Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I scrolled back through your posts in this thread.

generally i find the urge to do this to be a key sign of Needing To Log Off For A Bit

163 is the number of linearly Z-independent McKay-Thompson series for the monster group, which also represent their collective maximum dimensional representation. This fact about 163 might be a clue for understanding monstrous moonshine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I feel like Bibi and Modi probably get along pretty well because they're bo

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If your car bursts into flames, destroys a 20million pound carpark, all the hundreds of other cars in it and grounds hundreds of flights at an international airport for a period of hours/days costing hundreds of thousands of pounds in cancellations and refunds, do they put up your car insurance rate the next year?

It'll depend on the actual cause of the fire. For other insurers to claim against the insurance company of the car that started the fire, they'll have to show that the fire in the original car was caused by negligence on the part of the named individuals on the policy insuring the car where the fire started. And that's more or less going to boil down to "did the car have a valid MOT and were there any advisories that the owner had been advised to handle" and "was the car left running". If the car was off and empty at the time, and there was no reason the owner should have known there was a fire risk, nobody is liable (what's sometimes called an act of god*), so everyone just has to claim on their own insurance.

*Retail insurers generally don't use the phrase "act of god" any more because customers hear that and assume that automatically means no cover (which to be fair it sometimes does, particularly in the US), but it really just means your insurer can't hold [random person the customer blames] responsible cause they didn't do anything wrong.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Surely if it's an act of God then King Charles has to pay for it as Defender of the Faith and His chosen representative on Earth.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I propose that noone is allowed to reduce this thread to some abstract Star Trek bullshit that I don't understand, so NJAN don't make it a big thing that you probably misinterpreted from some TV show

This is a good point: when discussing complex issues, allegories and storytelling can be very helpful, if and only if both parties have a common frame of reference. Otherwise one side will compare a situation to a story from their own literary tradition that the other has no access to, leaving them baffled and confused by “bullshit they don’t understand”

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Scientastic posted:

This is a good point: when discussing complex issues, allegories and storytelling can be very helpful, if and only if both parties have a common frame of reference. Otherwise one side will compare a situation to a story from their own literary tradition that the other has no access to, leaving them baffled and confused by “bullshit they don’t understand”
*nods sagely* Darmok and Jalad, at Tanagra

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Beans, Great Northern, backside.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

TACD posted:

*nods sagely* Darmok and Jalad, at Tanagra

Keith, his eyes open.

Starmer, when the walls fell.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mebh posted:

Keith, his eyes open.

Starmer, when the walls fell.

:hmmyes:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I propose that noone is allowed to reduce this thread to some abstract Star Trek bullshit that I don't understand, so NJAN don't make it a big thing that you probably misinterpreted from some TV show

Oh and I understood the star trek.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

keep punching joe posted:

My conspiracy poisoned brain has determined that the Starmer glitter attack was a false flag op by centrists to make him look tough.

😬😬😬😬😬😬 I feel the same.

Reasons:

- Normally when something like this happens, the media will not rest until they've found out who the person is, what their job is, who their family are, etc. Here, I've not heard a peep.

- In a similar vein: normally we know at least who the person represents. His protest was so milktoast, "politics needs a reset, people's democracy!", that could be anything. He was wearing a shirt with some sort of org's name on it but it was covered by his blazer

- Glitter is the least visually distracting thing he could have done. Surely a Just Stop Oil-style painting, or milkshaking, or what have you is what someone would have done who REALLY wanted to disrupt the speech.

- The whole thing benefits Starmer. It makes "Starmer speech" a trending topic, makes it headline news instead of a usual "opposition leader also made speech" nothing article. And him handling it calmly shows he's "cool under pressure"

- Where I get really conspiratorial: the body language really felt like Keith knew the guy. Holding his hand, not recoiling in any way. Surely he would have considered, "THIS GUY COULD HAVE A KNIFE, MOVE!", especially after the political killings of MPs over the past decade.

I mean, it probably was real. But my bullshit radar has definitely gone off while watching it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bobby Deluxe posted:

To be fair I can also be a wildly inconsistent dick.

I just feel like this is all so profoundly hosed, and there's a solutely nothing we can do? Not just the situation but the situation surrounding the situation. Not being able to say anything after the antisemitism witch hunt against Corbyn. The stuff about prevent a few days ago. And all of these dickheads who don't know anything about politics or the complexity of the territorial conflict who have boiled it down to "Israel are the goodies and if you don't put their flag up you're doing an antisemitism."

