Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cookie Cutter posted:

This is part of why I'm thinking about getting out in the next few years

and going where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What Israel fails to realize is bombing Gaza down to rubble will make any future ground invasion an absolute blood bath.

I mean they already struggled in their first occupation attempt. Doing so in a Stalingrad level rubble field will be tough especially since the IDF is a lot weaker than people think when the enemy is not an unarmed child.

But inshallah that the syrians and Lebanese liberate Jerusalem before then

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Hatebag posted:

the us has had such plans since the 60s and likely earlier
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_84

there's continuity of government plans to round up people in the event of mass unrest but that mass unrest would require people to be connected to one another and empathetic. so it seems the strategy is simply to make everyone an atomized little weirdo that hates and fears everyone around them and that way they don't have to send a few percent of the population to concentration camps because that would affect the economy

sweden had plans to round up lefties during ww2, so uh, wonder which side the swedish elites were planning on joining

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
NYT: US has collected multiple pieces of intelligence that show that key Iranian leaders were surprised by the Hamas attack in Israel, information that has fueled U.S. doubts that Iran played a direct role in planning the assault, according to several American officials

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

err posted:

NYT: US has collected multiple pieces of intelligence that show that key Iranian leaders were surprised by the Hamas attack in Israel, information that has fueled U.S. doubts that Iran played a direct role in planning the assault, according to several American officials

"bomb them anyway" - Lindsey Graham

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Hatebag posted:

settler-involved shooting

Settler
Involved
Defensive
Shooting

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

and going where?

Still workshopping that part

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Nix Panicus posted:

Considering Israel has universal conscription I dont think there are any civilian adults, except the religious extremists who don't serve and the conscientious objectors who served prison time for it.

So I guess its bad for conscientious objectors and children to die, and I feel very bad for those caught up as collateral damage in this war that is 100% Israel's fault due to their years of unbearable inhumane oppression

Every drop of blood is on Israel's hands, no exceptions.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people who just dodge the draft by pretending to be suicidal or something rather then refusers that go to jail, as well as people who get discharged on legitimate grounds like medical issues. I can't remember where I saw this statistic so I might be completely wrong but I remember seeing at some point that only about 60-70 percent of adults actually end up in the IDF nowadays.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
lol i just had "LifeLog" flash in my brain again

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Foreign nazi terrorists from peru flying to fight for ethnic cleansing, all israelis and their supporters all around the world are nazi animals and should be treated as such, these animals are not your friends. If you know anyone who is like this treat them with the contempt they deserve.
https://twitter.com/tounsiahourra/status/1712101488770613577?s=20

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Oct 11, 2023

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I do not believe that Israel wants to have a permanent ground occupation in Gaza. That wasn't sustainable for them in the 90s and early 2000s and I doubt it is now.

Hahahhahahahhahshhah

Hahahhahah

Hahahahhah

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

i am harry posted:

I wonder how many israeli flags will be put out alongside the ukrainian flags in americans front lawns

right next to the "in this house we believe the SCIENCE and that black lives MATTER!" signs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
there's gonna be a bunch of 'infiltrators' bodies that are going to end up being identified as local villagers

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

They won't have to "occupy" a thing if they kill or expel all the Palestinians

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

err posted:

spacemang_spliff posted:

"bomb them anyway" - Lindsey Graham

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Flutch posted:

This has all done a huge number on my mental health since Saturday and I’ve been trying to stay as disconnected from social and mainstream media as possible. I just want to say a sincere and deep thank you to all in this thread for making me feel less alone and for providing such a strong community and resource. I’d be flailing and hosed so much worse rn without this thread. Really, thank you. Dti and free palestine.

Cheers Flutch. May the struggle for liberation be an inspiration for us all.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

I do not believe that Israel wants to have a permanent ground occupation in Gaza. That wasn't sustainable for them in the 90s and early 2000s and I doubt it is now.

they've been annexing poo poo for years why not Gaza?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

evilmiera posted:

Yeah, lots of people are talking like they are going to join in but then more or less nothing happens.

evilmiera posted:

Oh they'll accept them alright, then immediately reroute them to parts unknown.

evilmiera posted:

Several other countries have already done similar things in the past.

