Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

TEN
EARTH
SHATTERING
BLOWS

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CLOWN CORPS update: here's the four new pages from today, monday, and last wednesday and last monday.

it's a flashback from when Mustard and her thought-to-be-dead-but-is-actually-now-an-evil-mime sister were kids.

the wizard-clown makes another appearance! maybe they'll get to be a character in this chapter.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yess. I had instincts to comment here when those pages came out, and now I actually can. For instance:

It feels meaningful that until now, breaking the 4th wall has been a gimmick unique to McBell, but now we're seeing Maggie do it in this ancient flashback. I don't know how it's meaningful (it could just be a way to highlight parallels in their personalities, and like, Mustard probably saw her sister in McBell to some degree) but it's fun in any case.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 00:59 on Oct 12, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

CYELATM

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I choose to believe that Mustard wanted to be Corndog the Clown to honor that memory of her sister, but had to settle for being Mustard because Corndog the Clown was already taken

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Ditocoaf posted:

Yess. I had instincts to comment here when those pages came out, and now I actually can. For instance:

It feels meaningful that until now, breaking the 4th wall has been a gimmick unique to McBell, but now we're seeing Maggie do it in this ancient flashback. I don't know how it's meaningful (it could just be a way to highlight parallels in their personalities, and like, Mustard probably saw her sister in McBell to some degree) but it's fun in any case.

sorry ta keep ya waitin, i will probably post either 2 a week or 4 every two weeks from here on out in the thread.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, when did Maggie tragically die? It's entirely possible she was Corndog the Clown.

Ditocoaf posted:

they're also the clowns with reactive routines, there's a fair few parallels

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Jos3ph meets Wumuu's chariot head on, and uses the warhammer to vault himself onto the horses! He moves to attack, but Wummu has disappeared! Wumuu's hand reaches out from within the horse and grabs Jos3ph's leg!

Read right to left:

Chapter 100 - Destroy Wamuu's Monster Truck, Part 6

Uh oh! I've seen this one before and it didn't turn out great for the guy that got hit!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

lol drat i forgot how often early jojo's had guys popping out of horses as a tactic.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Elbow deep in a horse.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, when did Maggie tragically die? It's entirely possible she was Corndog the Clown.

possibly, but I believe going the other way would allow for better comedic timing

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

MokBa posted:

CYELATM

These are both too good.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

School of World

Tomb

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

they're also the clowns with reactive routines, there's a fair few parallels

I wouldn't be surprised if this chapter is working towards a more decisive confrontation between McBell and Maggie. It'll probably end with them both teaming up to take on the real villain by annoying the piss out of them with fourth wall breaking non sequiturs.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I;m finally thinking about thos Clowns again :unsmith:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

the clowns are back in town, spread the word around

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

the clowns are back in town, spread the word pies around

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#280: Mad Doctorate - Juzdie Mega Man! Juzdie!

#282: Mad Doctorate - Exclamation Point

#283: Mad Doctorate - An Old Fashioned Joedown

MS Paint Masterpieces
#284: Mad Doctorate - Grand Theft Teleporter

#285: Mad Doctorate - Ultra Gamer

#287: Mad Doctorate - Knock Knock

TAS related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5pz6waED0w

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Last time, on Vigils for Friends:

Today: Ain't it always the case - you try and explore things in an existential manner and nobody listens

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This mystery better be resolved, or I take back everything good I've ever said about this comic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I;m finally thinking about thos Clowns again :unsmith:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Happy to see Clown Corps back!

GREAT
by Ryan Armand

You know those days when you're in hospital while your wife discovers her superpowers as a parent and a ramen chef??

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Extremely excited to hear that Lavender Jack not only is complete but extensive.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 20: License to Cruelty

I feel like I need to jump in here with a historical note. While it is certainly true that Nobunaga died at Honnō-ji and there are definitely people who suspect Hideyoshi having something to do with it, there is no evidence to suggest that Hideyoshi personally infiltrated the temple to cut Nobunaga in half. The author is taking a bit of liberty to make things interesting here. I just... don't want anyone getting the wrong idea and embarrassing themselves at dinner or something. We're in Da Vinci Code territory now.

Also lol, Sasuke sensed a disturbance in the Force Tea.

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 16: Of Departure

An ominous mist that blocks radio transmissions and wipes the memories of anyone who enters it sitting in the middle of downtown Tokyo? Eh, I'm sure there's a scientific explanation.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

This mystery better be resolved, or I take back everything good I've ever said about this comic

I see you forgot about the ghostly shite from the Bellsand Whistle story!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ghosts have bum* holes, but they are also bum** holes

*butt
**not very good or useful

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Knife to meet you too!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Hello Knife, I'm Dad!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man I wonder how Nobunaga gets out of this one! :v

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I appreciate the visuals but this seems like a goo place to ask: are there actually well documented instances of a single sword swipe bisecting a man? decapitations don't count.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I googled it (and now I'm on like seven watchlists, thanks) and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQiaurIiDM

Guy at the end sliced through two pig carcasses in one swing. Have to say I found the meat stuffed into clothing tests a little disturbing. Makes you wonder a little bit about what the people designing the test would really like to test on, and why.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

missing something

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

By popular demand posted:

missing something

:eyepop:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

By popular demand posted:

missing something

Amazing.

At least Freyr seems to have shifted his goals to just wooing her, albeit through someone else. Last update made it seem he wanted to kidnap the poor woman.

Hempuli posted:

Feels really nice to see what's seemingly just a wholesome comic about Dad Who Likes To Cook (And Is Also A Good Dad And Loving Husband). Thanks for posting!

You're welcome! Here's some more!

Cook 2: Ice Cream for Relieving Overtime Exhaustion

Cooking Papa: master of deception.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Cooking Papa is a stooge of capitalism.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the balls on that bartley, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Samovar posted:

Cooking Papa is a stooge of capitalism.

Unfortunately yes. though I hear Japanese culture has fallen significantly less enamored with capitalist hierarchies since this comic was published.