Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
+25% rate of fire and -10% damage
+10% damage and -25% rate of fire

But it makes the gun sound weird as HELL. I'm into it.

(also Breakneck is coming back next season which is almost literally Desperagio already)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Adagio is +30% damage, +10 Range, and 1.2x Fire Rate. Desperado is just 0.7x fire rate.

That would actually kinda kick rear end, honestly.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh nobody has the d2compendium on speed dial more than I do. I was just imagining a gun where the kills don't actually change it but the sound effect becomes more and more hosed up!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(also Breakneck is coming back next season which is almost literally Desperagio already)

Source? I've been screaming for them to either bring my boy back or put Onslaught on something new.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

T1g4h posted:

Source? I've been screaming for them to either bring my boy back or put Onslaught on something new.

The lore tab for Load Question (Adept) is grabbing the wrong item!

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

don't-give-me-hope.jpg

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh nobody has the d2compendium on speed dial more than I do. I was just imagining a gun where the kills don't actually change it but the sound effect becomes more and more hosed up!

Make this an origin trait already Bungie. For an event weapon origin trait that'd be so lovely.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think this is a pretty old bug?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

Make this an origin trait already Bungie. For an event weapon origin trait that'd be so lovely.

should be the festival of the lost perk tbh. it's spooktober, make the guns sound scary.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kith posted:

should be the festival of the lost perk tbh. it's spooktober, make the guns sound scary.

Ah, the "Riven of Ten Thousand Voices" bug

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I still have my Mechabre. Not because it's amazing for stats or perks, but it sounds awesome. And that's a better reason to keep it over, like, another HC but it has 5 more range and rolls KC instead of MKC.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still have my lovely paper Rahool mask in the vault lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The moon weapons still have my favorite sounds, all of them sound like they're screaming

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yesssss

https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1712510655721517528

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Putting it next to my laser tag emblem

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

haveblue posted:

The moon weapons still have my favorite sounds, all of them sound like they're screaming

Loud Lullaby is the best sounding weapon in the game IMO. Sounds like driving an iron nail through a nightmare.

Those models were wasted as reskins for Neomuna.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I miss the D1 iron banner weapons, they had a lovely metallic thunk to them, especially the scout.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
While I do like this season, I want it to be over so I can use the Thorn catalyst.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TWAB

If I read it right, anyone who's been unable to get the new exotics from legend lost sectors / vex incursion can get them from halloween focussing:

quote:

Players will not need to have acquired the Exotic armor previously for it to be eligible to drop from Hocus Focusing.

This means players who are still missing Exotic armor will have a chance to earn it from Hocus Focusing.
Also from next season on, all exotic sparrows will be as fast as Always on Time. No mention if the others get the reduced aggro as well.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

From the list it looks like the Lightfall exotics aren't in the pool, but it's still possibly a nice way to catch up.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
An all-black shader at long last, but it can only go on weapons and is a memento that you can hold 1x of and can only earn during Halloween

That's not just a monkey paw, that's Furious George delivering a beatdown with no boxing gloves on

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm gonna put that memento on all the guns I don't use much :cool:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I put Trials mementos in my funny guns lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I love how all the mementos without exception are completely hideous

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I never got one :smith:.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Gambit memento has bright green snake skin tho. It's easily the best/worst one. I've put it on multiple weapons. I don't think I've ever *used* it but it's there.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

TWAB

If I read it right, anyone who's been unable to get the new exotics from legend lost sectors / vex incursion can get them from halloween focussing:

Also from next season on, all exotic sparrows will be as fast as Always on Time. No mention if the others get the reduced aggro as well.

I just got Always On Time yesterday. :livintrope:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
AOT will still presumably have the extra boost charges and the unique fallen-shoot-you-less perk that makes it the pick for Grasp's sparrow run, but it'll be great to not see it everywhere pulling ahead of everyone else in the strike finally

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess I don't have to grind those spoils after all

Lol got shown Root of Nightmares. Cool looking raid, super short though. I got two helmets and two chestplates out of it. Love that you can get dupes instantly. Also did Vox Obscura first time ever today, chose to do it solo. That was easy as hell lmao, cool though. Loved hearing the D1 music again

Out of curiosity have the Nine been in the plot at all since Prophecy or did they kind of just get written out

e: Ugh, is there a reason I keep bouncing harmlessly off everyone in pvp today? Also got a lol out of dying five times in a row the second I spawned with the TWID mentioning fixing spawns. I'm sure they'll get it right this time - they've only been trying since Halo 2 :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 13, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Haven't seen it mentioned but the last card is available and it opens the final test in the imbaru engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ozs_xRKQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjVIWYPIto

Also the final lore tab in the Rites of Passage book with Saint-14 killing Savathûn over and over without even letting her get a word in loving rules.

E: also also is there a shader on rank 2 of the iron banner track and is it worth grinding for?

According to collections a tartan shader exists this season, is that it?

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 14, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally got around to trying out banner of war and lol

lmao

Guess I'm immortal now. Getting closer to flawless Grasp with it and tractor cannon, I've shut that stupid ogre down hard.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Should have funny gunned it like the rest of us(not me)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

omg chael crash posted:

Should have funny gunned it like the rest of us(not me)

I should've but I did other stuff with them instead lol

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: also also is there a shader on rank 2 of the iron banner track and is it worth grinding for?

According to collections a tartan shader exists this season, is that it?

It's not the tartan shader, unfortunately. Look for Dragon's Teeth under the activities tab in collections. Personally, I think it's kinda blah compared to the last few IB shaders.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got my flawless Grasp run :toot:

Banner of War, Synthoceps and Tractor Cannon are pretty busted. It's even more busted with a pair of Welllocks with Laments - we one rounded both bosses lmao. Only mishap was getting yeeted off a cliff by the ogre on accident the first try, second try was perfect. No issues with the sparrows either. It's amazing how much mileage I got out of the 30th Anniversary Pack.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Grasp is an objectively good dungeon.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yes

Though the Fallen Shield section is kinda boring

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's a neat mechanic, but it overstays its welcome just a bit too long.

I feel like every dungeon has at least one of those sections.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's a handful of encounters in Destiny 2 endgame that go into "yeah, I get it." territory where the mechanic itself is entirely fine, but it overstays its welcome by like two or three rounds.

Crown of Sorrow opening is the main culprit I always think of for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The Vow opening and the Prophecy cube room also come to mind.

eta: Vow jumping puzzle and Ghosts opening and underwater sections too