Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
wow the lighting on that is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Astros fans are basically just the new Patriots fans. Simultaneously being smug about all the winning while also seeming forever put out that baseball fans have functioning memories and hold grudges. Can you imagine? Not with my precious team.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quoting for a new page

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:eyepop:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Heir of Isildur getting called out

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

STAC Goat posted:

Astros fans are basically just the new Patriots fans. Simultaneously being smug about all the winning while also seeming forever put out that baseball fans have functioning memories and hold grudges. Can you imagine? Not with my precious team.

It’s more that none of us have anything to do with the decision to cheat or any of the other lovely things the org did during that period but we’re still guilty by association.

You of all people, who’s (rightly!) called out others for making it miserable to be a fan of a certain team in the past, can hopefully empathize with just not wanting to post about your team and your games because it’s just not fun seeing the billionth “bang the cans” reply to every single Astros-related post.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

bawfuls posted:

I don't care.

Ah, see, here's the problem.

Even so, I'm going to point out that it's not a matter of JUST the Astros. What if the Dodgers play the Yankees? What if Kershaw didn't have it going that day against Random Team X? The whole point is that you can't just HAND THE SERIES TO THE DODGERS just because the Astros DID UNEQUIVOCALLY CHEAT, WHICH THEY DID.

They totally cheated. MLB should have given the team sanctions that meant something. But not only do we NOT KNOW what would have happened had they NOT cheated (it turns out those pitchers were still really good, and those hitters for the most part are still really good sans bangs) we ESPECIAPLY don't know what would have happened had they played some other team.

You can't say Kershaw should get accolades he still might not have gotten just because. The *whole thing* is thrown into question. *Including* what Kershaw "would" have done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s more that none of us have anything to do with the decision to cheat or any of the other lovely things the org did during that period but we’re still guilty by association.

You of all people, who’s (rightly!) called out others for making it miserable to be a fan of a certain team in the past, can hopefully empathize with just not wanting to post about your team and your games because it’s just not fun seeing the billionth “bang the cans” reply to every single Astros-related post.

It sucks. But as you said it happens to others and often from the same fans upset it’s happening to them. And then a vicious cycle of sour grapes and shittalking develops.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

All timer wow

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
:yikes:

Holy poo poo that’s amazing

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It looks like a painting

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Harper feels like a guy straight out of the 70s

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Laughing at all the Atlantians who worked themselves into a frenzy of disbelief

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1712274405454147880

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I still have yet to see anyone say he didn’t actually say it. The closest I’ve seen was someone saying he barely speaks English so he may not have understood what he was saying or repeated someone.

But at the same time the absolute meltdown of Phillies fans and Bryce staring him down over something as milquetoast as “atta boy” you’d think he’d called him a pussy or something like that.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1712283271340441861?s=20

lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Seven ALCSes? In a row?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol I love this narrative that Philly fans melted down over it

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ketel :stare:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol I love this narrative that Philly fans melted down over it

Yeah no all the signs and chants and posts about it were just in good fun. It was taken super personally. Lol “narrative”

Which is fine, it got the crowd hype. But I also find it silly thinking that a guy like Bryce needs something like that as motivation but I guess he took it personally too, it worked out for him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

All this talk about the Wild Card teams being at a massive advantage and the rules need to be changed…

…and the Astros just keep. Winning!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I said in the gdt: Bryce is like 70% baseball player 30% professional wrestler. He loves drama and angles

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kirios posted:

All this talk about the Wild Card teams being at a massive advantage and the rules need to be changed…

…and the Astros just keep. Winning!

If I were the Dodgers/Braves/Orioles I would simply defeat the lower seeded team

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah no all the signs and chants and posts about it were just in good fun. It was taken super personally. Lol “narrative”

Which is fine, it got the crowd hype. But I also find it silly thinking that a guy like Bryce needs something like that as motivation but I guess he took it personally too, it worked out for him.

Bringing signs to a baseball game means you melted down? Lmao.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I blame the Seattle Mariners for allowing this to happen

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My dad wants the family to go to an ALCS game, but I'm going to say no because I'm an Astros fan and he's a Rangers fan and he should know better than to have split alliances in a family trip.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Pungry posted:

For the love of god, take it to the Astros containment thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023914

The playoff thread is the Astros containment thread.

On to the Annual Astros Invitational - 7 straight ALCS, 5 with home field, one with COVID and one we were unfairly cheated out of by Alex Cora and the sign stealing 2018 Red Sox.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Welp. Gonna hitch my wagon to the Dodgers, Snakes, or Phillies. Ideally one of the latter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

Welp. Gonna hitch my wagon to the Dodgers

bad news

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Joey Freshwater posted:

yeah it ruled i hope he takes it even more personal the next game

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

Welp. Gonna hitch my wagon to the Dodgers, Snakes, or Phillies. Ideally one of the latter.

I wouldn't pick the Dodgers if I were you. You'll have to pick again soon enough anyways.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man I’m so loving happy.

I love you all!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Kirios posted:

Man I’m so loving happy.

I love you all!

Happiness is for suckers.

Real sports fans drown in misery.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Bringing signs to a baseball game means you melted down? Lmao.

Lmao yeah taking something as boring as “atta boy” and making signs, raging about it and taking it as a personal affront is melting down, glad you got it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

Man I’m so loving happy.

I love you all!

love u too!

I'll be back at MMP Sunday

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

love u too!

I'll be back at MMP Sunday

Dude I’m gonna be in Texas next week (For the USGP) and I’ll be down in Houston Sunday and Monday to visit family.

I’m…probably gonna attend a game one of those days! Let’s loving go!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I resent the Phillies for being likable enough to keep me engaged.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I resent the Phillies for being likable enough to keep me engaged.

Larry Anderson is my fave cc guy in the biz

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't begin to say how relieved I was that Correa didn't get to bat in the 9th

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

I can't begin to say how relieved I was that Correa didn't get to bat in the 9th

That woulda been some storybook narrative bullshit and he absolutely would have walked it off, no doubt in my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lmao yeah taking something as boring as “atta boy” and making signs, raging about it and taking it as a personal affront is melting down, glad you got it

it's actually being extremely cool