

He’s 18 and runs a successful startup so 100% he’s an rear end in a top hat

pretty much every single one of these "teen has successful startup company" stories turns out to be absolute horseshit where there parents actually provided all of the connections, all of the funding, and 99% of the work. it's basically just a big PR campaign for their kid.

hell I remember one in Australia where the kid's parents literally owned a PR firm.

kid should have been denied for unattributed plagiarism of other's work lol.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lemme guess he applied to only ivies, Berkeley, Stanford and 6 other places that will laugh at you if you apply with less than a 4.0

I was curious:
https://abc7news.com/amp/stanley-zhong-college-rejected-teen-full-time-job-google-admissions/13890332/

He was actually rejected from some normal state schools too, but I think a lot of times state schools prioritize residents of the state? I could be wrong though.

The left hates Asians is such a weird thing to say though.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
maybe he just writes lovely essays?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
or has bad vibes??

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

3.97 is nothing nowadays because there is all those Honors/AP classes that inflate GPA scores above 4.0. I knew someone with a 4.2.

titty_baby_ posted:

I looked it up and he didn't actually apply to that many. Mostly just top top elite stem schools that are notoriously hard to get into, then Texas and Maryland for some reason. Those were the only two who accepted him. I bet if he applied to san Jose state he wouldn't have had any issues

Every kid should try applying to the top school as a laugh.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

maybe he just writes lovely essays?

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

or has bad vibes??

same thing, what is an essay if not vibes on paper

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe his essay or cover letter sucked

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DesertIslandHermit posted:

3.97 is nothing nowadays because there is all those Honors/AP classes that inflate GPA scores above 4.0. I knew someone with a 4.2.

Every kid should try applying to the top school as a laugh.

learn to read noob, he's got a 4.42 when weighted like you're describing

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Every state has like 4 other slightly shittier state schools, if you want to go so bad go to one of those.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Musk is not racist against Asians. His best friend, Ian Miles Cheong, is Asian*

*Ian has gone on record as Sol Invictus saying he hates being called Asian

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

so Google hired the kid as a "software engineer", which is partially why that word is becoming loving meaningless

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

learn to read noob, he's got a 4.42 when weighted like you're describing

He should have gotten 4.42 unweighted

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Working at Google now seems like it'd be so annoying vs working at Google in like 2008

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

shyduck posted:

so Google hired the kid as a "software engineer", which is partially why that word is becoming loving meaningless

I’m fairness Software Engineer has never meant Engineer. Engineers like make it so bridges don’t collapse and poo poo, which is why Software Engineers should not be allowed to make autopilot.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

Working at Google now seems like it'd be so annoying vs working at Google in like 2008

haha yeah so annoying for an entry level software engineer job to pay 200k plus bennies

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712126025503555865

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm sure they'll get right on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Just a minor inconvenience. Keep the refrigerator door closed for the time being