Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Jo Shitson

Well, poo poo, er 160 is the sum of the first 11 primes, not counting Optimus and Rodimus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Angepain posted:

Kid will have to go through life having his picture in the news accompanied by commentary on the duration of a poo poo he did one time. I hope he runs for political office one day and someone digs it up

Are the schools so bad that they just use pit latrines?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wouldn't mind being known as a big poo poo taker

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/ScrtDrugAddict/status/1182560773056450560

Not gonna lie, that first course doesn't sound very appetising to me either, especially a long portion of it.

Embarrassing for that lady that the kid has been drawing on her while she was asleep.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1712048316131795411

e: There's a video of someone warming the Tesla's Range Rover's engine:
https://twitter.com/PaulPellegrini8/status/1712020107415650436
https://twitter.com/Lisamfb/status/1712014835657982365

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 11, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

I wouldn't mind being known as a big poo poo taker

I think your post history has already gifted you that reputation!!!!

*high fives self*

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

:stare: People from N.I.; Well, that's everything set up for escalation and recruitment for the foreseeable future then. :stare:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/CST_UK/status/1712034241620394414

The definition of antisemitism has been diluted yet further. I guess Palestinians aren't considered Semitic people anymore? Though to be fair, I guess they lost that definition when they stopped being classed as people.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Not gonna lie, that first course doesn't sound very appetising to me either, especially a long portion of it.

lol gently caress's sake man I nearly outed myself as dossing off in the office I was having to howl with laughter silently so bad I nearly passed out from holding my breath

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/trtworld/status/1712053201245991142

:toot:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

lol gently caress's sake man I nearly outed myself as dossing off in the office I was having to howl with laughter silently so bad I nearly passed out from holding my breath

Just say you saw a particularly amusing invoice

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/KayBurley/status/1712001957676700033
.... ugh.... talking about genocide is a distraction, apparently

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Noxville posted:

Odd look for a 'former human rights lawyer' to be in favour of war crimes.

People put too much emphasis on the term "Human Rights" and not enough emphasis on "Lawyer".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanford posted:

The “she said, then I said, then she said…” reporting from the mum in the article is awesome. The mum was being totally calm and reasonable and the headteacher suddenly said “I don’t like the way you’re speaking to me” out of nowhere!
"Do not talk to me or my long pooing son again."

grobbo
May 29, 2014

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/CST_UK/status/1712034241620394414

The definition of antisemitism has been diluted yet further. I guess Palestinians aren't considered Semitic people anymore? Though to be fair, I guess they lost that definition when they stopped being classed as people.

This stuff is starting to feel incredibly dangerous.

UK public opinion skews towards sympathy for Palestine over Israel in the conflict, towards disapproval of Israeli settlements in Gaza and the West Bank, and in favour of the recognition of Palestinian independence. Support for a free Palestine obviously isn't anti-semitic in the first place, but it's not even a radical or fringe position. (With 8% favourability, Bibi is only slightly more popular in the UK than Putin.)

But we've somehow ended up with a political class that is, at times, helplessly beholden to the Will of the People, but at other times very happy to loudly impose the unpopular position of uncritical support for the actions of a widely-disliked foreign government.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

.... ugh.... talking about genocide is a distraction, apparently

the human suffering was a DISTACTION

*drives britain into the sea*

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

fuctifino posted:

Quite appropriate this happened in Bristol, perhaps he was checking the chart?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
School pulls long poo out of kid because he was given a mum after tuna

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Tuna pulls kid out of mum because he was given a long poo after school

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
When you read the article it does seem like the mum is entirely in the right here, and I do love to hear about a bad school administration getting told off.

To be honest I’m finding the Israel Palestine thing enormously frustrating. What the gently caress do you think people do when you deny them basic human rights and space to live for generations? They certainly shouldn’t massacre civilians but you can’t be shocked when they do and I don’t see why everyone on the telly is pretending this is in any way not the exact same thing any person who’s grown up in prison would do upon meeting the guards and their families.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

When you read the article it does seem like the mum is entirely in the right here, and I do love to hear about a bad school administration getting told off.

They gave the kid a meal, idk are they supposed to do forced-feeding if he refuses to eat? Surely that will only prolong his dirty protests

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jakabite posted:

I don’t see why everyone on the telly is pretending this is in any way not the exact same thing any person who’s grown up in prison would do upon meeting the guards and their families.

The purpose of people on the telly is to reinforce existing power structures. That means cheering when our allies do bad poo poo and booing when our opponents do bad poo poo. Every UK presenter knows without being told what line they have to take in Israel/ Palestine if they want to keep their jobs.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
We regret to inform...

quote:

A mother who claimed her son’s school made him eat a tuna sandwich instead of a hot meal because he ‘took his time’ on the toilet has admitted the story wasn’t true.

Stacy Jarvis, 31, publicly accused the school of forcing Jayden, nine, to go all day ‘without food’ because he doesn’t like tuna.

But she has now backtracked and admitted her son was in fact offered a hot meal before he turned down the sandwich.

Mum-of-four Stacy claims she didn’t know Jayden was actually offered a Shepherd’s Pie first during lunch time at Thanet Primary School before he refused.

She claims she only found out the truth after the story broke when her son’s headteacher wrote her a letter.

The head said Stacy ‘knew full well’ Jayden had been offered Shepherd’s Pie first when she decided to go to the press.

