Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
An old friend of mine ended up fostering two boys, one about eight and one 10 going on 50, they'd been in the system for a while, and their last foster home had insisted on them calling the parents, mom and dad and all the kids that tey're straight siblings and not half siblings or foster siblings. Amazingly enough, this did not make a good family environment, so they were definitely bitter when they went to her place. And yet somehow it must have been witchcraft, she treated them like people, never demanded that they call her mom, and within a month or two both of them saw her as a maternal figure to the point they would actually open up and talk to her about their issues. Last I heard legal adoption was in the process by the kids' choice.

Just thinking about hard it can be to introduce new fish, new cats, new animals in general to each other. There's a reason a lot of dog and cat adoptions fail when the family already has a cat or dog. And like with kids. It's because you want to force the acclimation right now on your terms without seeing what's actually best for them.

AITA for disrespecting my husband's religious views?

quote:

I (53F) have been married to my husband Peter (M51) for 17 years. We have two kids, Joan (15) and Eric (17). Peter and I have been best friends for the majority of our time together, but things changed.

About a year ago, Peter got into a car accident. He got hit by a drunk driver, and was in a coma for a month. It was a really rough time for the family, and the kids and I were pretty much constantly by his side when we weren't at work or school.

Thankfully, he pulled through, and he was able to get back to his life after months of recovery and intense physical therapy. Things started to feel like they were going back to normal, until he became super religious a few weeks ago. He started to believe that god had saved him, and that he needed to use the second chance he was given to spread the gospel.

I'm all for people expressing their religion, but he has latched on to a very conservative type of christianity, and it is causing a lot of friction between us. Eric is currently in his senior year of high school, and is working on the college application process now. Joan has been watching this and is very interested. The other day, she came to me crying, saying she'd asked her dad what colleges were good for computer science, since she's been very interested in coding for a while now, and her dad said she wouldn't be going to college, since her future job was to be a wife and mother, and college would be wasted on her.

To say I was furious would be an understatement. I went to him and asked him why he said that. He replied that he was spreading the good word, and he wanted to make sure we didn't lead our children into a sinful alternative lifestyle. I asked him if he expected me to quit my job (I work from home as an accountant) and focus on being a wife and mother too, and he said that he'd wanted to talk to me about this for a while.

He said that he wanted me to quit my job, since it is not suitable for a woman. This absolutely blindsided me, since he'd never expressed anything like this before. I told him that I would not be quitting my job, and our daughter would go to college, whether he approved or not. He rolled his eyes, and said I'd come around.

It escalated last night. Joan was going to go to the movies with a couple friends, and she came down wearing a pair of jeans and a crop top. Typical teenager stuff, nothing she hadn't worn before. Peter stopped her, and told her she had to change. She asked why, and he said he wasn't going to let her leave the house looking like a skank.

I was shocked, he'd never used language like that before. I told her to leave just as she was, and she left. Peter asked if I even cared about our daughter's soul, and I told him it's her body, she could dress herself how she wanted. He said her body is the property of god, not her, and that I needed to respect his religion. I told him I'd never respect a religion that treats women like second class citizens, and he left the house in a huff.

He hasn't come back yet. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

mllaneza posted:

I just figured out that I've become lactose intolerant in my mid-50s. It sucks. I did find a nice coconut/almond creamer to replace half n half, and it's actually good.

A surprisingly small amount of cheese will wreak vast harm on my system for a day though.

It's surprising how long it takes to figure it out for people who develop it later in life. I learned that aged cheeses are extremely forgiving, typically having very little lactose left, and that actual Lactaid pills are pretty cheap - if I want to have a occasional milkshake, I'm basically paying an extra $0.10 tax for the price of not suffering afterward.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

DoctorTristan posted:

You’d think someone who’d read most of the books would manage to get even one of the pronoun cases right

Xun posted:

I mean he did gently caress up thee and thou, unforgivable really

He started by addressing the dad with "thou," which is the informal second-person pronoun used for children, pets, social inferiors, intimate friends, and God (who you hope is your intimate friend). Addressing someone you've just met with "thee" and "thou" is immensely insulting unless you happen to be a nineteenth-century Quaker. Seventeenth-century Quakers, who purposely chose to address everyone with "thee" and "thou" as they believed all people were equals, routinely got threatened for it.

