Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I like hazy ipas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Black box is great, bota box is fine, Franzia's swill turned a whole generation against box wine but some of it is actually better than bottles unless you are paying like $40 per.

You can get 4 bottles of wine in a box for $20 or less and I swear it's good, yeah it's a blend but it stays fresher even.

I mostly mess with Cabernet Sauvignon black box, but all our friends agree it's good.

:hmmyes:

My only problem with Black Box is for some reason the red blend doesn’t sit well with me but that’s a personal issue. The cab and Pinot are way better than the price would indicate.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

All alcohol makes me violently I'll now, so I guess I'm posting ITT because my body is the thing that got shittier for no good reason.

I still feel everyone's pain though, my partner and I went to a pub last week and of the 30 beers on the list like 24 of them were some variation of an overhopped or hazy IPA. She got the one sour on the menu and it tasted like Dimetapp lol.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

There is a brewery near me that makes maybe 20 different beers, except they are all IPAs and they all taste exactly the same. The ABV varies a bit, and one of them has a tiny bit of raspberry juice in, but barely enough to notice.

I swear it's like the bit in Simpsons in the Duff brewery where everything comes from the same pipe, except they sometimes add a little bit of ethanol to some batches and sell it as a different product.

But everyone in this town says they're great. I mean it's fine, but there are much better local beers.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I like good IPAs but I can't perceive bitterness so it's even more apparent to me when it's being done to cover up for not being able to make beer for poo poo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Easy to make and dumping a ton of oats in to make it hazy covers up poor brewing technique.

There are some legit good breweries that just make a couple NEIPAs to fund their actual good beers but chances are that new brewpub that just popped up out of nowhere overnight and has nothing but hazies, pastry stouts, and syrupy sours is a VC-backed scam.

drat why waste oats there when they could make an oatmeal stout?

drat i really really missed that one year where my local places had a bunch of oatmeal stouts. best beer year of my life.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Since I had Covid all I can drink is IPAs, they have a nice bitterness but everything else is just bland.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Remulak posted:

Since I had Covid all I can drink is IPAs, they have a nice bitterness but everything else is just bland.

Maybe this is my secret to becoming a cilantro enjoyer

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

lol Chipotle is raising their prices again.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Virigoth posted:

lol Chipotle is raising their prices again.

They're so loving expensive for nothing. Just nothing. Also I eat Chipotle about once a month.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Google Lens used to be a handy way to quickly find out what some bug or plant or something I saw was. Just saw a weird bug and some weird eggs on a leaf by my door. Went to look it up with Google lens and it just brought up shopping options and products lol. Like leaf patterned fabric or bandanas or whatever. Thanks a lot assholes

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Khanstant posted:

Google Lens used to be a handy way to quickly find out what some bug or plant or something I saw was. Just saw a weird bug and some weird eggs on a leaf by my door. Went to look it up with Google lens and it just brought up shopping options and products lol. Like leaf patterned fabric or bandanas or whatever. Thanks a lot assholes

Point it at your junk

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Khanstant posted:

I love to reverse image search a specific photo and just get a list of places where i can buy the shirt they're wearing. This is a feature I definitely wanted and am glad is now the default.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I've been buying bacon again after taking a break from it for a few years and none of the three brands I've tried have cleanly cut slices anymore. It looks normal in the package, but attempting to take some out results in it pulling apart into a stringy mess of shredded meat. The resulting tiny bits of cooked bacon still work for sandwiches, but WTF.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dip Viscous posted:

I've been buying bacon again after taking a break from it for a few years and none of the three brands I've tried have cleanly cut slices anymore. It looks normal in the package, but attempting to take some out results in it pulling apart into a stringy mess of shredded meat. The resulting tiny bits of cooked bacon still work for sandwiches, but WTF.

yep

2019-2020 posted:

USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is deregulating inspections in some of the largest pork processing facilities in the country. It’s allowing plants to reduce the number of inspectors working on the slaughter line, giving critical inspection tasks to untrained company employees, and removing caps on how fast the line can run.

This new way of running slaughter lines is called the New Swine Inspection System (NSIS). The agency anticipates that 40 hog slaughter facilities, processing 92% of U.S. pork, will convert to NSIS. Some of the biggest names in pork processing are pushing for this, including JBS, Tyson, and Smithfield.

