Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I'm looking for a flex/bye week RB in a 0.5 PPR league (currently have CMC and Mixon). I'm trying to target teams that aren't in tank mode yet and have weak WR rooms (I have a plethora of mid range WR2s) how would you rank the following as trade targets for rest of season:

Brian Robinson
Dameon Pierce
Aaron Jones
Raheem Mostert
Isiah Pacheco
Jerome Ford
Rachaad White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

MakaVillian posted:

I'm looking for a flex/bye week RB in a 0.5 PPR league (currently have CMC and Mixon). I'm trying to target teams that aren't in tank mode yet and have weak WR rooms (I have a plethora of mid range WR2s) how would you rank the following as trade targets for rest of season:

Brian Robinson
Dameon Pierce
Aaron Jones
Raheem Mostert
Isiah Pacheco
Jerome Ford
Rachaad White

Mostert*>BRobinson>Pacheco=Pierce>Jones*>White>Ford

* - has an injury history, valuation based on staying healthy which may not be a reasonable assumption

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bellmaker posted:

Is demercado worth going after? He seemed decent when Connor went out

Conner to IR so i guess this is happening??

E: Rams traded Van Jefferson to Atlanta???

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 10, 2023

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

How crazy is it to trade for Justin Jefferson right now?

I am 5-0 and have at least 3 wins over 50% of the league. 6 teams make the playoffs in our 12 team league. ESPN gives me a 97% chance at playoffs currently. I got offered Justin Jefferson and Deandre Swift for Zay Flowers and Breece Hall.

That would downgrade me from Zay Flowers to Terry McLaurin as my WR3 (we start three) and downgrade me from Breece Hall to Swift as my RB3. My read on Breece <> Swift is that Breece is lower floor, higher ceiling, more volatile - the Jets stink, but Breece is great and hits home runs. Swift is lower ceiling, higher floor - the Eagles are gonna run the ball, but Hurts is gonna steal a lot of running TD's.

I might drop a couple regular season games, but it seems maybe worth it as long as I get Jefferson back around Week 14? My only worry is that the Vikings are gonna have such a bad record by then that they might just ice him for the season or something.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

Brian Robinson
Dameon Pierce
Aaron Jones
Raheem Mostert
Isiah Pacheco
Jerome Ford
Rachaad White

I would target Aaron Jones and Pachecho. They have established roles in decent offenses. Mostert is gonna put up great numbers in the NFL's best offense but also he will get hurt.

The other ones are just mediocre talents in mediocre offenses IMO.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

mega dy posted:

I am 5-0 and have at least 3 wins over 50% of the league. 6 teams make the playoffs in our 12 team league. ESPN gives me a 97% chance at playoffs currently. I got offered Justin Jefferson and Deandre Swift for Zay Flowers and Breece Hall.

That would downgrade me from Zay Flowers to Terry McLaurin as my WR3 (we start three) and downgrade me from Breece Hall to Swift as my RB3. My read on Breece <> Swift is that Breece is lower floor, higher ceiling, more volatile - the Jets stink, but Breece is great and hits home runs. Swift is lower ceiling, higher floor - the Eagles are gonna run the ball, but Hurts is gonna steal a lot of running TD's.

I might drop a couple regular season games, but it seems maybe worth it as long as I get Jefferson back around Week 14? My only worry is that the Vikings are gonna have such a bad record by then that they might just ice him for the season or something.

You hit on the main reason I'm not pursuing JJ. There's definitely a non-zero chance he doesn't play again this season.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mega dy posted:

I would 100% take this gamble. Yeah there is some small chance he sits out the rest of the year but you are buying one of the best players in fantasy for pennies on the dollar. I don't view Hall to Swift on the Zach Wilson edition of the Jets as a downgrade at all either.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Docjowles posted:

I would 100% take this gamble. Yeah there is some small chance he sits out the rest of the year but you are buying one of the best players in fantasy for pennies on the dollar. I don't view Hall to Swift on the Zach Wilson edition of the Jets as a downgrade at all either.

Yeah I think I would also take the gamble. Swift has been pretty good so far and while Flowers is better, having Scary Terry as your WR3 isn't terrible.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Speaking of Justin Jefferson....

Am I crazy to offer James Cook for him in a trade - 10 team redraft 1PPR league? We start two RBs, two WRs and one FLEX.

Cook is 5th on my RB depth chart behind CMC, Montgomery, Taylor and Kyren. I have Olave, Pittman, Metcalf and Aiyuk at WR, so not bad but no elite fantasy WRs there.

Dude with JJ in my league is starting Zack Moss and Miles Sanders at RB but is stacked at WR. We're both 3-2 if that matters.