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Not only that, forms ending on "-est" are 2nd person singular, not 1st person. Somehow I have always detested people who attempt to actually speak Shakespearean / Original King James Bible English (same for people who do the equivalent thing in Dutch) because it kind of feels like part of the whole cargo culting "being a man of culture" in the same category as wearing fedoras, and I'm even more dismayed when they completely flub it like this goober did. It's like you've smugly shat yourself and the poo poo didn't even come out right.
yep

A few from Carolyn Hax

quote:

Dear Carolyn: My husband and I own a vacation cabin, which we have always encouraged my son and his wife to use on their own. This year, they were planning to visit us at the cabin for a week, then remain on their own for a week, which we were fine with. But recently, I learned that for the second week, they had invited my daughter-in-law’s parents to stay there as well.

I am not comfortable with this; I’ve only met these people once. This house has been in my family for generations, and I don’t want strangers in it when I’m not present (it’s too small for all of us to be there at the same time).

I told my son that he and his wife were still welcome, of course, but her parents would have to make hotel accommodations for the week. He replied that he and wife now wouldn’t visit at all: They’d come to see us last year, and they were due a visit to his wife’s family this year. Rather than ask her folks to stay in a hotel, they plan to skip us entirely and fly to her family’s home state instead.

Which one of us is being unreasonable?

— Grinch-y?

Grinch-y?: Omg. You are, with confetti, party hats and an oompah band. Holy cats.

Do you have any grasp at all of how deeply you just insulted your daughter-in-law, her parents and your son by extension? The only way I can even imagine your getting out of this with your primary relationships intact is for you to call your son immediately, say you don’t know what came over you, you utterly lost your mind, and of course her family is welcome to stay in the cabin.

You just declared your son’s extended family — his family — as untrustworthy strangers. They’re strangers to you, not to him.

I'm shaking my head so hard I might be concussed.

quote:

Dear Carolyn: Although I have a loving relationship with my adult kids, who live far away, it hurts me that I never receive gifts or even a card on my birthday or Mother’s Day. They call me, and they think that’s enough. Meanwhile, I faithfully acknowledge their birthdays and their partners’ with either a gift or a card and cash, and if we’re together, their dad and I always treat to a celebratory meal out. This year was my 65th birthday, and again all I got was phone calls. Is it time for me to stop sending them and their partners gifts?

— Hurt

Hurt: Sure. Not to be punitive, though, which makes nothing better. Stop because they may not value gifts the way you do, which would explain why they don’t give them for your special days. Meaning, maybe you’re giving them what you want and they’re giving you what they want. Pretty common, and easily solved by empathy.

Talk to them about it first, before you make any big changes. “Would you rather I stop sending gifts? It’s how I was raised to handle special days, and I love to get gifts and cards myself, but things seem to be changing.” More listening, less defensiveness, better connections.

And: Please value those currently undervalued phone calls, which are more precious than anything your kids can make happen with $6 at Target and a postage stamp. Don’t take my word for it, though; ask around, see how many people’s families don’t talk, don’t mark special days, don’t bother calling at all. I’ve got decades of mail on family estrangements. Your kids call. Good for them. Good for you.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cowslips Warren posted:

No. Stop. Don't go. Oh, no.

Is this brain damage or main character syndrome do you think?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Weird how you never hear about someone suffering a traumatic brain injury and becoming more liberal and kind. Except that one movie with Harrison Ford, I guess.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

She's worse than the Grinch since the Grinch owns one place and lives there. Unoccupied houses are offensive while people remain unhoused. I don't think people should even be allowed to own second homes and if they do, the second they aren't actively occupying it someone else should.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

mllaneza posted:

I just figured out that I've become lactose intolerant in my mid-50s. It sucks. I did find a nice coconut/almond creamer to replace half n half, and it's actually good.

A surprisingly small amount of cheese will wreak vast harm on my system for a day though.

I have to be careful if I take antibiotics for any reason that now it seems to beeline for the lactose eating bacteria and I get an unexpected dice roll after lunch.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cowslips Warren posted:

thank you god, for giving me a second chance to be a controlling, misogynist piece of poo poo

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CitizenKain posted:

I have to be careful if I take antibiotics for any reason that now it seems to beeline for the lactose eating bacteria and I get an unexpected dice roll after lunch.

