Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I personally don't like people dying, which is why I support Palestine.

But have you considered that if my racist uncle ever saw the people being killed in Gaza irl he would be uncomfortable enough to cross the street
bet you didn't think of that didja

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

in other news the source of the 40 babies claim has been traced to an outspokenly genocidal settler named "David Ben Zion" which is the sort of name an actual Nazi would give a fictional israeli character.

lol

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712123400276095402

ty mr musk

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Lmfao

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012
Liberals are putting their new understanding of WW2 they learned from Ukraine to use in Palestine: Hamas is now worse than the Nazis because the Nazis felt bad about the holocaust :shepicide:
https://twitter.com/michaelshermer/status/1711931207964058019

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i just don't understand how someone can live through the bush and obama years and not come out with some questions about what constitutes terrorism, what leads to it, and what is bad about cheerleading starting a war about it, but apparently that's the vast majority of americans?

It's important to note the year 2023 doesn't exist. All media is regurgitated, the latest technological craze is all about said regurgitation (AI), people are struggling to keep up with the vast shifts from pre-Trump to post-Trump, pre-Covid to post-Covid to post-post-Covid, and most people's reaction to that is to live in the time they felt most "comfortable" in. You get a lot of people who live in 2010 Tumblr, who live in 2015 4chan, who live on 2016 StillWithHer Twitter, and a lot of Boomers and Gen Xers and even some Millennials who are perpetually stuck in 2002. Arafat is a dictator, right? Somehow? We're still mad at him? He's still alive or something? Hamas has never been elected, are still a completely independent group? Lot of that poo poo.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

concerning

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Alpha 1 posted:

Liberals are putting their new understanding of WW2 they learned from Ukraine to use in Palestine: Hamas is now worse than the Nazis because the Nazis felt bad about the holocaust :shepicide:

I challenge liberals, when something bad happens can you resist the urge to rehabilitate the 3rd Reich?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Suriyakmaps posted:

If the events of northern Palestine are confirmed then Hezbollah was also planning this kind of operation for months as HAMAS did 🇵🇸🇮🇱🇱🇧
(from t.me/Suriyak_maps/1331, via tgsa)

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

looking into this

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Sancho Banana posted:

But have you considered that if my racist uncle ever saw the people being killed in Gaza irl he would be uncomfortable enough to cross the street
bet you didn't think of that didja

I did not think of that. I now also support yelling at your racist Uncle.

:)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Don't think they have been

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Alpha 1 posted:

woah

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Alpha 1 posted:

I can't believe in my younger years I somewhat liked and followed this dipshit. Even read his one skeptic book.

What a loving idiot

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Zedhe Khoja posted:

he's a media exec in the most corrupt country on earth, who happens to use his position and captive audience to promote his lovely trash tier "comedy"
its like calling miles guo a popstar

in other news the source of the 40 babies claim has been traced to an outspokenly genocidal settler named "David Ben Zion" which is the sort of name an actual Nazi would give a fictional israeli character.

The return and rebranding of gleb freikorps

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

he figures no one will notice the extra explosions

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

car won't even work when it can't get internet or some poo poo, perma stuck in park because you need to update X - The Everything App in a war zone

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Alpha 1 posted:

jesus christ

same vibe as "Hitler never used chemical weapons on his own people"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Digital Jedi posted:

I can't believe in my younger years I somewhat liked and followed this dipshit. Even read his one skeptic book.

What a loving idiot

Dude wrote a book about Holocaust denial and thinks Nazis "knew" killing Jews was bad. That's why the used so much state capacity and built facilities devoted to doing it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

depends on when it hit

though this would leave australia to rebuild civilization, which is, ehh

space isn't arranged in a flat plane aligned with the plane of the Earth's orbit.

the center of the intersection of the gamma beam and the earth could be in the pacific, the antarctic or smackdab middle of downtown houston texas.

lmao lets go electric paragliders

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Oct 11, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Concerning (lol) that the place where most people get their news nowdays is a dying social media platform currently being destroyed by a billionaire lunatic.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

The forces of an illegal military occupier are only a valid target from Mo-Fr 9am-5pm, holidays excluded.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

the supposed incursion into northern Israel earlier today looks like it didn't actually happen and was just rumors that then spiraled into a mass panic, fueled by the Israeli government and military treating the rumors as legitimate and ordering everyone into shelters

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

space isn't arranged in a flat plane aligned with the plane of the Earth's orbit.

the center of the intersection of the gamma beam and the earth could be in the pacific, the antarctic or smackdab middle of downtown houston texas.