I'm really struggling trying to figure out what a fair trade for JJ is here but there's definitely a match between our two teams.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I proposed my Stafford and Luke Musgrave for Sam LaPorta, they countered with Stafford and Musgrave for Dallas Goedert. That's an upgrade for me right? They've been starting Dak so I figured I could get one of those two.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Am I crazy to offer James Cook for him in a trade - 10 team redraft 1PPR league? We start two RBs, two WRs and one FLEX.

Cook is 5th on my RB depth chart behind CMC, Montgomery, Taylor and Kyren. I have Olave, Pittman, Metcalf and Aiyuk at WR, so not bad but no elite fantasy WRs there.

Dude with JJ in my league is starting Zack Moss and Miles Sanders at RB but is stacked at WR. We're both 3-2 if that matters.

I'm really struggling trying to figure out what a fair trade for JJ is here but there's definitely a match between our two teams.

CMC is a fair offer I think. I knew I wouldn’t entertain anything less if I were the JJ owner

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ColdBlooded posted:

You’re saying “should I trade my 5th best running back for the best player in fantasy football”…

Now look at that phrase from the JJ owners perspective.

A fair offer for the best player in fantasy football is… another one of the best players in fantasy football. Like the previous poster said, CMC is the only person on your team I would trade my JJ for.

But, if there’s ever a question of “can I trade some guy on my bench for [insert super elite top 5 overall pick here]?” The answer is no. It’s always no.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 11, 2023

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What’s a realistic 1:1 offer for JJ?

e: CMC maybe yeah

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Anti-Hero posted:

I need a fill in for Jordan Love's bye (and possibly long term if he continues to suck).

Mayfield v DET
Ridder v WAS
Carr @ HOU
Minshew @ JAC

Those are the ones available that pop out the most to me.

My thing this year is instead of worrying about which mid players will do better I just start the most fun one. So far it's worked well for both my fantasy scores and my happiness index.

Minshew is by far the most Hakuna Matata of that list.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

What’s a realistic 1:1 offer for JJ?

e: CMC maybe yeah
Nah that’s crazy, CMC is immensely more valuble right now. Justin Jefferson’s best case is half of CMC’s output ROS, and his worst case is zero.

The truth is that it depends on the team. A team under 500 with their top pick injured should take a lesser player that will win them games. A team that is gonna make the playoffs should hold.

It doesn’t matter how good Justin Jefferson is if you lose all the games waiting for him to get healthy.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 11, 2023

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mega dy posted:

Nah that’s crazy, CMC is immensely more valuble right now. Justin Jefferson’s best case is half of CMC’s output ROS, and his worst case is zero.

Yeah I was thinking that as well, but I feel like at their level you’re going to have to overpay no matter what.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

RCarr posted:

You’re saying “should I trade my 5th best running back for the best player in fantasy football”…

Now look at that phrase from the JJ owners perspective.

A fair offer for the best player in fantasy football is… another one of the best players in fantasy football. Like the previous poster said, CMC is the only person on your team I would trade my JJ for.

But, if there’s ever a question of “can I trade some guy on my bench for [insert super elite top 5 overall pick here]?” The answer is no. It’s always no.

In normal circumstances absolutely, but JJ is out a minimum of 4 weeks in all likelihood, assuming he goes on IR (and he still has his bye for week 13 too). Legitimate question - doesn't this reduce his trade value in redraft leagues somewhat? Maybe not to James Cook levels but that's why I was asking to try and gauge what a realistic offer would be.

If CMC and JJ were both healthy, then yeah that's 100% the only option of course.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 11, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m not handing over a league winning player to another team for a mid tier player in return. I’d rather just wait 4 weeks. There’s a better chance of my #1 draft pick winning me more games in the remaining weeks he plays, than some average dude, even if the average guy plays 4 more games.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
really killing me here that JJ is not officially on IR yet

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RCarr posted:

I’m not handing over a league winning player to another team for a mid tier player in return. I’d rather just wait 4 weeks. There’s a better chance of my #1 draft pick winning me more games in the remaining weeks he plays, than some average dude, even if the average guy plays 4 more games.

If you can afford to possibly lose four games sure go for it. But hamstring injuries tend to linger, Minnesota might not have a reason to rush him back, and who knows if he will be the same this year.

If someone willing to pay, you gotta consider it otherwise you're being silly.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Maybe, but it would still require someone more valuable than on your bench. Something like Montgomery + Olave might at least get a response or counter-offer.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

My thing this year is instead of worrying about which mid players will do better I just start the most fun one. So far it's worked well for both my fantasy scores and my happiness index.

