Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

German police arrest Palestine solidarity demonstrators
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1712271871167647823

I got a feeling this is coming in the U.S. too. If not banning protests ahead of time, then breaking them up immediately on whatever pretext.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Echo Chamber posted:

maybe im projecting, but i definitely feel like this propaganda is less about swaying people and more about scaring anyone into voicing an alternative narrative.

US public opinion for israel has been less confident than was 20 years ago.

i mean there's been the number of ridiculous and unenforceable anti-bds employment laws and the like in recent years, so it's not unprecedented

but it seems more like they just underestimated the degree to which opinion has shifted

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

goth smoking cloves posted:

https://twitter.com/LeviYonit/status/1471821911827091459?s=20

This was one of the more famous examples

Note that his issue with American Jews is they don't support Israelhim enough :thunk:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hmmmmm
https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1712184937049186401?t=EN0CP8J_XKs4a0qsCnW-9Q&s=19

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

The Voice of Labor posted:

capital is real, yahweh is not

as purely symbolic entities, they are real in the same way

edit: ok, maybe capital is more real like christendom than it is real like yahweh. and they’re both real in ways that are distinct from how the number 3 is real. or “the sky”

Tungsten has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Oct 12, 2023

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

tds recognize tds, its really funny and petty and he criticized israel at the funniest time to do so

it is extremely funny yeah

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

idf bootlickers inciting violence on alliesservants' citizens who don't toe the line isn't surprising but still gross

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Off topic, but Jesus gently caress, he looks tired. No wonder he's not going on television as much. The memes in 2020 were about this being the first election where neither candidate could draw a clock and now they're both four years closer to death and we're just trotting the same decrepit assholes out again. There isn't even a choice.

drat, it kicks rear end living in the world's greatest democracy. Two dead guys sleepily murmuring about whether the Arabs are being genocided fast enough.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

too bad you can only win a defamation suit in the united states if you are like, literally johnny depp

MostlyLucid
Mar 1, 2007
I've seen the "Illusionary truth effect" sometimes also referred to as the Woozle Effect.

"The Woozle effect is somewhat similar to circular reporting in journalism, where someone makes a questionable claim, a journalist unthinkingly accepts it and republishes it not realizing its dubious and unreliable origins, and other journalists and the public continue to repeat and duplicate the unsupported claim".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woozle_effect

We saw this with the backwashing of false information during the weapons inspections in Iraq with the doctored WMD reports (as well as the incubators, chemical weapons etc etc.)

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Buttchocks posted:

I watched BlackkKlansman yesterday. It's a good movie and it's profoundly sad how little some things change, but what really stuck in me was that the screed in the opening scene was almost the exact same rhetoric that I'd seen published over the past few days on mainstream news. I think if you find yourself unironically quoting a Grand Wizard, it's time to do some self-examination.

how close is it to the book? I've read it but it seemed so loving surreal

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Anyways can anyone recommend somewhere to donate to, maybe add a link in the OP? Sorry if I missed any already posted. Watching this all unfold is pretty disgusting and seems like there's not much to do besides argue with people and say that Palestinians are humans actually. Death to Israel imo.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

AxGrap posted:

Anyways can anyone recommend somewhere to donate to, maybe add a link in the OP? Sorry if I missed any already posted. Watching this all unfold is pretty disgusting and seems like there's not much to do besides argue with people and say that Palestinians are humans actually. Death to Israel imo.

lmao
e: https://www.pcrf.net/

Hatebag has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Oct 12, 2023

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

doctors without borders is usually a good bet for donations

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shipon posted:

considering the person holding up that phone was an indian guy and facing the camera instead of the direction of the march my thought would be "loving modi supporter, why don't you go support some toilets being built in your country"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao lets gooooooooo

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

AxGrap posted:

Anyways can anyone recommend somewhere to donate to, maybe add a link in the OP?

yeah, we're currently crowdfunding some $1200 pants for brother aziz, please chip in

