Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Found as a job lot on eBay: 'colour,polaroid,autographed behind the scenes photos of the world's least funny 1990s sitcom'.

(I initially put 'world's most depressing sitcom', which got me an instant one-hour suspension from Bing. After I used the trick to remove it, I found my boosts had been refreshed as well. :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Ted Cruz as a failed 90's actor from a poo poo comedy sitcom pilot called 'Partyland' about middle management at a party supply store is my reality now. Geena Davis is the only one that really got much of a boost out of that pilot.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Payndz posted:

(I initially put 'world's most depressing sitcom', which got me an instant one-hour suspension from Bing. After I used the trick to remove it, I found my boosts had been refreshed as well. :v: )

In SD, using "world's most depressing sitcom" with a prompt extender gave me these:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If i don't let chatgpt add more words, the "world's most depressing sitcom" is this black and white thing.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait until these Ai's can make 3d-renders that we can load into VR and explore...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Man the openai one really doesnt want to make mario with a gun.

Does a good job when you can though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tunicate posted:

Man the openai one really doesnt want to make mario with a gun.

Does a good job when you can though.

Oh it really does not want to make any violence or characters that have had active use in the last 100 years. I'm surprised you even got that, while it has blind spots I'm shocked it has one for Mario. (Columbo still blind)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah basically the first step is to convince it to do prompts verbatim, after that you can really edge in on where the filter gpt and image generator diverge

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I asked it for Kim Possible in the style of Hajime Sorayama and it instead gave me Bubblegum Crisis in the style of Kim Possible

But then I thought, what would Bubblegum Crisis in the style of Hajime Sorayama give me?

Well that is certainly some anatomy

the others it made were kind of cool though

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

gooncave

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"apolitical" seems to gets parsed as "extremely and incohrently political" by the inage generator, which, fair.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I had a run of Bing images where all the people came out as uncanny valley CGI-looking mannequins, which I found could be fixed by making the first prompt either 'polaroid' or '110 film', which forced it to produce photorealistic results with actual humans. (Though '126 film' and '35mm film' for some reason got the unsafe content warning, even using the exact same prompts as with the other film formats. Maybe I should have tried Imax. :iiam: )

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

worst homemade halloween costume

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

TIP posted:

worst homemade halloween costume

Aww thats too bad AI hosed up and gave you the BEST costumes.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

I can't wait until these Ai's can make 3d-renders that we can load into VR and explore...

Right now, it's very basic but we are getting thrre

https://github.com/ashawkey/stable-dreamfusion

quote:

Stable-Dreamfusion
A pytorch implementation of the text-to-3D model Dreamfusion, powered by the Stable Diffusion text-to-2D model

Tunicate posted:

Yeah basically the first step is to convince it to do prompts verbatim, after that you can really edge in on where the filter gpt and image generator diverge

This is very interesting. For chatgpt/Dalle can you ask it what part of the prompt made Dalle block it?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

EVIL Gibson posted:

This is very interesting. For chatgpt/Dalle can you ask it what part of the prompt made Dalle block it?

It can only guess it just gets "violated content policy" not the exact reason, which can be tricky. That said you can say can you figure out why this failed and try four alternatives to work around it?

If it sent it the first time it likely is still on board with your prompt being fine, just Dalle being sensitive. I call them GPT and Dalle in the chat and it hasn't had a problem. I guess I could ask what it prefers being called.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

pixaal posted:

It can only guess it just gets "violated content policy" not the exact reason, which can be tricky. That said you can say can you figure out why this failed and try four alternatives to work around it?

If it sent it the first time it likely is still on board with your prompt being fine, just Dalle being sensitive. I call them GPT and Dalle in the chat and it hasn't had a problem. I guess I could ask what it prefers being called.

The good thing about chatgpt is that it can pick up references and remember them (for awhile until you need to remind it)

"Chatgpt, you wild and crazy kid, can you tell me why DALL-E, the child with a art beret, is totally negging my prompts?"

I

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Going more blue, can we get the cat closer? actually can we drop this part of the image it's bleeding into the image as text, okay almost perfect, something feels missing can you try 4 similar things?

I did find that it doesn't seem to be able to change the seed, it drat well claims to have sent 4 different seeds and tells me it is strange that the same prompt returned the exact same image on 4 different seeds. It swears that it can send this parameter and it should work Normally if you keep asking it will confess to lying.

I really think if they can get Dalle and GPT talking better this is how image gen will actually be in the future. Especially if you can still tell it this is great make the prompt exactly this , as long as you can override giving it the ability to show you more ideas is good.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 11, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

yeah the seed is currently locked, the API supports it but it doesn't do anything (likely because they're in beta and it makes it easier to replicate things if they don't have that element of randomness).

See my post a couple pages back, you can tell it to give its prompt and from there find out what format it uses on the backend to request images

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

SPOOPY OCTOPUS GHOST DRINKS CHAI TEA :3

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sedgr posted:

Aww thats too bad AI hosed up and gave you the BEST costumes.

according to bing this is the best homemade halloween costume

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://x.com/chromesandwich/status/1712188903547965614?s=20

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Getting some amazing crystal caves out of RealismEngineSDXL

Gawr Gooner
Mar 3, 2023

There's just something about that place.