Minshew is by far the most Hakuna Matata of that list.

I like this. I'm mostly sunk in this league anyways, so Hakuna Matata it is!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Without knowing who is available in my league, anyone worth burning a top waiver for tomorrow? Demercado is interesting but eh, not worth it imo. Osborn could be good but again, I don’t see him as a must pickup guy.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah, even if they don’t move him to IR we already know he’s out so I don’t know what the holdup is

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

saintonan posted:

Mostert*>BRobinson>Pacheco=Pierce>Jones*>White>Ford

* - has an injury history, valuation based on staying healthy which may not be a reasonable assumption

mega dy posted:

I would target Aaron Jones and Pachecho. They have established roles in decent offenses. Mostert is gonna put up great numbers in the NFL's best offense but also he will get hurt.

The other ones are just mediocre talents in mediocre offenses IMO.

Thanks both.

I think if I was in a more secure playoff spot I'd pursue Pacheco harder , but his manager wants Puka+3rd and I don't know that I want to give that up just to get stomped by one of the 3 really good teams in my league. So I think I'll try to roll the dice on Jones and pray his hammy holds together.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Popero posted:

Roschon is rostered? He's probably a better add than any of those guys.

Yeah he’s taken. I’m leaving towards Wilson Jr since this is purely a depth move.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Same except Achane. Are you bastards really going to make him clog up my bench all week til he swaps to O? :argh:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

My opponent's RBs:

Nick Chubb - already on IR
James Conner - IR as of today
De'Von Achane - Likely to be out several weeks

lol

I look forward to seeing who he picks up on waiver overnight. Poor dude.

Oh wait, he also has David Montgomery. I feel less bad for him now.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I spammed out trades to my league leaders giving Jefferson for

A. Aiyuk
B. Breece Hall
C. Ceedee Lamb

I'd be thrilled if any of them were accepted. He is gone a minimum of 5 of the remaining 9 weeks. The only thing he'll likely be helping you win is the consolation bracket.*

*This actually matters in the Goon beer league, as I well know.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

saintonan posted:

You hit on the main reason I'm not pursuing JJ. There's definitely a non-zero chance he doesn't play again this season.

In 4+ games time I'd also be slightly concerned who is throwing him the ball. There's a non-zero chance Kirk gets traded with the way the Vikings season is going.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I don’t care how rear end the Raiders defense is points-wise Maxx Crosby is going to reenact “Saturn devouring his son” on Mac Jones at midfield Sunday

He was all over Jordan Love on MNF and the pats o-line is muuuuuuch worse

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 11, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Goddammit. The new guys in my league bid heavily on guys earlier in the season. This drove up bids in succeeding weeks.

No one played the wire this week. So I spent $55 total on KJ Osborn and JWJ when I could've gotten both for $3 :negative:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I love it

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Who wins this trade?

Get: Austin Ekeler
Give: Travis Kelce, Kyren Williams

Additional note: I already have La Porta on my bench

Bumhead fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 11, 2023

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Bumhead posted:

Who wins this trade?

Get: Austin Ekeler
Give: Travis Kelce, Kyren Williams

Additional note: I already have La Porta on my bench

If Ekeler stays healthier than Kelce, you do. That's a total crapshoot in either direction though.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Amari Cooper just got dropped in one of my leagues. I assume he is worth picking up, even though it is already tough to decide which WR to start between ARSB, Ridley, Addison with Jefferson out, and Evans.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Got Burrow off the wire. Do we think he's back? Or should I rather stream somebody else?

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
Would you trade Ken Walker for Davante Adams in half PPR? We start two WRs and two RBs.

My other RBs are Bijan, Mostert, and Breece Hall. I also have Allgeier as a handcuff and Jeff Wilson on IR. My WRs are a mass of OK guys: Ridley, Godwin, Pittman, Olave, and Jakobi Meyers. I am leaning no because I haven’t heard much about Davante this year, but his stats look solid so I don’t know.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

gloom posted:

Would you trade Ken Walker for Davante Adams in half PPR? We start two WRs and two RBs.

My other RBs are Bijan, Mostert, and Breece Hall. I also have Allgeier as a handcuff and Jeff Wilson on IR. My WRs are a mass of OK guys: Ridley, Godwin, Pittman, Olave, and Jakobi Meyers. I am leaning no because I haven’t heard much about Davante this year, but his stats look solid so I don’t know.

You've got the RB depth to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Addison getting all the love and everyone's forgetting how many TDs Osborne stole for JJ last year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a better game this weekend over Addison.