That's a common side effect, unfortunately.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I chose the right username, as I developed a severe reaction to dairy in my 20s. It has even made me vomit, painfully.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Cowslips Warren posted:

An old friend of mine ended up fostering two boys, one about eight and one 10 going on 50, they'd been in the system for a while, and their last foster home had insisted on them calling the parents, mom and dad and all the kids that tey're straight siblings and not half siblings or foster siblings. Amazingly enough, this did not make a good family environment, so they were definitely bitter when they went to her place. And yet somehow it must have been witchcraft, she treated them like people, never demanded that they call her mom, and within a month or two both of them saw her as a maternal figure to the point they would actually open up and talk to her about their issues. Last I heard legal adoption was in the process by the kids' choice.

Just thinking about hard it can be to introduce new fish, new cats, new animals in general to each other. There's a reason a lot of dog and cat adoptions fail when the family already has a cat or dog. And like with kids. It's because you want to force the acclimation right now on your terms without seeing what's actually best for them.

oh so he went full kevin sorbo. divorce + murder is my verdit.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

snergle posted:

oh so he went full kevin sorbo. divorce + murder is my verdict.

But if you flip the order then you don't have to go through with the other.

SmuglyDismissed
Nov 27, 2007
IGNORE ME!!!

wheatpuppy posted:

Weird how you never hear about someone suffering a traumatic brain injury and becoming more liberal and kind. Except that one movie with Harrison Ford, I guess.

It's because the conservative christian views are true and the near death experience brings them closer to god, duh. :colbert:

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Starts off worryingly abusive, turns wholesome AF.

My (m34) wife (f32) has been cutting the strings off my pajama pants and she won’t admit to it. Not sure why?

quote:

For background sake, we have been married for 10 years. This behavior is pretty recent.

This really isn’t that bad but I was hoping someone could have an explanation? Because I ask her about this and she just denies it but we don’t have kids so it can only be her.

In the last year or so, I’ve been discovering the tie strings for my pajama pants have been disappearing. It can only be her removing these because we don’t have kids and I’m the only one who actually has to leave the house to go to work, so she’s alone in the house a lot. Her pants still have all their strings but none of mine do. I have bought more pants to replace the ones with missing strings but those eventually go missing too.

We have a good relationship, and idk why she denies it when I ask about it. It’s really not that big of a deal so I don’t really press the issue. It’s just really bizarre. She is a bit of a prankster and so am I. But idk what the point of the prank is if this is indeed some sort of practical joke.

Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing?

UPDATE: Ok so I just got home and checked inside the waistbands of all my pajama pants. I only have 5 of them so it didn’t take long. No strings in them so they definitely didn’t retract. I need to get some sleep so I’ll check the washer drum and filter when I wake up.

UPDATE 2: Someone in the comments suggested maybe my cat had been taking them out and hiding them since cats tend to have hiding spots. One of his is under the couch. I just checked and I found one there. It’s just one but it’s a start! I’m going to check his other spots too.

UPDATE 3: Ok so when my wife woke up I told her about finding a string in our cat’s hiding spot. She was amused and wanted to help me look at his other spots for them too. Well, none of his other known spots had them. But, she noticed something weird about the back of our other couch. It had a small hole in the bottom of it. I shined a flashlight in the hole and found a whole bunch of random stuff in there! We took the cushion off this section of the couch and cut a hole next to the spring and VOILA! We found his true secret stash! ALL MY STRINGS WERE THERE! Not only that but we found pretty much all of my wife’s missing smaller squishmallows and her missing AirPods. We even found a missing pendant that we’ve been trying to find for years! I’m going to buy her a box of chocolate.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Neito posted:

No. Stop. Don't go. Oh, no.

Is this brain damage or main character syndrome do you think?

