Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Trump can hold a grudge like nobody else. He's probably still pissed at Benjamin Netanyahu for not helping him out during the 2020 election. And after he got him that very nice embassy in Jerusalem too! That's the only reason why he's making GBS threads on him.

I really don't give a gently caress though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
dti

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/11/israel-hamas-war-live-gaza-faces-growing-humanitarian-catastrophe

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Oct 12, 2023

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

CODChimera posted:

maga communism is the only way

Unironically Infrared Haz is the most CSPAM pilled political Youtuber/streamer

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

When you see a nation pondering nuking a civilian population but you're still mad they didn't support your dumb rear end so you call them weak for not going through with it.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

when israel is destroyed, which weird little fascist colonial settlement will the aipac reform itself in support of?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Took these people less than a week to go from "Clean Waffen-SS" to "Clean Hitler"
thats a clean burnin hitler i tell you h'wat

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

The Voice of Labor posted:

when israel is destroyed, which weird little fascist colonial settlement will the aipac reform itself in support of?

Is Galicia still going to be around? Also...maybe just given an island in the Philippines.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

as a reminder to the folks at home, israel is bombing a concentration camp and the west is applauding

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

MostlyLucid posted:

I've seen the "Illusionary truth effect" sometimes also referred to as the Woozle Effect.

"The Woozle effect is somewhat similar to circular reporting in journalism, where someone makes a questionable claim, a journalist unthinkingly accepts it and republishes it not realizing its dubious and unreliable origins, and other journalists and the public continue to repeat and duplicate the unsupported claim".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woozle_effect

We saw this with the backwashing of false information during the weapons inspections in Iraq with the doctored WMD reports (as well as the incubators, chemical weapons etc etc.)

quoting for truth

also winnie the pooh analogy :hellyeah::ducksiren::2bong::comfyoot::dogcited::honked::honked::honked::gerard::hai::bubblewoop::nyan::wotwot:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

as a reminder to the folks at home, israel is bombing a concentration camp and the west is applauding

Humanity is super cool.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The folks at home either don't care or are cheering this on. That's just how it is.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

How about the site admins, all of whom clearly lack the competence to administrate a conversation about Israel/Palestine, stay out of CSPAM forever

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

his own words btw

kissinger also said that if* the soviets did their own holocaust it was none of the US business to interfere with

*the if never happened but US liberals were acting as if it were

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
repent, yisrael

free Palestine

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

it would be so bad if he were to be president again. it would be good but it would be so bad

/accordion hands

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Bouillon Rube posted:

So do some buildings in Gaza still have electricity? It seems like quite a few have lights on still

iirc, israel supplies like 40% of electricity to gaza. or 40% of water. or something

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

wow

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

he should massage his scalp to loosen it up, it needs some oxygen!

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
idf response time looking good yall, these places are like an hour drive from tel-aviv

sorry for the nyt

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dti

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol how the hell was neurolimal "posting about posters"

not a real question, i know it's dnd so malicious and selective enforcement is why

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
https://twitter.com/SeanMcCarthyCom/status/1712213687400911193

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gunshow Poophole posted:

boy it's real post 9/11 hours out here in the USA again I have almost never felt so isolated and alone for holding to a belief

I was 11 and had no real opinions when 9/11 happened. I'm here now though and I'm lucky enough to have some coworkers and friends and family who are fully pro Palestine. My mom was telling me some stuff thread has posted before I could get to her. But yeah it's loving scary right now

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

australia

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There's a bitter irony in seeing every major Western media platform bring the hammer down on pro-Palestinian voices, whether it's the BBC demanding a condemnation of Hamas from a man who just lost his entire family to an Israeli airstrike, to the doxxing of Harvard students, to a Congressional freakout over the position of the DSA

and then have it play out all the way down to these very dead gay comedy forums

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

USA

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

it passed the sniff test

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

If I know my Dragonball Z fandom they then immediately got into a fight about who was Goku and who was Vegeta followed by comparing power levels, which in this case would be oil production.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

oh, so first you criticize Israel for building the concentration camp, and now you're on their asses about bombing it to rubble? make up your loving mind tankie

