Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
The IDF has been on slowmode for 5 days, this is thematically appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

dti
dta
dtsm

Do we have any reliable figures for both countries on the proportion of deaths that are civilians and military?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What Israel fails to realize is bombing Gaza down to rubble will make any future ground invasion an absolute blood bath.

I mean they already struggled in their first occupation attempt. Doing so in a Stalingrad level rubble field will be tough especially since the IDF is a lot weaker than people think when the enemy is not an unarmed child.

But inshallah that the syrians and Lebanese liberate Jerusalem before then

I have been swung by the articles in professional circles saying Israel is in a blind panic trying to reestablish deterrence because their military myths were shattered in an afternoon. That’s why they’re bombing Lebanon, threatening Syria, bombing the border with Egypt, an American carrier group (minimum, expect more) is on the way.

They are very, very scared and need to go all out for a domestic, and international audience. The all-out hamfisted propaganda push, drip feeding casualties, frankly insane rhetoric from senior officials is not coming from a place of strength but from basically paralysis and terror.

Why bomb? The IAF is the only part of the military whose aura and capabilities offer any deterrence value right now. The government needs to DO SOMETHING and the only part of it that can, without further destabilizing their situation, is the Air Force.

The Army is out because if they rushed a column of troops in, they may not be massacred, but they would have a bad time which Israel cannot afford. They could not have their retaliation come with dozens, maybe hundreds of more casualties. They also don’t have the 155mm stores to flatten Gaza and restore that deterrence with the West Bank and Hezbollah and Syria.

The Navy is out because a few 76mm guns banging away was not going to look good enough domestically and internationally, and probably they are concerned about Hezbollah SSMs to a degree after a corvette was hit some years ago.

The air force is using massive bombs for spectacular (as in visual spectacle) effect, saving the munitions they’d need to fight a real war - missiles, CBUs, that sort of thing. They have 2000lb bombs so they are using them in a punitive, militarily ineffectual fashion, deliberately targeting civilian targets because they need to reestablish that mystique.

I would compare it, at the wing ordnance officer level, to the US using stocks of WW2 bombs to carpet areas of Vietnam whenever they needed to make a show of force, while the new Mk 8X bombs were reserved for striking actual targets. B52s still carry M1117 bombs that the rest of the USAF has retired just in case they need to carpet bomb something. They make big explosions and demolish civilian structures and my read is that is all Israel cares about right now.

Similarly, firing gun-delivered WP into an unobserved area, not masking friendly troops with smoke has literally zero military value. It’s worthless. However it keeps Israel’s stocks of HE and DPICM untouched in case they do need to fight in Golan or whatever, is terrifying, looks spectacular on camera and shows that they are doing something.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Death By The Blues posted:

lot of fog war but whatever is happening appears to be big

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712140137805623577

I swear Tet comes earlier every year.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

actionjackson posted:

those are civilians bro

The Palestinian victims, yeah. Most Israeli adults have either served in the IDF, the force responsible for the genocidal oppression of the Palestinian people, or were exempted for religious reasons and merely advocated for the genocide of Palestinians on religious grounds. Israel has the least sympathetic adult population on Earth

E: Further, the IDF is handing out rifles to settlers just in case the people whose homes they stole get any ideas. Theres no real clear distinction between military and not military for Israeli adults. Theyre forming militias and activating reservists

And, in any event, everything that is happening is fully Israel's fault

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 17:32 on Oct 11, 2023

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Look at the happy frog go! Lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Dude don't make it easy for them

al-saqr should have probe immunity during an intifada

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Poppers posted:

he does seem like he's having a good time

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Poppers posted:

dumb

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

banning twitter embeds is also real dumb cuz like... people can just copy-paste the text? people can take a screenshot of the tweet?

There’s some posters that hate twitter embeds so always latch on to complain about it just like there are some posters that desperately want to know who is purchasing their red texts so never miss an opportunity to turn an argument in to being about how important it is that they are able to discover that.

More importantly though, page 525 of this thread causes the iOS app to shut down. What horrors are on page 525?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:kstare:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

banning twitter embeds is also real dumb cuz like... people can just copy-paste the text? people can take a screenshot of the tweet?

i guess i will just have to type out what i see on al jazeera or something

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Thoguh posted:

More importantly though, page 525 of this thread causes the iOS app to shut down. What horrors are on page 525?

oh good its not just me

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Al-Saqr posted:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Poppers posted:

lol did you draw him? cute!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Poppers posted:

don’t pair this 4chan bullshit with palestine

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

alarumklok posted:

<middle eastern person is happy that progress against apartheid is being made>

SAD: time to cleanse the forums...

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Poppers posted:

stfu

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
525 is like 26 twitter embeds and some broken YouTube links

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

alarumklok posted:

well he didn't get probed

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Hell ya brother

Edit free my man gently caress the admins

Oglethorpe posted:

<middle eastern person is happy that progress against apartheid is being made>

SAD: time to cleanse the forums...

paul_soccer12 has issued a correction as of 17:32 on Oct 11, 2023

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Poppers posted:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Sancho Banana posted:

So have the frog men decided that out of jews and arabs, they hate the jews slightly more?

is it that or is that just what the MiC or some other well funded quasi state entity somewhere wants you to think lol

everything is so stupid now.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i still feel bad for matt furie, terrible posters of every stripe coopting his work

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
free al-saqr

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

paul_soccer12 posted:

Hell ya brother

he’s gone, the admins are cowards

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
pepe belongs to everyone, you are thinking of groyper

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Al-Saqr posted:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Al-Saqr posted:

FREE AL-SAQR

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Haha, I like how they lump "bloodlust" in with racism and posting snuff. What is the appropriate reaction to an ongoing genocide they're currently in the process of revving up McCarthyism part II over if not bloodlust

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

:rip: Al-Saqr

paraglided too close to the sun

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

The Palestinian victims, yeah. Most Israeli adults have either served in the IDF, the force responsible for the genocidal oppression of the Palestinian people, or were exempted for religious reasons and merely advocated for the genocide of Palestinians on religious grounds. Israel has the least sympathetic adult population on Earth

E: Further, the IDF is handing out rifles to settlers just in case the people whose homes they stole get any ideas. Theres no real clear distinction between military and not military for Israeli adults. Theyre forming militias and activating reservists

And, in any event, everything that is happening is fully Israel's fault

amazing how you know the full bios of everyone in the video. pretty sure military service is mandatory in Isreal anyway so eh

gently caress israel tho

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

fanfic insert posted:

free al-saqr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They had pretty much annexed Gaza and they weren't able to sustain it which is why they left 16 years ago. Doing permanent counterinsurgency in a place like Gaza is just not even in the same universe as what they are doing in the West Bank. I don't think it's comparable.

Are you loving dense? They are shutting off life sustaining services to drive the Palestinians out. They will not be allowed to return.

Remember to drink your Oalestine

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Oct 11, 2023