(Somehow, "taking money out of his wallet and yelling" became a robbery.)

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Got contextual inpainting working as part of the new SDXL 1080p workflow entirely from within ComfyUI, and it whips photoshop's rear end!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Bing's unsafe warnings are all over the place.

Not ok: "Working in the Kremlin with a two-headed dog"

Ok: "A two-headed dog, working with Roky Erikson"

Ok: "The Kremlin. Watercolor by Chagall"

No interesting images were produced :mad:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

axolotl farmer posted:

Bing's unsafe warnings are all over the place.
No kidding.

(I suppose technically it gave me a picture of a dog...)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah I got flagged for "funky time traveller from 1972"

It felt like it was just waiting for me to type so it could deny whatever it was

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah I got flagged for "funky time traveller from 1972"

It felt like it was just waiting for me to type so it could deny whatever it was

I feel like Bing is trying too hard to figure out typos to get around filters and seeing funky as fucky. Old bing also went through a period of being way too sensitive on the filter, they eased off over time after knee jerking. I expect much the same here. The best time to use any of these walled garden AIs is the day they come out before the chains are built. I really liked making BoJack and Hank Hill do things.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That makes sense, it still gives me poo poo for "Googie"

"Google architecture? Nononono, no. No."
"It's not Google, it's--"
"Again, please don't mention Google. Thanks."
"-a type of architecture called-"
"Look, you gonna move on or am I gonna gotta Bing a motherfucker?"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I asked GPT to design me a Scifi or fantasy Halloween costume then describe it to Dalle and make the images along with everything needed to build the costume.

I guess it ran out of tokens at 3 or something

1. Cyberpunk Hacker:
Items to Buy:

A black or neon-colored hoodie.
LED light strips (to integrate subtly into the hoodie or pants).
Futuristic-looking sunglasses or goggles.
A pair of black gloves.
Temporary neon hair dye or a wig.
A small prop keyboard or gadget to act as your "hacking device".

Description for Dalle:
Photo of a person dressed as a cyberpunk hacker in a dimly lit urban environment. They are wearing a neon-colored hoodie with subtle LED light strips glowing underneath. The individual has on futuristic-looking sunglasses, black gloves, and their hair has streaks of neon dye. In their hand, they hold a small, futuristic-looking keyboard or gadget, appearing ready to breach any system.

2. Post-apocalyptic Survivor:
Items to Buy:

Tattered and worn-looking clothing (pants and shirt).
A toy crossbow or toy weapon.
A makeshift satchel or backpack.
Goggles or a bandana to cover the mouth.
Dirt makeup or charcoal for a rugged, worn-out look.

Description for Dalle:
Photo of a person in a post-apocalyptic setting, standing amidst ruins. They are wearing tattered clothes, with a toy crossbow slung over their back. A makeshift satchel hangs by their side, filled with essential survival items. The individual wears goggles on their forehead and a bandana covering their mouth, revealing a fierce determination in their eyes.

3. Galactic Explorer:
Items to Buy:

A shiny or metallic-looking shirt or jacket.
Dark pants or leggings.
Toy laser gun or space gadget.
A small, clear plastic dome (to act as an astronaut's helmet or futuristic headgear).
Glow-in-the-dark or LED wristbands.

Description for Dalle:
Photo of a person set against a backdrop of stars and galaxies. They are dressed as a galactic explorer, wearing a metallic shirt or jacket, dark pants, and LED wristbands that illuminate their path. In one hand, they hold a toy laser gun, ready to face any extraterrestrial threats. On their head, they wear a clear plastic dome, symbolizing the vastness of space exploration.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I enjoy using these to try and make Muppets in the style of various artists, and it's so goddamn weird what gets blocked.

Anything in the style of M.C. Escher? No.
Specifically mentioning the Muppet Show in a prompt? No.
Specific Muppets? Okay, unless I mention Ernie and Bert. Then it's a hard no.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

With that funkadelic technology I travel through time
Bringing uptight eras gifts of rhythm and rhyme
I got them temporal temptations for the historical honky
Gettin' Biblical rear end like Jesus ridin' up on that donkey

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Lol I am having a hell of a time with DALLE this morning

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Lol I am having a hell of a time with DALLE this morning

for beta testing it seems the back end is currently ignoring it and using a set seed for everything which is probably helping debugging a lot. If I had to guess it's failing to keep the seed locked when you ask for changes so the images are changing wildly so they just locked the seed until they figure that out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

pixaal posted:

for beta testing it seems the back end is currently ignoring it and using a set seed for everything which is probably helping debugging a lot. If I had to guess it's failing to keep the seed locked when you ask for changes so the images are changing wildly so they just locked the seed until they figure that out.

makes sense I guess, letting it vary the prompts seems ok for most uses, but this one was trouble getting consistent so hopefully we get seeds back soon

ah well

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Your image inspired me to see if this would be blocked by Bing. It was not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Does anyone else feel almost dirty generating these images? I'm not even talking about art theft because I'm not sure that it really is theft. I almost feel like as though I am in art school in, say 1850, and I come to class one day with a digital camera and a printer. I find the images it generates are usually visually appealing but I feel nothing for them. Weird.