Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Whats really remarkable to me is that neither team has had better than a good quarterback since the 1980s, and even then, only for a little while and not exceptionally so.

Jay loving Cutler is the best QB Chicago has had since I was born literally the entire time its been a football organization. Mister I play football, I get paid, I don't give a gently caress. That's the bar to cross here, and that is loving dire.

A Festivus Miracle fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Diva Cupcake posted:

I choose to ignore this happened. LALALALALALALA

Zach Wilson as plucky upstart QB everyone wants to win is here to stay.

I kept telling yall you were being way too overreactive just cause his first couple games as a rookie starter didn't go well.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Whats really remarkable to me is that neither team has had better than a good quarterback since the 1980s, and even then, only for a little while and not exceptionally so.

"Jim McMahon was just a likeable Trent Dilfer" is a take I've uttered that has elicited threats of a punch in the nose before

BabyJebus
Jan 19, 2006
N: Marshawn Lynch was a backup dancer for Too Short at Raiders halftime Monday night

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1uq6LYNF8

V: Marshawn is the best

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I hadn't thought of Malik Cunningham in a minute.

I mean that would be...something to try. Won't work, but it'd be different.

The good news is, what they have isn't working and is boring. Malik Cunningham doesn't even have to produce any offense, just some excitement really. That is all I want, some hope, maybe a TD here or there.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1712089871156670861?t=eqf0wgZJP37CpIzyQdLgyA&s=19

seems non-ideal to start a career!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Colts IR'd AR (out minimum a month) and signed Kellen Mond

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1712089871156670861
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1711880441853354157

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1712099070330716388?t=oMyfBQk8TBERigmS1s5D4Q&s=19

:lol:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I almost feel bad for Max Jones considering he's had multiple OC's since the start of his career (Josh McDaniels, The 2-headed disaster that was Matt Patricia & Joe Judge, and now Bill O'Brian)…

…Almost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mac jones smirking dipshit face saying that the only place in the league he ever saw himself going was to the New England Patriots and how he's confident he'll lead them into the next era of greatness while playing like a garbageman and constantly doing dirty poo poo makes it impossible to feel even an ounce of sympathy for him

macorkle

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1712104095199179114?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

I almost feel bad for Max Jones

lol

also he's a cheap shot guy if that helps

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tired: don’t draft OSU quarterbacks

Wired: don’t draft Bama quarterbacks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

am i reading this chart backwards or is it laid out backwards

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Alaois posted:

am i reading this chart backwards or is it laid out backwards
I don't think so? The teams on the left have the highest percentage of series that have gone run-run-pass.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jets and Niners being right next to each other is very funny

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets had a QB who played like Brock Purdy they would be super bowl contenders.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

lol

also he's a cheap shot guy if that helps

:lol: thanks autocorrect.

And what? 'Bama QB's being dirtbags?!?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

mcmagic posted:

If the Jets had a QB who played like Brock Purdy they would be super bowl contenders.

hosed up if true

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jets and Niners being right next to each other is very funny
Jets, Niners and Texans. It's Shanahan and his two DCs.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The Jets would wreck a Brock Purdy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LiquidFriend posted:

The Jets would wreck a Brock Purdy.

The idea that you can wreck QB's is bullshit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So you truly believe that Tom Brady would’ve still succeeded if he were thrown to any other team and immediately started versus the process he went through in NE?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

So you truly believe that Tom Brady would’ve still succeeded if he were thrown to any other team and immediately started versus the process he went through in NE?

He likely wouldn't have won as much but he would've been a good player.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

mcmagic posted:

It's ok mcmagic. You can admit that the Jets are never going to have a good QB. This is a safe space.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

What does wrecking a QB mean? Destroying their confidence that ruins the rest of their career or just not putting them in the best environment to succeed?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

AndrewP posted:

What does wrecking a QB mean? Destroying their confidence that ruins the rest of their career or just not putting them in the best environment to succeed?

Just some examples:

Potentially loving with mechanics
Ingraining bad habits
Screwing with internal in-play clocks due to bad lines (seeing ghosts, etc)

Edit:

See the literal wrecking of Andrew Luck by the coward Indianapolis Colts & Cam Newton by the Carolina Panthers/NFL Refs.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 11, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nervous posted:

It's ok mcmagic. You can admit that the Jets are never going to have a good QB. This is a safe space.

This might be true but it's not because they wrecked QB's. It's because they can't pick QB's and when they do pick a good one, he dies immediately.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

mcmagic posted:

This might be true but it's not because they wrecked QB's. It's because they can't pick QB's and when they do pick a good one, he dies immediately.

That fits a definition of wrecking.

wreck
verb [ T ]
uk
/rek/ us
/rek/
C2
to destroy or badly damage something:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

zac taylor has given out 21 game balls across two wins this season and the ownership told him to please not give more than 3 per game because balls are expensive

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Part of the reason I’m so high on Lawrence is that he endured a really terrible rookie year and it didn’t wreck him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nervous posted:

That fits a definition of wrecking.

wreck
verb [ T ]
uk
/rek/ us
/rek/
C2
to destroy or badly damage something:

Is it really the Jets' fault that Rodgers' foot fell off? Is that something they did to him?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Alternatively, Mac Jones had a pretty reasonable rookie year and now his bits should be scattered on the ocean.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mcmagic posted:

RG3.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well, Sergio Brown got caught in Mexico. He's been deported and is under arrest in Illinois for killing his mother.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yikes
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1712126321768169694?s=20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

Is it really the Jets' fault that Rodgers' foot fell off? Is that something they did to him?
Yes, by having a lovely OL and scheme, and/or not coaching him to get the ball out faster when the LT is, by design, slowing down the pass rusher he is facing by diving at his feet instead of blocking him.

AndrewP posted:

Part of the reason I’m so high on Lawrence is that he endured a really terrible rookie year and it didn’t wreck him.
I havent been able to watch any Jags games but he's feeling mediocre at best right now. After what they managed the second half of last year I still have hope, but sometimes I wonder if he is broken.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Quarterbacks get sacked all the time, it’s not the Jets fault his Achilles happened to snap

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I havent been able to watch any Jags games but he's feeling mediocre at best right now. After what they managed the second half of last year I still have hope, but sometimes I wonder if he is broken.

You should watch some Jags games, he makes awesome throws a lot and he’s got a really great connection with Calvin Ridley

Also he’s really underrated navigating the pocket and escaping pressure

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The idea that a toxic or incompetent workplace can't ruin a worker is pretty funny. Happens all the time, why wouldn't it happen in sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yes, by having a lovely OL and scheme, and/or not coaching him to get the ball out faster when the LT is, by design, slowing down the pass rusher he is facing by diving at his feet instead of blocking him.

Uh I don't agree with this. Dude is old. It was a routine tackle. He was gonna get hurt eventually if he was that fragile, just bad luck that it happened on the 5th play of the season. No amount of "coaching" was going to change this.

The real problem is the Jets putting all their eggs into the old man coming off an injury wreaked season basket, and not having a viable backup plan.