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Ytlaya posted:

me, as a ghost through an alien time machine: "Andropov, please watch this" *shows Andropov Neon Genesis Evangelion*

I do not understand, why does boy not want to get in robot? Surely he wishes to defend motherland?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's a bitter irony in seeing every major Western media platform bring the hammer down on pro-Palestinian voices, whether it's the BBC demanding a condemnation of Hamas from a man who just lost his entire family to an Israeli airstrike, to the doxxing of Harvard students, to a Congressional freakout over the position of the DSA

and then have it play out all the way down to these very dead gay comedy forums

It still isn't as bad as the first half of the Ukrainian war, they haven't demanded the thread to be shut down and its posters turned in...yet. The media is going more nuts though but in all honesty I haven't seen any Israeli flags anywhere.

I think the actual public is burnt out while the pressure from above is getting harsher.

I got a bad feeling it is going to get a lot worse. I don't think the bombing is going to be enough to crush Hamas or the Gazans, and they are going to try to go in. The way the US is moving carriers around is signaling they are going to at least some Lebanese/Syrian targets. In addition, it is possible the USAF may start sending fighters to Cyprus (which is probably the most reliable base considering the region at the moment). They are going to keep on bombing to try to get their way, and if they can't it is just going to get uglier and probably pull more regional actors in.

Domestically, the war drums are going to be ear splitting, there will be an demand of absolute loyalty or "else" especially if the air campaign isn't enough. It is going to get more ugly if US bases start getting attack or Iran gets involved.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

that’s cause cucked leftist getting caught up debating baby death instead of simply saying Hamas could have beheaded those babies and it doesn't justify Israels response in the least. Its a vain attempt to by your logic arrest the argument for ‘glassing them’ by debate and getting caught in the useless quagmire of arguing over the morality of every single individual combatant.

yep. just keep asking people which of the Three Options they support.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i support logic

edit: afheism.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

logical hitler

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/somegizmo/status/1712324353814077570?t=5-YTN1PKShrVMpOegICnPQ&s=19

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ardennes posted:

It still isn't as bad as the first half of the Ukrainian war, they haven't demanded the thread to be shut down and its posters turned in...yet. The media is going more nuts though but in all honesty I haven't seen any Israeli flags anywhere.

I think the actual public is burnt out while the pressure from above is getting harsher.

I got a bad feeling it is going to get a lot worse. I don't think the bombing is going to be enough to crush Hamas or the Gazans, and they are going to try to go in. The way the US is moving carriers around is signaling they are going to at least some Lebanese/Syrian targets. In addition, it is possible the USAF may start sending fighters to Cyprus (which is probably the most reliable base considering the region at the moment). They are going to keep on bombing to try to get their way, and if they can't it is just going to get uglier and probably pull more regional actors in.

Domestically, the war drums are going to be ear splitting, there will be an demand of absolute loyalty or "else" especially if the air campaign isn't enough. It is going to get more ugly if US bases start getting attack or Iran gets involved.

biden's election was a tragedy we're just beginning to see the magnitude of

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Stringent posted:

biden's election was a tragedy we're just beginning to see the magnitude of

People in this forum thought January 6 was a big deal at one point.

Biden himself is an empty vessel that just takes orders and reads what is given to him. It's is his advisors that are complete lunatics.

That said, if the US does all in, it is going to potentially get real ugly for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ardennes posted:

People in this forum thought January 6 was a big deal at one point.

Biden himself is an empty vessel that just takes orders and reads what is given to him. It's is his advisors that are complete lunatics.

That said, if the US does all in, it is going to potentially get real ugly for everyone.

j6 was a big deal in that it should indicate that the system is flying apart, but we’re all hypernormalized to such a degree that we can’t really process the impending destruction of the contending classes.