Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

smarxist posted:

You're going to be admin by sunset lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Al! posted:

all the imp zone superstars are hillarymen reregs lmfao

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lol cspam ptsd ftmfw

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

smarxist posted:

You're going to be admin by sunset lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they closed the thread before i could ask which cartoon pig was getting the best head

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's extremely apparent that there are different rules for portions of this forum than for others. The unfortunate reality is that a FYAD-style philosophy is not good for a politics-centric forum, because you end up with an insular community that has as much leeway as it needs to froth itself up into some really awful positions, including celebrating the murder of civilians and defending imagery that would be permaban-worthy anywhere else. This is all bad enough, but what's appalling is the absolute hypocrisy. C-SPAM whines to get behaviors shut down on other parts of the forum that its posters gleefully engage in when it's about their enemies. It's tacit endorsement from the mods when this poo poo goes unpunished and is allowed to get as bad as it needs to before a token ban gets thrown out as an attempt at appeasement.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

KirbyKhan posted:

It's extremely apparent that there are different rules for portions of this forum than for others. The unfortunate reality is that a FYAD-style philosophy is not good for a politics-centric forum, because you end up with an insular community that has as much leeway as it needs to froth itself up into some really awful positions, including celebrating the murder of civilians and defending imagery that would be permaban-worthy anywhere else. This is all bad enough, but what's appalling is the absolute hypocrisy. C-SPAM whines to get behaviors shut down on other parts of the forum that its posters gleefully engage in when it's about their enemies. It's tacit endorsement from the mods when this poo poo goes unpunished and is allowed to get as bad as it needs to before a token ban gets thrown out as an attempt at appeasement.

troubling

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

smarxist posted:

they closed the thread before i could ask which cartoon pig was getting the best head

KirbyKhan posted:

It's extremely apparent that there are different rules for portions of this forum than for others. The unfortunate reality is that a FYAD-style philosophy is not good for a politics-centric forum, because you end up with an insular community that has as much leeway as it needs to froth itself up into some really awful positions, including celebrating the Chipmunks getting a blowjob and defending imagery that would be permaban-worthy anywhere else. This is all bad enough, but what's appalling is the absolute hypocrisy. C-SPAM whines to get behaviors shut down on other parts of the forum that its posters gleefully engage in when it's about their enemies. It's tacit endorsement from the mods when this poo poo goes unpunished and is allowed to get as bad as it needs to before a token ban gets thrown out as an attempt at appeasement. also it was theodore

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My advice to the guy whose only posts are magically Trad Games and SAD is: Post in your main, loser.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

sad thread snapping instantly into sharp relief

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KirbyKhan posted:

The only time "cspam posters" post about that poo poo is when they are dragged into qcs/sad lol

Tribalism ftw too

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Shame they shut down the antisemitism SAD thread before it even started, bet that would've had some very bad posts to laugh at

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

our scientific experts have moved the fluffpocalypse clock to 5 minutes to midnight

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

if fluff wakes up for this we're all dead lmfao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

our scientific experts have moved the fluffpocalypse clock to 5 minutes to midnight

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

buckle up baby

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pigs are also frequently used for depictions of fascists or police.

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

my feedback is that most of the posters mad about the discussion at all are 2015 style obama libs who got completely owned in various trump threads by actual arabs like al saqr and happyelf, and therefore will broker no further discussion on the topic

the most vocal and annoying people that bitch about cspam are people who have talked about how pinochet was good or how islam is an abombination, they are no better than the freaks they're railing against

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

i look away for FIVE MINUTES (okay like an hour and change)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I'm calling in my Troubles favor. All you bitches will fry, but I'll keep on Forest Gumping through these forums for eternity.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

docbeard posted:

i look away for FIVE MINUTES (okay like an hour and change)

I had a panini and some coffee for lunch feeling energized and ready to roll

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DarkSithLord posted:

the most vocal and annoying people that bitch about cspam are people who have talked about how pinochet was good or how islam is an abombination, they are no better than the freaks they're railing against

Yeah. It is very obvious that a lot of the politics forum bitching is based in a disgruntlement that their abhorrent beliefs aren't being represented when you look at posting histories.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Oct 11, 2023

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I had a panini and some coffee for lunch feeling energized and ready to roll

I had some leftover pizza. Good pizza from the awesome local place down the street at least.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Pigs are also frequently used for depictions of fascists or police.

Tbf to the freaks all the dead pigs are wearing yarmulkes. I dunno I guess I can understand being skeeved at that but I don't really care

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh, in case anyone missed it, VG did reduce Al-Saqr's probe to a week.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Tbf to the freaks all the dead pigs are wearing yarmulkes. I dunno I guess I can understand being skeeved at that but I don't really care

I can too. I can see it both ways.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

good thread ty docbeard

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DaysBefore posted:

Caught the edit. Owned bitch

i'm having a real bad day let me tell you

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we cannot allow ourselves to question whether someone has a perspective informed by a life other than growing up as a white kid in the suburban USA, we must ban the posts that make us uncomfortable at all costs

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Feels Villeneuve posted:

to the tune of "i am a rock": i am a chud. i am a hillaryman

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

good thread ty docbeard

it was not but you are welcome

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

*bleeding out, Shao Fluff looming over me* he...MUST...WIN *time travels back to 03/29/2010*

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

docbeard posted:

it was not but you are welcome

idk it had its moments

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Free poppers

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol wtf. Vox you dumbass. Free poppers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
genuine feedback: i think implementing the U/R rules in the I/P thread is a good idea

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

the nazi frog :stare:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(sipping wine) lot of people going to be permabanned today me thinks

yup!! hope it's all the right people and none of the wrong people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007