There's lots of case studies in medical literature of dramatic personality changes following injuries to the brain. Sucks for the family and the husband. I don't remember reading any cases that reverted back unfortunately. Sucks for the OP and her family. Sounds like the husband wasn't a chud before. Just sad all around.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
IIRC certain traumatic but non-fatal brain injuries cause the centres of higher thinking to break down, and the lizard parts of the brain (e.g. those concerned with keeping you and yours safe, with safeguarding the 'den' etc.) to take precedence, which is why conservatism and its emphasis on not changing anything/keeping things familiar tends to appeal to anyone with such injuries. It isn't a conscious decision to be a shithead, it's just that those people are in constant "I AM IN CONDITION YELLOW" 24/7. I'm not excusing their behaviour, mind you, especially if it hurts anyone other than them, but I am saying that it has understandable causes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Fatty posted:

My (m34) wife (f32) has been cutting the strings off my pajama pants and she won’t admit to it. Not sure why?

This is hilarious. Also reminds me of when I was a kid, and our kitten ended up with short whiskers. Somehow. My mom was sure that my brother or I were taking scissors and cutting his whiskers down for some reason, and both of us denied it because neither of us had done it. She finally solved the mystery when she found our older cat laying down with the kitten and for reasons I still don't know, she was biting his whiskers off and keeping them very short to his face, whenever she groomed him.

AITA For not including my ex-wife's step-kids in activities I do with my kids.

quote:

My ex-wife (39F) and I (42M) divorced about 4 years ago after 12 years of marriage. We have 2 kids together (10 & 8). We live about 30-minutes apart and have split custody but the kids live with me primarily during the school year because I live in a much better school district. The kids spend 3 weekends a month with their mom during this time. My ex and I co-parent pretty well in my opinion and usually get along fine.

My ex remarried a little over a year after our divorce and has 3-year-old twins with her new husband. She also now has 2 step-kids (13 & 11) as well. So when my kids are visiting their mom, there are 6 kids in the house. My kids hate it because they never truly feel like they are "at home" there because their mom's attention is divided so much between all the kids, especially their young half-siblings. They tell me that they never do any activities when they are there, they pretty much always just stick around the house because it's so much work for my ex and her husband to handle that many kids.

So, I make it a point to do something fun the one weekend a month I have my kids at home. Camping, sporting events, museums, zoos, fairs, festivals, etc. My kids and I really look forward to planning and doing these things together.

My ex has started asking me if it would be possible to include her step-kids in some of these activities because they are getting jealous of all the fun things my kids are doing. This turned into an argument recently because I told her to stop asking because I her step-kids are not my kids and I have zero desire to build any kind of relationship with them.

I told her that the only thing stopping her and her husband from doing fun things with the kids is themselves. She told me it's a lot of work with 6 kids and I wouldn't understand. I told her it was her choice to marry a man with kids and to have more kids herself and that isn't my problem. She told me it would be fun bonding experiences for our kids and the step-kids and it would mean a lot to her if I would help her out with that.

I told her that making her life easier is no longer something I am required to do and if she and her husband can't handle all the kids at the same time, then I am more than willing to revisit our custody agreement so I can have our kids more often if that would make her life easier. That pissed her off and she called me an rear end in a top hat for being petty about this.

I ended up telling my kids that they should try to refrain from telling their mom and step-siblings too much about the activities we do together. They didn't really understand why because we've always told them that they can tell us anything, but I explained it to them the best I could.

I do feel bad about that part because I want them to know they can be honest with both their parents, but that seems to be the easiest way to keep the step-kids from getting jealous.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Traumatic Brain Injury sucks for everyone’s in the victim’s, if that’s the right word, life. Like, huuuuge changes in personalities, values, etc, that don’t start to kick in for months or years. And none of the brain scans can find where the continual damage is occurring.

It sucks so much even when it isn’t Tila Tequila levels of hate and fear.

Bored fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 11, 2023

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Cowslips Warren posted:

This is hilarious. Also reminds me of when I was a kid, and our kitten ended up with short whiskers. Somehow. My mom was sure that my brother or I were taking scissors and cutting his whiskers down for some reason, and both of us denied it because neither of us had done it. She finally solved the mystery when she found our older cat laying down with the kitten and for reasons I still don't know, she was biting his whiskers off and keeping them very short to his face, whenever she groomed him.

I hadn't thought of it for years, but my sister's little Burmese girl used to do that to one of the 2 kittens we got later. We reckoned he let her get away with it because he was amazingly stupid and thought he was getting special attention, because she never tried that with his brother.

