Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wow,war? wow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

two words I've barely heard the last couple days: Iron Dome

what's up with that?

It didn't work op

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

ben shapino posted:

30 days isn't enough imo
the imams say that he who has done even an atom of good will see paradise, and yea, even those who have never done any good at all will be gathered into Allahs embrace ere the end
one day all of hell will be emptied and it’s shutters and doors will rattle in the wind… except for those who denounced Al- Saqr. for their suffering will be truly eternal

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

:rip: Al-Saqr

paraglided too close to the sun

Excuse me. Sir? It's not paraglided. It's paraglode.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

sad thread proving imp zone posters should really stick to just posting lmao and empty quoting

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Death of Innocence posted:

Who needs a forum dedicated to whining about the Something Awful forums?
its a forum for mentally ill adults. its a forum I would have thought was cool when I was 16.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

what's up with that?

Palestine, through the help of iran, figured out that shooting more rockets than the system can intercept is its Achilles heel

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr. Killjoy posted:

what's up with that?

Because its an MIC grift sink thats only good at stopping piss powered rockets

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

They overwhelmed it in like 10 minutes and it ran out of ammo.

just like something awful mods

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

what's up with that?

They shot an unsporting amount of rockets. Very unfair.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Death of Innocence posted:

SAD serves no purpose. Who needs a forum dedicated to whining about the Something Awful forums? All SAD has ever accomplished is to give a platform and censorship power to people in favor of mass death and genocide. SAD must be closed and all SAD posters permabanned.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-10-11-23#h_891169676d51878ad327343d2f945bf9

quote:

Talks underway to allow US citizens and Palestinians to leave Gaza, Israeli official says

Talks are underway to allow United States and Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip to exit the territory into Egypt ahead of any land invasion of the territory by Israeli forces, according to a senior Israeli official.

Under the proposal being discussed, all US citizens would be permitted to pass through the Rafah border crossing if they present their US passports, while the movement of other Palestinian civilians would be limited to 2,000 people a day, the official with knowledge of the negotiations told CNN on Wednesday.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/radishharmers/status/1712158219890475156?s=46&t=mzWS2vgSInnU9jlt8C3n_Q

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

oh well then it should only take three or four years to get them all out

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

oh cool so they only need 2.5 years to get all the civilians out

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The us making sure us citizens get out feels very foreshadowing horrors.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

lol loving demons

they know exactly what they are trying to steer events towards and they are embracing it

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Theyre gonna move out a few embedded collaborators and then shut the program down

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Dutch state media reporting on Gaza:
"Without electricity and water, life goes on"

I'm out

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Dr. Killjoy posted:

what's up with that?

You must not be on the Appropriations Committee.

https://twitter.com/MessengerPol/status/1712069008759963712

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
america is about to facilitate yet another ethnic cleansing but it's very undecorous to point this out as doing so is offensive to centrists liberals reddtiors and people who have 30k posts in video game forums

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
we have reached a deal with the israeli government that allows all palestinians access to ethnic cleansing

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Seems inefficient, I would simply not endorse the Israelis doing a genocide on Gaza in the first place

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
no water, no food, no shelter... BUT have you considered they still have clothes?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

There was also something about cracking down on pro-Palestinian demonstrations and rhetoric on college campuses, which bodes well for the pro-Israel effort, of course.

e: Also nthing the very simple idea that if you're from another part of the forum and don't like the content of this thread....just don't read it. Close the tab, go about your day. Is that really so hard?

Mia Khalifa was the first to get cancelled by Playboy.

Nix Panicus posted:

My heart sincerely goes out to any conscientious objectors who have died or been injured in this war. It takes a lot of strength of character to stand up and say no to service and accept the punishment that comes along with it.

Everyone else though, gently caress em. This is the flipside of sniping kids with rocks. In Israel its a reasonable assumption that any adult is either IDF or a reservist, and its not like Israel is currently making any distinction between children and adults. Or ever made that distinction really.

I still think of @tayswayupdates and how they bravely refused service and continued posting in prison.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Iron Dome thing would be like the British trying to fight the real deal IRA with rubber bullets and tear gas: It was a weapon designed to put the boot to a mostly helpless population, not fight a war.

Not coincidentally, during the Easter Rising the British decided to just shell Dublin with naval gunfire in retribution after the civilian-abusing parts of the military lost ground.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

spacemang_spliff posted:

america is about to facilitate yet another ethnic cleansing but it's very undecorous to point this out as doing so is offensive to centrists liberals reddtiors and people who have 30k posts in video game forums

the gamer moment YouTube streamer isn’t a fan either

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Neurolimal posted:

at the risk of becoming the new mcmagic: I think al-saqr should be more careful about sharing cartoons where jews are pigs

its like maus imo

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Ringo Roadagain posted:

guy in 1945 replying to a comic depicting dead nazi concentration camp guards as pigs - "what do you have against the german polish people?"

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Oppressors as pigs is a universal trope btw for all the useful idiot reactionaries reading this.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol the deep state reaching into SomethingAwful to squelch dissenting opinions

They don't call in that chit very often but it's always available

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

fwiw if I spent my life in an open air prison under the bootheel of a maniacal apartheid state that has been bombing me indiscriminately for the last 20 years and just shut off power, water, food, medicine, and travel to and from the only home I've known and have ever been allowed to know I think I'd probably do worse than portray my oppressors as cartoon pigs in a drawing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the vile lefts photos will never harm another soul

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Israel deserved 10/11

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

what is with the obsessions that people have, thinking that every person posting in a politics forum thinks their posts are "praxis"?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol the deep state reaching into SomethingAwful to squelch dissenting opinions

They don't call in that chit very often but it's always available

we need to let glenn know what is happening here

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
iron dome needs slow mode to function properly

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

are there any reliable figures on the idf vs israeli civilian death toll? maddening to see the whole toll effectively treated as civilians

I don't see how anyone can have anything approaching an accurate estimate of the deaths in Palestine given how many buildings have been flattened and the amount of ongoing bombing. They won't be free to search the rubble until the bombing stops.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

samogonka posted:

iron dome needs slow mode to function properly

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

what is with the obsessions that people have, thinking that every person posting in a politics forum thinks their posts are "praxis"?

they got rhetorically owned at some point and has a gripe, it's a cousin reaction to libertarians becoming anarchists after being owned by tankies

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
can someone explain the current situation in israel using rick and morty analogies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Perhaps I'm in slow mode but I'm not clear on what good and normal thing the dead pigs in underwear next to the uniformed ones are supposed to represent.