Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

israel being defeated is the best possible outcome imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

guy in 1945 replying to a comic depicting dead nazi concentration camp guards as pigs - "what do you have against the german people?"

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Honky Mao posted:

I can think of a better outcome, israel is defeated AND I get a nice chocolate icecream

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

free the Eagle of our hearts Jeffrey

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Oppressors as pigs is a universal trope btw for all the useful idiot reactionaries reading this.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Free Al-Saqr!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

is slow mode on i dont think slow mode works for me (mod privilege)

yep. Sorry about the slow mode I requested it since even stepping away for a few hours this thread gets like a thousand posts, the mods have stated relatively few reports are happening, so the only way to moderate it is to read everything and that ain't happening

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Honky Mao posted:

It's hard to imagine what that would look like. Post-apartheid South Africa?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Smythe posted:

is slow mode on i dont think slow mode works for me (mod privilege)

testing?

edit: yeah it's on

edit2:

lumpentroll posted:

you said you requested it because you thought it would be funny

what the gently caress

edit 3

Pooky posted:

how would slow mode even help

it doesn't

Burn Zone has issued a correction as of 18:22 on Oct 11, 2023

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

speng31b posted:

yep. Sorry about the slow mode I requested it since even stepping away for a few hours this thread gets like a thousand posts, the mods have stated relatively few reports are happening, so the only way to moderate it is to read everything and that ain't happening

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

My twitter account is acting hosed up right now. If I try to open anything in the window where I'm signed in nothing works, but opening links in incognito mode works fine. I don't know if it's just because twitter is breaking or because it's functionally just a Palestine solidarity account so is getting throttled.

I'm not going to ask what your account is, but try looking at it with "nitter.net" instead of twitter.com, and if it loads well there, its probably just the system being weird. But I'm going to wage that it's indeed throttling.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I didnt see whatever the gently caress theyre talking about but pigs are cops.

Or british. Gammon comics coming to mind.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

speng31b posted:

thread ik al saqr

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

docbeard said that but he's right

Death of Innocence
Jan 12, 2006

SAD serves no purpose. Who needs a forum dedicated to whining about the Something Awful forums? All SAD has ever accomplished is to give a platform and censorship power to people in favor of mass death and genocide. SAD must be closed and all SAD posters permabanned.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

They gave Iran a military foothold in the southern arabian peninsula and starved hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed any hope for that country to transition to democracy that's pretty much it.

Hey, that's not true

They also provided us with endless "what not to do with an M1 Abrams" blooper reel.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

speng31b posted:

ur a prince

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

moths posted:

Fox reported that this carrier group includes an anti-submarine destroyer, which very much supports this reading of events.

This is the moment where the bully is standing there with a bloody nose. They've lost the political capital from being perceived as an immobile object, and the regional situation is rearranging around that new reality.

Expect Israel to double down on previous strategies: Strong demonstrations of Western backing, unhinged propaganda, and show of force atrocities.

But the perception of invincibility has always, until now, been their primary leverage. The flood punctured that illusion, which I never expected to see.

100%

Kissinger helped them stall out peace talks in 1973 so they could cause as much damage as possible to the Egyptian Army, without the newly mobilizing Egyptian troops entering the battle (US threatened them for ceasefire violations) or the Soviets (US increased nuclear posture). That’s how important it was that Israel get more blows in.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

PostNouveau posted:

you'd hope it would involve more effective redistribution and justice than South Africa or otherwise you just end up with all the settlers retaining political and economic power decades later. but as a starting point, yes, that'd be something to look at

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lumpentroll posted:

It is

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
supporting the apartheid state of israel whose leaders are putting out explicitly genocidal language while committing explicit war crimes out in the open on their way to ethnically cleansing gaza of palestinians is inherently bloodlust. ban all pro israel posters imo

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OctaMurk posted:

so? every carrier group has an anti submarine destroyer.

I might not have been clear, Fox was specifically hyping that up.

The implication is a submarine threat in addition to garage-machined mortars and second-hand small arms. A carrier group is the wrong tool for the job of "pacifying Palestine." Its job is as a physical reminder that Israel has the West's unquestioning support and resources.

moths has issued a correction as of 18:25 on Oct 11, 2023

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

new kind of cat posted:

anyone that OPs a thread in SAD should be perma’d for being a psychotic freak

p. much

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Oppressors as pigs is a universal trope btw for all the useful idiot reactionaries reading this.

Ya. Didn't notice the kippahs at first tho. Not good!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Honky Mao posted:

unless they use nukes

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

slow mode? jeffrey upgrade the servers, you know cspam is the only reason this dead forum still gets traffic

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

holefoods posted:

I think israel gave people brain rot by putting a star of david on their flag so that anything anti-israel is seen as antisemitic.

It wasn’t just putting the Star on the flag, there has been a very successful media propaganda campaign to equate Israel/ Zionism with all Jews.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been called “self hating” because I don’t support genocide.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pobrecito posted:

supporting the apartheid state of israel whose leaders are putting out explicitly genocidal language while committing explicit war crimes out in the open on their way to ethnically cleansing gaza of palestinians is inherently bloodlust. ban all pro israel posters imo

They're not just putting out explicitly genocidal language, they've also cut off life-sustaining water, power, and fuel to an ethnic enclave of 2 million people. They're doing the genocide right now, and not in the fig leafed deniable way. The regular medieval siege way.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

are the pigs supposed to be dead idf? they look like they're wearing idf uniforms and there's a few tanks in the pile of poo poo with stink lines. plus the palestinians are in what appears to be a humvee or similar. looks like it's about that base raid where hamas got a bunch of idf vehicles.
although ham mas seems like the palestinians could be pigs too, a lot to think about here

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jesus, this is appalling. :stare: Essentially saying that Israel is justified in blockading and starving out Palestinian civilians as retribution for the Hamas attack.

Teriyaki Koinku has issued a correction as of 18:28 on Oct 11, 2023

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pooky posted:

it's a punishment, that's all that matters

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

PostNouveau posted:

That would be the one-state solution, yeah. Which would require a transition from Israel as a "Jewish state" to a pluralistic one that would be, ideally, safe for Jews and all other peoples living in it. Of course, the Israeli right wing would start a civil war before they would allow that to happen. I think white South Africans being <10% of the population mitigated the danger of paramilitary revanchism after the formation of the democratic government, whereas the comparable populations of Jews and Palestinians would make the situation there infinitely more volatile.

Mechafunkzilla has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Oct 11, 2023

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i dont know about that one hamas fighter standing on the pile of pig people tho. is that haram?

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

are the pigs supposed to be dead idf? they look like they're wearing idf uniforms and there's a few tanks in the pile of poo poo with stink lines. plus the palestinians are in what appears to be a humvee or similar. looks like it's about that base raid where hamas got a bunch of idf vehicles.
although ham mas seems like the palestinians could be pigs too, a lot to think about here

its the typical lib poo poo of getting really worked up about the one thing that they think is real and then just hinging everything on that

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
two words I've barely heard the last couple days: Iron Dome

what's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Dr. Killjoy posted:

two words I've barely heard the last couple days: Iron Dome

what's up with that?

They overwhelmed it in like 10 minutes and it ran out of ammo.