Stacy maintains that she was not told this by anyone at the school before the letter came on Monday.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Making up lies about the length of my son's poos to get him respect on the playground and definitely not be called Long Pooden for the next four years.

Jakabite posted:

any person who’s grown up in prison would do upon meeting the guards and their families.
"How about a photo for the guards Johnny?"

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

They gave the kid a meal, idk are they supposed to do forced-feeding if he refuses to eat? Surely that will only prolong his dirty protests

Prior to to the article posted above, I’d have said yes but children can be weird about food and the correct answer to ‘I don’t like that food though’ isn’t ‘well starve then’. Now my answers the same cos shepherds pie is rubbish.

Re: I/P, i know, it’s just so depressing. I take some solace in the fact it doesn’t really see my to cut through to anyone I know.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

lol it's the 4th anniversary of long poo boy and it was reposted today by an account with nearly 2 million followers.

I bet the lad is having a great day.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

lmao, I didn't even check the date when I posted it. Poor kid :allears:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Decided to get the team into Manchester center and moderately astonished at the notion of a cool form of transit that doesn't stop at 5pm

Hoping to see the people's history museum

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jakabite posted:

To be honest I’m finding the Israel Palestine thing enormously frustrating. What the gently caress do you think people do when you deny them basic human rights and space to live for generations? They certainly shouldn’t massacre civilians but you can’t be shocked when they do and I don’t see why everyone on the telly is pretending this is in any way not the exact same thing any person who’s grown up in prison would do upon meeting the guards and their families.

There was a quote on today's Chapo from journo Mohammad Alsaafin that I thought was bonkers:

quote:

"One thing that stood out to me, watching some of the footage the Hamas fighters filmed of themselves is that- I think a lot of people don't comprehend this- as much as Israel controls every aspect of, I think, Gaza, most people in Gaza have never seen an Israeli. Right? That's something crazy to think about. When we think about dystopian future where we're talking about people being warehoused or ghettoized. You know?

We're talking about an entire generation of people who only know Israel through airstrikes, through the limitations on their physical freedom at the borders, sniper fire, and the fact that whether they get sick, whether they can't get a job, whether they can't go abroad to get an education. All of that is determined by a faceless bureaucrat behind a high-tech fence.

And so, these fighters who entered the Israeli military bases and killed Israeli soldiers and then moved onto Israeli towns, and then were interacting with Israelis in their homes, this genuinely was the first time they'd seen an Israeli, you know? It's absolutely mind-blowing to think about."

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Decided to get the team into Manchester center and moderately astonished at the notion of a cool form of transit that doesn't stop at 5pm

Hoping to see the people's history museum

It’s good OP, you’ll enjoy it. Let me know if you’d like any recs for food and drink in the area, or other fun things (there’s an Engels statue that’s quite cool that might be a suitable thematic expedition).

^^^^^that is nuts and not something I’d ever considered

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

Prior to to the article posted above, I’d have said yes but children can be weird about food and the correct answer to ‘I don’t like that food though’ isn’t ‘well starve then’. Now my answers the same cos shepherds pie is rubbish.

I'm still going to say force-feeding kids is actually the wrong answer because I'm not a complete maniac :shrug:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Big statue is big.

There's also bee statues and an Alan Turing memorial.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I don't get the glitter thing. For so many people, getting glitter chucked on them would be a good thing. At the very least it's not a big deal.
I was thinking about this and it's not that dumb. Anyone trying to watch a clip is going to be wondering why Starmer is covered in glitter, so any news covering it is going to have to include the clip of it being thrown, Starmer rebooting, and the guy shouting his manifesto (or at least that seems to have been his intent before being tackled).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
But also, I visited both the Engels statue and the People's History Museum a couple months ago and they were booth very cool.

The museum was a little pokey, but the union banners display was class. (Was cool seeing the blessing of the banners parade in Ken Loachs new film as well).

The statue I just stumbled across because we were going to a play in that nice theatre space right next to it (to see a pretty cool musical called The Faggots and Their Friends Between Wartime)

The science museum was a load of crap though.

Overall- Manchester cool, much better than London in many ways

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I was supposed to be up in Manchester tomorrow for a work thing but turns out the world hates me and I’m ill. Nice being able to wfh but was looking forward to a day out tbh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm hopefully going there again in a few days time and will take some time out to appreciate bees and statues of people who aren't the usual genocide men.

I still need to see the Henrietta Lacks statue in Bristol, which was installed as a direct reaction to the handwringing about the racism man statue that got removed by being chucked in the proper channel.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm still going to say force-feeding kids is actually the wrong answer because I'm not a complete maniac :shrug:

I was going to suggest provisioning some other food, not forcing the tuna down the boy’s gullet.

Hang on have I just missed a joke

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Manchester museum has an excellent display of (live) frogs and toads and is thus superior to almost all other museums.

https://www.museum.manchester.ac.uk/collections/vivarium/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I still need to see the Henrietta Lacks statue in Bristol, which was installed as a direct reaction to the handwringing about the racism man statue that got removed by being chucked in the proper channel.

That’s cool, if a somewhat random choice for Bristol. No Black UK women to make a statue of? Still, one statue is better than no statues.

I worked with HeLa cells when I was a cell biologist. Those things are a mess. Poor her :(