:gb2gbs:

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

fits my needs posted:

there's gonna be a bunch of 'infiltrators' bodies that are going to end up being identified as local villagers

and a bunch of "civillian" deaths that were actually settlers/soliders killed by the IDF

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

mcmagic posted:

countries do stupid insane poo poo all the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people who just dodge the draft by pretending to be suicidal or something rather then refusers that go to jail, as well as people who get discharged on legitimate grounds like medical issues. I can't remember where I saw this statistic so I might be completely wrong but I remember seeing at some point that only about 60-70 percent of adults actually end up in the IDF nowadays.

70% is an absolutely gently caress load lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

only the vast majority of people you ever interact with on a day to day basis spent 3 years of their lives murdering the Palestinians we keep in a cage along our border. Some of them do feel sad about it tho tbh tbh.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Hatebag posted:

settler-involved shooting

bullet-related injury

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

In Training posted:

70% is an absolutely gently caress load lol

Again, take that stat with a big grain of salt because I don't remember where it's from and which portions of the Israeli populations it includes/excludes if it's true.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

In Training posted:

only the vast majority of people you ever interact with on a day to day basis spent 3 years of their lives murdering the Palestinians we keep in a cage along our border. Some of them do feel sad about it tho tbh tbh.

This is why we rave #resist

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/gazaheart/status/1712030348945870870?s=20

https://twitter.com/asadabukhalil/status/1712118569901891669?s=20

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
lol wrong post quoted

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mcmagic posted:

really following up yesterday's performance mcmagic

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Zodium posted:

been asking which of the three possible outcomes people think we should support, and now my group chats are just people typing up and deleting messages.

what are the three possible outcomes

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Zodium posted:

been asking which of the three possible outcomes people think we should support, and now my group chats are just people typing up and deleting messages.

lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

Trying to explain to people that Appalachia and even the midwest once had vibrant leftist communities is just met with staring disbelief these days

My fav part of the biography The Powerbrokwr was Caro just listing for a couple pages farmers in the mid-west loving up judges, tax collectors, and landlords and wannabe landlords in the depths of the Depression, with the fairly clear suggestion that we were a few bad weeks from them burning down DC.

FDR's New Deal was an emergency lever to prevent this, and even then business leaders and conservatives and alot of liberals fought against it, stupidly

ReliableSand
Apr 28, 2008
Randomly remembered that part in World War Z where Israel opens their borders to Palestinian citizens ahead of the zombie outbreak and briefly marveling at Max Brook’s projection of Israel as a sane, sophisticated, and altruistic nation.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Poppers posted:

This is why we rave #resist

Still reeling from that. Legitimately what the gently caress were the event organizers thinking putting the rave 3 miles from gaza. Holy gently caress.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

1, 2, and 4 :D

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Zodium posted:

i'm behind: what three outcomes? the only one i see happening is israel killing/evicting the rest of the palestinians.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Sancho Banana posted:

Still reeling from that. Legitimately what the gently caress were the event organizers thinking putting the rave 3 miles from gaza. Holy gently caress.

they wanted tel Aviv rubes to pay them money

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

mcmagic posted:

This is their biggest opportunity to end things. The West gave consent to continue their genocide.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

Mr. Nice! posted:

i'm behind: what three outcomes? the only one i see happening is israel killing/evicting the rest of the palestinians.

Zodium posted:

that's right.

the possible outcomes seem to be:
- no out way is found, and israel genocides the palestinians.
- some way out is found, and israel ethnically cleanses palestine.
- israel is defeated and apartheid is ended by force of arms.

the core's material support for the former two outcomes and visceral opposition to the third is, at this point, essentially indistinguishable from nazism.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Mr. Nice! posted:

1. Israel genocides Gaza.
2. Israel ethnically cleanses Gaza by evicting everyone to Egypt.
3. dti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

firefight happening in ashkelon