Praying the gamma-ray hits Houston.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I think the only real critique I could offer Hamas is that it might have been worth an end run to one or two of the IAF bases.

It's about a 45 minute drive to the two closet ones, so they may have been put on alert, making it impractical, but given how little resistance they bumped into in the first few hours, something like this could go a long way. The IAF was, and appears to still be, the only part of the IDF actually capable of responding competently, is a huge part of their international projection of strength, and is the only part actively striking at Gaza right now, with no fear of retaliation or even taking casualties.

It may have been a long shot. The IAF is so important to Israel's deterrence, not just for Palestine but regionally, that I imagine their bases are better defended and manned at higher readiness than army outposts. Hezbollah grounding the IAF before a Syrian attack must be at the top of their planners' list of worst case scenarios. Losing the ability to carry out the Samson Option obviously poses an even graver strategic risk. I know back in the Cold War airbases in Germany were on alert more frequently than land force installations. iirc the RAF Regiment was always on the lookout for the Provos at RAF Aldergrove.

Beyond that, from what I've read, Hamas didn't expect the massive success they had even going 10 kilometres inside Israel. Expecting to hit strategic targets far to the rear would have exceeded anyone's exploitations and they probably did not allocate the means to exploit them. In an ideal world, they would have infiltrated people in advance to hit the airfields, though the damage small teams of infiltrators could cause would be minimal compared to a flying column. That would allow a guaranteed minimum disruption, maybe some damage, before Israeli forces were put on alert, assuming that in the 45 minute drive from Gaza the IDF would get on a war footing.

I keep going back and forth on the risk of alerting the airbase defences prematurely and causing only a little damage, versus hoping to hit the airbase with a larger force but spending an agonizing 45 minutes to get there, where they might prepare defences that can't be overcome, or Israeli forces streaming towards Gaza make the roads impassable. Given the shootouts that took place up and down the highway system in the first 12-24 hours, I'm split.

Unfortunately, in either case, the window of opportunity has now closed, and there won't be any further opportunities to advance that far and strike at IAF installations, nor to infiltrate forces and strike at virtually undefended airbases while the garrison is on leave or asleep. This means that the IAF remains the most potent tool in the IDF's toolbox, one that will be used exclusively to drop 2000lb bombs on civilians for the foreseeable future.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Oct 11, 2023

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Draft of the bi-partisan resolution that the US Congress will probably pass soon

quote:

118TH CONGRESS
1ST SESSION H. RES. ll
Standing with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas and other terrorists.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Mr. MCCAUL submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the
Committee on ___________
RESOLUTION
Standing with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas and other terrorists.
Whereas on October 7, 2023, Hamas terrorists launched a massive, unprovoked war on Israel by air, land, and sea, including firing thousands of rockets;
Whereas this heinous assault took place just after the 50th anniversary of the start of the multi-front 1973 Yom Kippur War against Israel;
Whereas Hamas terrorists crossed the land border and began slaughtering Israelis and abducting hostages in towns in southern Israel, including children and the elderly;