Cats are weird.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fatty posted:

lol :cabot:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

But if you flip the order then you don't have to go through with the other.

Cadaver synod except for divorce.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Cowslips Warren posted:

Oof. NTA, but OP needs to seriously consider divorce at this point because things aren't going to get better. Considering that her husband was in a coma for a year month, there's probably some brain damage (or at least neurological changes) going on there, but getting him to admit it and talk to a doctor about it is going to be like pulling teeth.

wheatpuppy posted:

There's something about TBIs that seems to cause the brain to revise the personality into something more selfish and less pleasant, yeah. Could be a defense mechanism, the way a wounded animal will try to lash out at anyone who comes near it; the brain is aware that something is very wrong, but doesn't know how to fix it and it's not like medical science right now can fix a lot of it.

CommissarMega posted:

IIRC certain traumatic but non-fatal brain injuries cause the centres of higher thinking to break down, and the lizard parts of the brain (e.g. those concerned with keeping you and yours safe, with safeguarding the 'den' etc.) to take precedence, which is why conservatism and its emphasis on not changing anything/keeping things familiar tends to appeal to anyone with such injuries. It isn't a conscious decision to be a shithead, it's just that those people are in constant "I AM IN CONDITION YELLOW" 24/7. I'm not excusing their behaviour, mind you, especially if it hurts anyone other than them, but I am saying that it has understandable causes.

Yup. This, basically. Conservatism goes "we just want to keep you and yours safe from all the bad things out in the world, and there's so many bad things", and you need well-developed abilities to examine their claims and pick it apart and see the bullshit that lies under the surface. And someone with a TBI doesn't know they have a problem with that any more.

ETA: fixed the timing (I misread and thought it'd been a year, not a month). I also checked the subreddit, and the mods locked the comments before anyone but the bots had replied.

tinytort fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 12, 2023

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Fatty posted:

lol cats are assholes but they rule so much

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I want to contribute to TBI chat because of my injuries by saying I became more progressive after my horrific brain injury (gunshot wound to the head). I grew up Republican and even supported Bush and McCain, but only really changed to a progressive the more I learned about politics and looking at the advantages I have that everyone else should also have. Whether that was from the injury or just becoming more politically aware, who knows.

I did have family and friends tell me a bunch I changed. Whether that was from the injury itself or being in war, who knows. My sister and mom have said I've gotten angrier as time has gone on, but that's mainly because I don't like interacting with the retired cop FIL of my sister and I refuse outright to engage in any way with my sister's BIL that worked in the Governor Pence administration and then in the Trump administration for a couple of years. I also stopped treating my grandmother and aunts with respect the more I learned how racist they were, plus the Trump support.

Then again the doctors also can't tell me what type of TBI I have. They've told me its medically impossible for me not to have one but what that means? :shrug:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

LOL

AITA For explaining to a man who refused to mind his busness what happens in graphic detail what happens if I drink regular cows milk in my latte.

OP did nothing wrong. NTA.

Dude experiences massive psychic and emotional damage just being adjacent to someone quietly enjoying something he doesn't like. Guys like this are why "but what about the meat eaters" complaints at vegan wedding receptions exist.

Fatty posted:

I was getting "wife hides all her dirty dishes in the closet" vibes off this story till the end :kimchi:

Baron Zephyrus posted:

AITA for saying "circumcision" when the office lady wouldn't stop asking me what my sick day was for?

Well, he finally found a reason she'd accept....

I think combating assholery with assholery is justified here.

lol at the people in this guy's life telling him he can just walk away from conversations at work like he's talking to a Bethesda npc

I mean you can do that tbf but they're going to be just as pissed

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 12, 2023

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cowslips Warren posted:

almost reads like bait

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cowslips Warren posted:

Its weird how consistently brain injuries make people conservative and religious. I've never heard a single example of some religious conservative getting a head injury and suddenly waking up woke, it's always the reverse.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
AITA for telling my friend’s GF to stop this poo poo when she pulled out tarot cards?

quote:

I put a TLDR right at the bottom

My (24m) best friend Lewis (24m) has a girlfriend who is super weird, not just in the way she acts but her whole personality too. She believes in tarot cards, palmistry, crystal energy and all that sort of crazy stuff.