In one plant experimenting with NSIS, inspectors have just 2.6 seconds to assess a hog on the line. As a consequence, they’ve greenlit hog carcasses contaminated with feces, hair, toenails, and bile. These same carcasses go on to become bacon, pork chops, hot dogs, sausage, and other pork products.

Three lawsuits to challenge NSIS have been filed by unions representing the plant workers, animal welfare groups, and food safety advocates, including Food & Water Watch and the Center for Food Safety.

FSIS hid critical information from the public when it first proposed the frighteningly minimal system. Food & Water Watch was forced to file separate litigation to obtain crucial, undisclosed information. The revealed data showed NSIS would lead to more contaminated pork entering the market. Moreover, it could lead to diseases that ravage hog herds and/or could be transmitted to humans.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The local grocery store has decent cheese buns but now they come in packs of 4 instead of packs of 6, for the same price. This change happened sometime this year.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
The vestigal canning supplies section of the supermarket has now been axed completely.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

The vestigal canning supplies section of the supermarket has now been axed completely.

Big Grocery doesn't want you canning foods to eat over the winter when you could be buying stuff at jacked up prices! HOW DARE YOU!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Dip Viscous posted:

I’ve found the Costco Kirkland bacon is the best in this regard. Otherwise, agreed - it just seems so fatty lately that I don’t know that you can even get clean slices.

punct
Jan 9, 2022
I don't eat bacon often at all (1-2x per year) - I just get the thickest one. might as well splurge a bit since I don't have it often. But as the regular bacon gets thinner the thick cuts get more expensive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is literally no safety rules for pork production in the USA. No oversight at all

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

you can still find good bacon out there, you just have to be ready to pay close to 20 bucks per lb

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Echoing thick cut bacon. Just eat less slices.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
https://ruhlman.com/homemade-bacon/

I bought a pork belly from Costco, nitrates and a meat slicer from rural king and made my own bacon.

After smoking it was some of the best I've ever had.

Similar to the high dollar Benton's bacon I can get locally but not overpoweringly smokey like theirs, they smoke for many many hours, mine only required a few hours.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

The latest Zoom update hosed it up so much. The annotation toolbar now appears directly on top of the screen you're trying to annotate so you have to move it out of the way. Except gently caress you, you also have to open a menu to click a box to undock it. And extra gently caress you, it doesn't remember this so you have to do it every time you restart screen sharing. And a small gently caress you on top, you can't position it horizontally anymore. Just.. why.

Also they shitted it up with a bunch of AI poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would you need AI on a zoom call

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

You don't, the company does so they can use you as a generator for more machine learning data.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

euphronius posted:

Why would you need AI on a zoom call

"Meet Zoom AI Companion, your new AI assistant! Upgrade to Zoom One Pro and get access to AI Companion at no additional cost. Upgrade today!"

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's so your boss can get a report on whether you were paying attention during the team meeting.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I just got a youtube ad for a device that sucks your dick for you.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

bossy lady posted:

Our cyberpunk future continues apace

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

bossy lady posted:

what’s my wife doing on YouTube

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

bossy lady posted:

Cyberpunk utopia finally arrived???

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

New Swine Inspection System needs to be a copaganda show.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just so you all know I think I found the source of your problems.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Professor Shark posted:

I have a Pinterest account for my work email because I like/ liked getting ideas for lessons, but after they started emailing me about EVERY possible category I showed interest in, resulting in 5+ emails a day, I went in and disabled notifications.

It stopped for a week, then they started sending them again, like I’d never asked them to stop.

The future is so stupid. I think companies just realized that what the customer thinks doesn’t matter, it’s the stockholders.

I will say that spammers' cavalier disregard for unsubscribe requests was the impetus for me finally learning how Rules work in Outlook.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Buce posted:

you can still find good bacon out there, you just have to be ready to pay close to 20 bucks per lb

Get it cut at the butcher or get a pork belly at Costco. Also just eat less of it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1712538697307140477

Can't say I'm surprised.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Objective evil is winning, cool cool cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Every time I go into a Best Buy (which is like once a year) it keeps looking more and more like an oversized Radio Shack near the end of its life. A solid 30% of the store is dedicated to phones and isles are just picked with what’s become disposable lcd TVs.

Also none of the registers were open except for customer services.

I don’t know their financial situation but surely they have to be hanging on by a thread now.