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

as loathe as i am to quote let alone lol at piece of poo poo ai art:

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

stfu LeMickey

such hippie bullshit lol

quote:

What could lessen its power, drain it of some of that fuel? True solidarity. Humanism that unites people across ethnic and religious lines. Fierce opposition to all forms of identity-based hatred, including antisemitism. An international left rooted in values that side with the child over the gun every single time, no matter whose gun and no matter whose child. A left that is unshakably morally consistent, and does not mistake that consistency with moral equivalency between occupier and occupied. Love.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Smythe posted:

as loathe as i am to quote let alone lol at piece of poo poo ai art:

lol

its hosed up they banned him for a month he just wants to play warhammer and dismantle the apartheid state

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tiler Kiwi posted:

whoa whoa whoa, genocide is bad... for business!!!

violation of article 1 section 8, the world famous commerce clause. it now unconstitutional to support israel. MODS?

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

“A propaganda system will consistently portray people in enemy states as worthy victims”

Orbis Tertius has issued a correction as of 05:36 on Oct 12, 2023

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Have you heard of the Sepoy Mutiny, by any chance?

A few years back I remember somebody saying things weren't that bad for the Indians under British Rule, then someone posted a sketch from the 1800's of a bunch of Indians tied to the front of lit cannons.

After looking up the Sepoy Mutiny, I now know where that sketch came from.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Oct 12, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Took these people less than a week to go from "Clean Waffen-SS" to "Clean Hitler"

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

tristeham posted:

stfu LeMickey

such hippie bullshit lol

leftism is about loving your rulers

that occupied and occupier line lol

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

the US has two carriers heading to the ongoing massacre while the Pacific carrier is chilling at an old massacre site
https://twitter.com/TimothyS/status/1712282106921902459

the propaganda blitz will have an impact but this wasn't true

https://news.gallup.com/poll/472070/democrats-sympathies-middle-east-shift-palestinians.aspx

I'm going to guess most Americans don't want US troops dying to protect Israel

If this doesn't move a good deal more favorable torwards Israel in polls after this attack I would be suprised. All most americans are hearinag about are beheaded babies.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Clip-On Fedora posted:

A few years back I remember somebody saying things weren't that bad for the Indians under British Rule, then someone posted a sketch from the 1800's of a bunch of Indians tied to the front of lit cannons.

After looking up the Sepoy Mutiny, now I know where that sketch came from.

That famous sketch was made by a russian artist iirc. Due to the great game russia was more interested than most in showing the brits as barbaric. Also it has been great seeing century-and-a-half takes on the swarthy native raping the pure and chaste european woman. Hell much like during the mutiny, Miss Louk was pretty much saved by the people whom the press condemned as her violators.

Tankbuster has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Oct 12, 2023

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/adamelmahrek/status/1712262752637698099?t=5WHtPhL03du6eU3h9QzvsA&s=19

lmfao

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Took these people less than a week to go from "Clean Waffen-SS" to "Clean Hitler"

it's almost like this completely ahistorical nazi apologia isn't coherent

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

HEY IDF

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

tristeham posted:

stfu LeMickey

such hippie bullshit lol

Naomi Klein would not shoot child Hitler

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

maruhkati posted:

Off topic, but Jesus gently caress, he looks tired. No wonder he's not going on television as much. The memes in 2020 were about this being the first election where neither candidate could draw a clock and now they're both four years closer to death and we're just trotting the same decrepit assholes out again. There isn't even a choice.

drat, it kicks rear end living in the world's greatest democracy. Two dead guys sleepily murmuring about whether the Arabs are being genocided fast enough.

Voting for Chaotic Evil vs Lawful Evil

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Green frog supports the struggle for Palestinian liberation

a racist pole
May 16, 2015

Starsfan posted:

It's not clear to me that there won't be huge pushback against Israel coming down the pipe as they push forward with their genocide

lol rube

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Poppers posted:

someone gonna call this a pepe and show their whole rear end

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Poppers posted:

this is the autistic one