Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
It's been mentioned before but I recently read After School Mate and I appreciate how short and simple it is. The latter half focuses on the MC's friend having self-loathing due to having feelings for MC, because it means they still see him as a female. I think it's interesting how it's not treated as a failure of his character, that you can't really help how you feel or what preferences you have, but you can still be their friend and treat them the way they want to be treated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how do we relationship status: still extremely good

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

Woohoo! God I love their work.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Since you said you're fairly new to romance manga, you might not have checked out Kase San and Morning Glories! It's a fairly standard high school romance, but with two twists: They get together very quickly, and the author followed it up with a sequel, Yamada and Kase-San, which follows the girls as their relationship continues to develop once they've gone to college! Also was adapted to an anime film that is very cute.
Yes! This was absolutely wonderful, oh my god. I watched the film too and it's so lovely. The two of them singing a duet over the credits was so cute I might just have died. 😊

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

It Would Be Great If You Didn't Exist/Wish You Were Gone is one of my personal favs. A guy cheats on his girlfriend, but oops both the girls he was dating are bi and they dump him and get together instead. The comedic moments remind me a lot of the super exaggerated comedy in Ring my Bell, though it also gets way more serious when it gets serious.
This was really drat good. Their dynamic is incredibly fun and you get quite a few kickass side characters too (Esther 😍). I also liked Alyssa quite a bit even though... all that happened. I found the violence/abuse intensely disturbing and horrific. It seems like I get very emotionally vulnerable when reading something romantic and it makes stuff like that so much worse than seeing it in a thriller or whatnot... Maybe it's a bit too close to home.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Ise-san and Shima-san occupies a similar place in my brain for me. Similar lite comedic feel. Its "subtext" (though one is a lesbian).
Really liked this too. I previously read the same authors' very intense tragedy 'Composing Spring in This Room Where Cherry Blossoms Bloom'. There's quite a unique feeling to their work, a very loving yet sad sentimentality that even shows when they're writing happy stories. They're really good.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. I'll be reading them all when I get the time!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I bought a copy of Éclair Blanche entirely for this chapter by Eri Ejima, in which I would like to share here:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/MuHjJcI/1/1/

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RuBisCO posted:

I bought a copy of Éclair Blanche entirely for this chapter by Eri Ejima, in which I would like to share here:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/MuHjJcI/1/1/

Is this the creator of Young Ladies Don’t Play Fighting Games? Because I was just about to recommend that series here

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Is this the creator of Young Ladies Don’t Play Fighting Games? Because I was just about to recommend that series here

Sure is! I adore YLDPFG and wanted to look what else was available by them in English print

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Poor, foolish, classmates in The Guy She Was Interested In Wasn't A Guy At All - you're meant to mumble the verse but belt out the chorus.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I could be Koga sans friend

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
One shot, Doorbell and Idol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

loved this one. the yuri of time passing with no contact, but thinking of her...

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

Some fun little Ring My Bell extras from Yeongol's twitter.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Isn't The Moon Beautiful by Itou Hachi is finally finished scanlating. :toot:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All has a few new short stories from Mitsuki's childhood and I relate too much to it :gbsmith:

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

Shiori and Yuki

One-off featuring a woman who gets together with a single mom after a chance encounter with their little daughter. It's very beautiful.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/Color_LES/status/1712277866036207957?s=20

Final episode goes up on Nov 1.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

StupidNameNobody posted:

Shiori and Yuki

One-off featuring a woman who gets together with a single mom after a chance encounter with their little daughter. It's very beautiful.

this one pwns

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I kind of fell off it after everyone gets a backstory and theres isekai heroes along and things got a bit overstuffed. Does it get better?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

StupidNameNobody posted:

Shiori and Yuki

It's real good

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I kind of fell off it after everyone gets a backstory and theres isekai heroes along and things got a bit overstuffed. Does it get better?

As it approaches a conclusion, the pacing improves and the excess characters either get something meaningful to do or get off the stage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been putting off watching the rest of Birdie Wing because once I finish it, there isnt more! Sob! But I've been catching up and my gay idiot heart was tying itself in knots during the big revelations season 2 episode to try and make the relationship still work without being completely icky.

