Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Venomous posted:

lmao I didn't even have to wait that long https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1711921437533946305

not only did he take away the Jr., he took away the Pillman too

won't be long until they take away the Brian, what with the copyrighted name being 'Lexis King'

Why does his hair and beard look sharpie'd on??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/WhoElseButRami/status/1711922273001902186

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ohhh my gawwwdd

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Joey McChrist posted:

ohhh my gawwwdd

I believe you mean

https://twitter.com/USANetwork/status/1711921550751154257?s=20

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This angle would be good if beepie was good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

*Beepie putting shoe polish on his chin*

“This is cinema”

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
When you're cold, even when you do everything right it's wrong.

When you're hot, even a Brian Pillman Jr gets over.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t remember that particular lovecraftian quote

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Big win for AyKay

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gumball Gumption posted:

This angle would be good if beepie was good.

Yeah, a frustrated son in the shadow of his father's legacy is a cool angle, especially as a contrast to Cody trying to live up to his father.

The other problem is they already have better implementations of pretty much all of the ways you can go with that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1712219946212573429?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thinking about the second tweet in the context of the first and what someone thinks the Von Erichs being involved could improve.

https://twitter.com/MarshallVonEric/status/1712117196686598560

https://twitter.com/trillmoregirls/status/1712162156211323221

I guess more Jesus, which is important.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ah yes, AEW surely is doomed because it got less viewers than NXT on a week when a) it was pre-empted due to the MLB playoffs and b) Shawn Michaels had to drag Cena and the Undertaker to the PC in a ratings grab.

When was the last time NXT beat AEW without pre-emption anyway? Was it the last head-to-head before NXT went to Tuesdays?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

Ah yes, AEW surely is doomed because it got less viewers than NXT on a week when a) it was pre-empted due to the MLB playoffs and b) Shawn Michaels had to drag Cena and the Undertaker to the PC in a ratings grab.

When was the last time NXT beat AEW without pre-emption anyway? Was it the last head-to-head before NXT went to Tuesdays?

NXT lost that one too.

But AEW is doomed because they did the same rating as last year. Or slightly higher, I forget if they did .24 or .26 last year.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I thought they won the final one because a) it was the pre-Mania PPV-lite (was it Stand and Deliver back then?) and b) it was a funny bit of irony that stuck in my memory.

But yeah, if we take the logic to the extreme we better take the book from Triple H because Monday Night Football exists.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

I thought they won the final one because a) it was the pre-Mania PPV-lite (was it Stand and Deliver back then?) and b) it was a funny bit of irony that stuck in my memory.

But yeah, if we take the logic to the extreme we better take the book from Triple H because Monday Night Football exists.

Nope, AEW won that one too. NXT only won the week of the Dark Order beatdown at the end of 2019.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Basically no matter what happens Tony MUST rehire cm punk

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ah yes, WWE building new stars like Brian Pillman Jr. Lexis King Beeple.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Wake up, beeple

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Dawgstar posted:

Ah yes, WWE building new stars like Brian Pillman Jr. Lexis King Beeple.

I still read WWE recaps when it's slow at work. The fact that WWE, in all these years, just has not learned how to use old stars coming in for a one off besides having them beat up the talent they're actually trying to build up, with no hope of making anything out of it, is hilarious to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Something random I remembered about Leslie. He subscribed to twitter blue but was too embarrassed to admit it so he hid the checkmark but would still edit tweets or post higher than normal character count tweets so it was obvious he was a subscriber. Meanwhile he complained how awful Twitter (now X dot com) was and how he was leaving for Threads.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That is a terminal case of engagement brain

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why does his hair and beard look sharpie'd on??

For a second I thought beepie was wearing that headgear every edgy 90s superhero used to wear.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That thing was like the anti mask. Covers everything but your face and ears and hair.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm pretty sure it became trendy because much like feet, Rob Liefeld couldn't draw heads.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the head sock became popular before rob liefeld broke out as the biggest comic artist on planet earth, and the feet thing is a stupid meme because nobody draws feet

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Alaois posted:

the head sock became popular before rob liefeld broke out as the biggest comic artist on planet earth, and the feet thing is a stupid meme because nobody draws feet

Nice to meet you, Mr. Liefeld.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rob liefelds art was fine for the first few years and then got worse and worse as time went on and he got "better" at drawing and his current art is just horrible to look at

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i remember the days when id hit the comic shop and all id see everywhere was liefeld and jim lee. couldnt tell if i was looking at a copy of wildcats or x-force. good times

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

rob liefelds art was fine for the first few years and then got worse and worse as time went on and he got "better" at drawing and his current art is just horrible to look at

I dunno, New Mutants 98 is pretty ugly. I've been reading most Marvel from Fantastic Four #1, because I have a horrible completionist sickness, and Liefeld, even putting aside the meme complaints about feet and guns, just has such an ugly style. So much worse than his Image compatriots. And even the complaints that seem based on an old Cracked article are based in a fair complaint.

Suppose I could be willing to grant he was less artistically obnoxious when he was merely drawing Louise Simonson's stories, but by the time he was in charge his books were hard going just as far as looking at.

I dunno, it's also hard to separate Liefeld from the legion of people aping his style over the next 6 or 7 years. Which is not fair but man is it exhausting to read

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

forkboy84 posted:

I dunno, New Mutants 98 is pretty ugly. I've been reading most Marvel from Fantastic Four #1, because I have a horrible completionist sickness, and Liefeld, even putting aside the meme complaints about feet and guns, just has such an ugly style. So much worse than his Image compatriots. And even the complaints that seem based on an old Cracked article are based in a fair complaint.

I think Alaois is talking about earlier stuff, like the first miniseries he did for DC, Hawk & Dove. There The Rob had the very talented Karl Kesel inking his pencils and probably cleaning up a lot.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I think Alaois is talking about earlier stuff, like the first miniseries he did for DC, Hawk & Dove. There The Rob had the very talented Karl Kesel inking his pencils and probably cleaning up a lot.

yeah that and some of the fill-in issues of X-Men he did when they were banging around Australia for a bit

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/RealKrissy275/status/1712219384893087970

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

"it was ok to do that years ago because we were ignorants. Now we are still ignorants but it isn't OK to do that because it's AEW"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Famously nobody knew anti-Semitic jokes were bad until well after the 90s

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the 90s were pretty racist. I was there. We didn't care.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don’t know if I would completely classify as a bad take but whose perception of a secondary brand he is talking about.

https://twitter.com/wai0937/status/1712514844342018434?s=46

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1712561366182326439

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

They've wrestled each other more than 20 times in CMLL.