Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
From CSPAM to D&D
May Al-Saqr be free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israel is going to get away with all of this, oh well

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Gripweed posted:

What did Al Saqr post that was so heinous it needed to be deleted?

the truth

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

could these somehow be hooked up to the power plant in Gaza?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Danny LaFever posted:

From CSPAM to D&D
May Al-Saqr be free

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If posting isn't praxis, reinstating Al-Saqr would be.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

DelilahFlowers posted:

A Maus inspired comic

That comic with the happy Palestinians riding over a pile of rubble and dead IDF guys? That’s bannable?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

wait is this slowdown for real

what the gently caress why

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nonsense posted:

yep, CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the liberal media are going to cheerlead the ethnic cleansing of Gaza

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Had a conversation with a friend of mine to who like 80% of the way there to being an anti zoinist but the rapes/cutting heads off of babies discourse pretty much ends all nuanced thought.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Popy posted:

wait is this slowdown for real

what the gently caress why

liberals must be appeased

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thisthread should be slower

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

the two state solution was never going to work, but also the single state they want is a fascist dictatorship with arab slaves not something democratic, which is why israel must be destroyed

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

mcmagic posted:

Had a conversation with a friend of mine to who like 80% of the way there to being an anti zoinist but the rapes/cutting heads off of babies discourse pretty much ends all nuanced thought.

what about people holding up a picture of a swastika on a phone what does that do to nuanced thought would you say

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/all-news/article-767808

quote:

Moody's warns Israel: Gaza war could cause credit rating drop
The comments came as traders pushed the cost of insuring Israel's debt against a default to the highest level in nearly a decade.
By REUTERS
OCTOBER 11, 2023 20:45

Moody's sent a warning to Israel on Wednesday just days before a scheduled rating review that a prolonged war with Hamas could drag down the country's credit score.

Surprise attacks by Hamas at the weekend have sparked the worst escalation in violence in 50 years and raised questions about not just the humanitarian cost, but the economic toll as well.

Moody's, which is scheduled to review Israel's "A1 stable" rating on Friday, said the chances of a downgrade would depend on how the war develops.

"In the past, Israel’s sovereign credit profile has shown resilience to terrorist attacks and military action," a group of the firm's top analysts said in a note. "However, a prolonged conflict that durably and significantly impairs economic activity and policymaking would test that resilience".

The comments came as traders pushed the cost of insuring Israel's debt against a default to the highest level in nearly a decade.

Credit default swaps, as the insurance policies are known, broke through the 100 basis points level, meaning they have surged more than 65% since the weekend's attacks.

Israel has never been downgraded by any of the three main ratings agencies - S&P Global, Moody's and Fitch - but analysts highlight that this week's surge in CDS shows traders have concerns that it now could be downgraded.

Seaport Global analyst Himanshu Porwal said the spike in Israel's CDS has made them more expensive than those of India, which Moody's rates five notches lower than Israel and on the lowest investment-grade rung.

In addition to the president of Iran, MBS talked with Erdogan today as well
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712195182127419865

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mcmagic posted:

feels like pointing them to the numerous examples of IDF sources saying “that shits fake lol” would be a solid way to reintroduce some nuance

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

drat why do all your friends succ so much lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone else starting an Arabic Duolingo course? well be careful, the deep state is watching...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

feels like pointing them to the numerous examples of IDF sources saying “that shits fake lol” would be a solid way to reintroduce some nuance

UNFORTUNATE NEWS FOR DAD LOST MY IPOD, WITH REGARDS TO PROPAGANDA

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Danny LaFever posted:

From CSPAM to D&D
May Al-Saqr be free

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Poppers posted:

Look at the happy frog go! Lol

upgrade to a ban imo

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

webcams for christ posted:

fantastic, courageous journalism:

(tw: blown up buildings and some bloodied faces of wounded civilians. devastating, but nothing nws/nms)

https://twitter.com/macaesbruno/status/1712180249147093050

this is gutwrenching

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1712203319043662265?s=20

Urgent | Al-Qassam: An Israeli settler and her two children were released after being detained during the clashes

interesting

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

ben shapino posted:

what about people holding up a picture of a swastika on a phone what does that do to nuanced thought would you say

It ADDS nuance, given that HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS have compared compared israel to nazis, and accused it of genocide.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Capital: woah lets chill

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1712163992439775548?t=vAstAm4zbAJDzmy0JfGfbA&s=19

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

mcmagic posted:

people that change position based on media sentiment dont really have positions in the first place, imo

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

uh no Mr worse than hitler, fanning the flames of genocide is cool and good actually

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nonsense posted:

I don't think there's anything Israel could do to not get away with it, honestly.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

webcams for christ posted:

jfc spoiler that poo poo

im tryign kmfsm

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Well, that is the point of discourse like that.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The issue isn't the bombs, but it is going to be the air frames. F-16s/15s (who knows about the F-35) are really only suppose to do about 2-3 weeks of intense operations before they need more extensive maintenance. The F-16s Israel is using are from the early 2000s, obviously not the oldest F-16s running but not necessarily fresh either and continual operations are going to cause more and more to be taken offline.

In addition, Israel can't allow its air force to be too thin, considering Lebanon/Golan. The USS Ford is suppose to help to an extent but they really don't want to count on one of the Ford's catapults or elevators not malfunctioning under stress (it wouldn't stop but disrupt operations, but the Israelis don't want that either).

It is why I am little skeptical about the IAF being able to pull it off all by itself with some USN support.

----

The thread has a 10 minute timer, which is honestly excessive. People are posting in this thread because it is a major event.

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

liberals must be appeased

the baby jokes and osint spam is aids, this is necessary.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
using my first post back from probation to say free al-saqr

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Poppers posted:

Look at the happy frog go! Lol

AnimeIsTrash posted:

idf member: feels bad man

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I don't think there's anything Israel could do to not get away with it, honestly.

even if they end up getting a total blockade running, and 2 million palestinians die of thirst, i think they would still maybe get away with it, depending on how they spin it. like theres a 'oh its hamas doing bad infrastructure thats the reason for all the deaths' angle i think theyd take and a lot of people would prefer that narrative.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

honestly the Bond Market is every nation's most important constituency. doubt this will actually make a difference tho

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

@snarkademic doing the dreamworks face in her av and retweeting atrocity propaganda. epic

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Be nice if we could get Oil Embargo 2 going

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

lol I brought up the baby decapitation thing being fake to my parents and my Mom’s head nearly exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the us is 100% backing apartheid israel so even if their economy collapses the us picks up the tab same as ukraine where the us pays for everything