AND I WAS RIGHT AHAHAHAHAHA D:

edit: watching more and im SO GLAD these girls arent idiots and are able to put things together themselves.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 12, 2023

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Is anyone scanlating She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

lunar detritus posted:

https://bato.to/series/112781/tsukuritai-onna-to-tabetai-onna

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I found that link but it only has up to volume two and apparently the manga is up to volume four. :negative:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Some cute twitter extra comics got translated for I Love Amy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Synthbuttrange posted:

I've been putting off watching the rest of Birdie Wing because once I finish it, there isnt more! Sob! But I've been catching up and my gay idiot heart was tying itself in knots during the big revelations season 2 episode to try and make the relationship still work without being completely icky.

AND I WAS RIGHT AHAHAHAHAHA D:

edit: watching more and im SO GLAD these girls arent idiots and are able to put things together themselves.

i was surprised when people fell for the plot development because the amuro stuff was super heavily foreshadow, but hey Eve has no time for melodrama and just speedruns half a season of plot because she already figured it out.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

lunar detritus posted:

It has an official English release

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

StupidNameNobody posted:

Shiori and Yuki

this is real good

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

It has an official English release

Up to volume 2 (3 in a couple of days), I was hoping scanlations would be up to date but I guess everyone dropped it when it got licensed.

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

I watched The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady (incredibly long-winded title). This is a novel series that got adapted into an animated show earlier this year.

I've seen a few shows that purported to have lesbian couples that wound up being a bit disappointing, basically wrapped in plausible deniability, subtext and so on... I was really happy to watch this for a few reasons: the first being that our heroic princess is openly lesbian with zero room for doubt. But even better, Anis and Euphie are both such fun and powerful characters. The two leads being some of the most influential, powerful people in the whole world is a very fun thing to see for me!

Even though it's a bit of a cliché for male characters, I found it really cool to have these two face off in combat to decide by sheer strength their own futures. They're powerful people with a strong will and motivations. Euphie, being somewhat equivalent to Jesus in their kingdom and straight-up being a lesbian or bi at the very least, is awesome in its own right.

My favourite part is final episode where Euphie makes her feelings extremely clear to Anis, and explicitly says her feelings are romantic in nature; she will accept friendship or comradery from Anis but having declared her love says "if you can, I'd like you to accept this feeling for what it is," after kissing Anis, god damnnnnnn. I love how unambiguous and loving it is. Euphie's power is represented as a rainbow coloured lily and even her sword is called rainbow! Waaaah! My god, if only stuff like this existed when I was a kid... My life would really have been so different.

After watching this, I went off and read the novels and I found them really fun and interesting. It's hilarious how Euphie (yeug spoilers) is such an overwhelming gay presence all the time, far more than Anis ever could be. Anis talks a big game but Euphie walks the walk without the slightest hint of shame and practically waves the lesbian flag as she goes. When she becomes queen, she announces her love for Anis to the whole of the nobility during the coronation ceremony, makes it part of her coronation speech and kisses Anis in front of everybody! Whoa! Holy poo poo!! It's incredible. I wound up rereading that part quite a few times! :D

Bonus points for supportive parents! Hooray!

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

lmao this series is such fun 😊

StupidNameNobody fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 15, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

As a small note, the English physical release of volume 1 is later this month! :toot:

edit:

oh girl...

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 16, 2023

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

RuBisCO posted:

As a small note, the English physical release of volume 1 is later this month! :toot:

Where can I buy it and under what title? I tried to google the official release and failed.

Ah, never mind, found it: https://yenpress.com/series/monthly-in-the-garden-with-my-landlord

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

RuBisCO posted:

edit:

oh girl...

tiny gay :3

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

New Voice First, Face Second, Hollyhock chapter. Honestly can't help but find this one incredibly corny but god I love Yodokawa's faces so who cares.

Also Girl's Arcadia has some sequel stuff coming out.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Has anyone here read The Summer Hikaru Died?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i finished watching .hack//sign and this koichi mashimo fella has made some good shows for homosexuals

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

Another heartwarming one-off: I Hope It's Sunny Tomorrow by Shino Hirofumi. Stories with happy gay parents are the perfect balm for my soul ❤

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Has anyone here read The Summer Hikaru Died?

I just got and read volume 2 yesterday, what's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A Couple Diverging is a one-shot by by U-temo, who's currently got an on-going series called Yuri is taboo to a yuri otaku - it's extremely bitter-sweet, but sometimes that's good too.

Also, I Guess My Childhood Friend Wasn't A Boy is a one-shot by Muromaki, who I can't say I'm too familiar with - but it's real powerful stuff.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 20, 2023