Whereas since October 7, 2023, Hamas launched over 4,500 rockets into southern and central Israel;
Whereas since October 7, 2023, Hamas terrorists have killed over 900 Israelis and injured more than 2,600 others;
Whereas at least 11 United States citizens in Israel are among those killed by Hamas since October 7, 2023;
Whereas since October 7, 2023, Hamas is directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Palestinians;
Whereas the expansion of this war to other fronts by Hezbollah, Iran, or others would create an even more devastating regional catastrophe;
Whereas Hamas is a United States-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization;
Whereas Iran has long provided support to Hamas and other terrorist groups and proxies, and prior United States Government unclassified assessments indicated that, ‘Iran has historically provided up to $100 million annually in combined support to Palestinian terrorist groups, including Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command’’;
Whereas Hamas used rudimentary, civilian equipment, such as bulldozers, paragliders, and rubber boats in its assault on Israel, demonstrating the importance of fully enforcing tight controls on what materials go into the Gaza Strip, including through thorough vetting of assistance;
Whereas under the 2016 U.S.-Israel Memorandum of Understanding, the United States pledged to provide Israel $3.3 billion per year in Foreign Military Financing Program assistance and $500 million per year in missile de fense for 10 years, which Congress has appropriated annually;
Whereas section 1273 of the William M. (Mac) Thornberry National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 authorized not less than $3.3 billion in Foreign Military Financing Program assistance for Israel for each of the fiscal years 2021 through 2028, in accordance with the 2016 U.S.-Israel Memorandum of Understanding;
Whereas Congress has responded with additional appropriations beyond the terms of the 2016 U.S.-Israel Memorandum of Understanding as needed, including in March 2022 when Congress appropriated an additional $1 billion for Iron Dome defense system after the May 2021 conflict in which Hamas launched more than 4,400 rockets at Israel; and
Whereas Israel is a major non-NATO ally and Major Strategic Partner of the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—
(1) stands with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas and other terrorists;
(2) reaffirms Israel’s right to self-defense;
(3) condemns Hamas’ brutal war against Israel;
(4) calls on all countries to unequivocally condemn Hamas’ brutal war against Israel;
(5) calls on Hamas to immediately cease these violent attacks and safely release all living hostages and return the bodies of deceased hostages;
(6) mourns the over 900 Israelis and 11 Americans killed and over 2,600 others wounded in Hamas’ unprovoked attack on Israel;
(7) reaffirms the United States’ commitment to Israel’s security, including through security assistance in accordance with the 2016 U.S.-Israel Memorandum of Understanding;
(8) urges full enforcement of the Taylor Force Act (title X of division S of Public Law 115–141; 132 Stat. 1143) and other restrictions in United States law to prevent United States foreign assist12 ance from benefiting terrorists, directly or indirectly;
(9) condemns Iran’s support for terrorist groups and proxies, including Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad;
(10) urges full enforcement of United States sanctions against Iran to prevent Iran’s funding of terrorist groups, including Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad; and
(11) stands ready to assist Israel with emergency resupply and other security, diplomatic, and intelligence support
https://democrats-foreignaffairs.ho...D.hamas-res.pdf

They're primarily focused on condemning Iran. Also restates the importance of Israeli control of the borders of Gaza.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i just don't understand how someone can live through the bush and obama years and not come out with some questions about what constitutes terrorism, what leads to it, and what is bad about cheerleading starting a war about it, but apparently that's the vast majority of americans?

After awhile all those questions start really getting to you, so you retreat into a cozy little mental hobbit hole and pretend that everything is alright, then violently lash out at anybody who tries to pull you out of it for reasons you’ve blocked out of your own brain.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Oct 11, 2023

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

paul_soccer12 posted:

gently caress the admins this is loving horseshit
Modern Video Games eat my poo poo you loving moron

:hai:

gently caress this slow mode bullshit you loving cowards

gently caress america

gently caress israel

gently caress everything

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Poppers posted:

Look at the happy frog go! Lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Poppers posted:

Look at the happy frog go! Lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Slavvy posted:

The return and rebranding of gleb freikorps
every time a new war is announced all the libs are like "OMG Gleb Freikorps is back!"

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Well, I guess this confirms it.

https://twitter.com/snarkademic/status/1712118306994262276

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

jfc spoiler that poo poo

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/krakn91/status/1712103178173395437?t=EMaBtY2mSr92mDtqiNcBPQ&s=19

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao again

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

he’s doing my old Zhukov av!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Atrocious Joe posted:

Draft of the bi-partisan resolution that the US Congress will probably pass soon

https://democrats-foreignaffairs.ho...D.hamas-res.pdf

They're primarily focused on condemning Iran. Also restates the importance of Israeli control of the borders of Gaza.

man we don't even make gestures towards mediating for peace anymore huh