He started to bring her to group meetups & she seemed like a relatively chill person, she was just chatting and smoking some pot and stuff. One time when I was at Lewis’ house though she started to ask me what my zodiac sign is & telling me what crystals “match my energy”. There was another time when one of our other friends was going through a breakup, and she just straight up said to him “i guess that’s what happens when a Virgo dates a Aries”.

It’s just my personal opinion that anyone who believes in this stuff probably has a screw loose up there. But I didn’t say anything cause that’s his girlfriend. She started to talk about this poo poo more and more.

I invited Lewis round to my house one day and when he arrived his GF was there too. I wasn’t rude or anything, but also wasn’t super friendly to her because I didn’t even invite her. For a while we were watching a movie, until she pulled out a pack of those tarot cards.

She started telling me that she wanted to give me a reading, I said no thanks. But she started pushing saying that she just wants to see what my reading comes out as. I think the fact that this was in MY house and that I hadn’t even invited her made me fly off the handle, and I ended up saying loud, but not shouting at all, “I have a reading for you : stop with this poo poo and get real”.

She asked if I was being serious and Lewis thought I was joking. I kept a straight face and said I wasn’t, and that I was fed up with all this psycho poo poo. His gf started crying & calling me names and Lewis said “why are you being such a dick” before leaving.

A few other friends that know us all have literally agreed with me, saying that she tries to push that poo poo on anyone and they’re fed up too. But some others say that I should have just let her do it to get it over and done with. AITA?

TL;DR - My best friend’s GF believes in crazy spirituality poo poo. When she tried to give me a tarot card reading, i said no but she kept pushing. i finally told her “I have a reading for you : stop this poo poo and get real”. They got upset, but some of my friends don’t blame me. AITA?

Edit because I forgot to mention and someone’s comment made me remember : I don’t know if this is true or not but Lewis has said to us once that his GF has some kind of personality disorder but wouldn’t specify what. Idk if that’s part of the reason for her behaviour

reddit is full of YTA and telling him he should have just kept saying No, but at some point if the No doesn't work, I think it's okay to scream it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Imagine his girlfriend was a Baptist and kept puking out the Bible and asking to go over a chapter with you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Imagine his girlfriend was a Baptist and kept puking out the Bible and asking to go over a chapter with you

Yeah this is where Im at. Just cause your religion isnt organized doesn't mean I gotta deal with it all day.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Why did the cat only take his pajama strings and not the wife’s?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Because she's home with the pants on and he's at work and maybe leaves his PJs strewn about the house.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is this a reverse The Exorcist situation?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Whenever I hear about the drastic, and often detrimental, personality changes that can come from a TBI, I am eternally grateful that mine really only just practically nuked my short term memory, and gave me seizures that destroy my ability to read and spell for a short time.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

To sow mistrust and discord among his rivals. Divide and conquer.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my friend’s GF to stop this poo poo when she pulled out tarot cards?

reddit is full of YTA and telling him he should have just kept saying No, but at some point if the No doesn't work, I think it's okay to scream it.

ugh, losing your cool and yelling at someone is such a leo thing to do

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Barudak posted:

Yeah this is where Im at. Just cause your religion isnt organized doesn't mean I gotta deal with it all day.

insisting to talk about anything someone doesn't want to is rude as anything, religion or not

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Imagine having plans with a friend and they choose to bring their partner without invitation

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Whenever I hear about the drastic, and often detrimental, personality changes that can come from a TBI, I am eternally grateful that mine really only just practically nuked my short term memory, and gave me seizures that destroy my ability to read and spell for a short time.

Round these parts we call that a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Zephyrus
Apr 17, 2018

ApplesandOranges posted:

Maybe the cat likes the husband's scent more than the wife's and wants to play with them more? Maybe the cat has easier access to his strings and is lazy? Maybe his pants are made of material the cat likes more? Or maybe the wife's pants' strings are more "attached" or otherwise harder to get? Cats are weird little assholes and do things for reasons we can't always fully understand. I love them so much.

litany of gulps posted:

To sow mistrust and discord among his rivals. Divide and conquer.

Also possible.