Bunch of clueless dipshits lecturing to us from a book they're visibly holding upside down.

This is a drawback with the internet and 24hr news: there's always some poo poo going on somewhere in the world and these days you can't ignore it even if you want to, 'cos it's continually shoved in your face, along with demands that you engage with it and care very much about it.

If it's genuinely getting you down, there's nothing wrong with switching off from current events that you didn't cause and can't do anything to either help or hinder.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Meanwhile, wanted to say thanks to I think Tesseraction for mentioning Ghost Trick a while back. Picked it up as a commute game and it's kept me going for several months, couple of chapters to go.

For a fairly simple puzzle game it's a GOAT contender for presentation alone. Strong contender in the amnesiac cop genre as well...

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Mourning Due posted:

😬😬😬😬😬😬 I feel the same.

Reasons:

- Normally when something like this happens, the media will not rest until they've found out who the person is, what their job is, who their family are, etc. Here, I've not heard a peep.

- In a similar vein: normally we know at least who the person represents. His protest was so milktoast, "politics needs a reset, people's democracy!", that could be anything. He was wearing a shirt with some sort of org's name on it but it was covered by his blazer

- Glitter is the least visually distracting thing he could have done. Surely a Just Stop Oil-style painting, or milkshaking, or what have you is what someone would have done who REALLY wanted to disrupt the speech.

- The whole thing benefits Starmer. It makes "Starmer speech" a trending topic, makes it headline news instead of a usual "opposition leader also made speech" nothing article. And him handling it calmly shows he's "cool under pressure"

- Where I get really conspiratorial: the body language really felt like Keith knew the guy. Holding his hand, not recoiling in any way. Surely he would have considered, "THIS GUY COULD HAVE A KNIFE, MOVE!", especially after the political killings of MPs over the past decade.

I mean, it probably was real. But my bullshit radar has definitely gone off while watching it.

If it makes it worse, I'm pretty sure I saw yesterday he was from some group allied to Just Stop Oil. Draw your own conclusions there.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Mourning Due posted:

😬😬😬😬😬😬 I feel the same.

Reasons:

lol

EvilHawk posted:

If it makes it worse, I'm pretty sure I saw yesterday he was from some group allied to Just Stop Oil. Draw your own conclusions there.

lmao

I mean it doesn't really matter if it's deep state conspiratorial controlled opposition poo poo or simply all idiot liberals doing an idiot liberal thing or any point in the spectrum in-between those when it's going to be utilised in the same ever more transparent and fabricated manner by the scum of the earth to try and eke out as much capital as they can while everything slides ever faster and faster into poo poo

but lol, lmao, regardless

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Chubby Henparty posted:

Meanwhile, wanted to say thanks to I think Tesseraction for mentioning Ghost Trick a while back. Picked it up as a commute game and it's kept me going for several months, couple of chapters to go.

For a fairly simple puzzle game it's a GOAT contender for presentation alone. Strong contender in the amnesiac cop genre as well...

Hell yeah, Ghost Trick is one of the best games ever made and more people should play it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
OK I'm now fully glitter-pilled, that poo poo was a setup. Now the most beige man on the planet is associated with the fun Barbieness of glitter, and he got to demonstrate his constipated stoicism in the face of mild adversity (i.e. a white male being interrupted).

How can I ever learn to trust politicians again :smith:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

So you’re telling me he used Glitter to distract from Savile?

Edit - to further the conspiracy here’s Reeves pretending to be shocked and angry about it

https://twitter.com/chai_ste/status/1712191114076119399?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 12, 2023

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Hell yeah, Ghost Trick is one of the best games ever made and more people should play it.

Lol thank you for not giving me option of buying literally that name and/or av

Maybe No Truce With The Furry Missile...

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Keith was bred in a secret Blairite laboratory specifically to be as personally uninteresting and replaceable as possible, an entirely empty vessel for ideology bringing no principals or opinions of his own. He knew the glitter guy didn't have a knife because nobody could possibly work up the hate to assassinate someone so dull. It'd be pointless anyway since they could just force grow another in the vat with even less personality. He's the Labour right's perfect weapon.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tory majority has increased as an SNP MP has defected to them.

Even if her grievances are valid, go independent, join loving any other party. The voters of East Kilbride didn't vote for a Tory. They haven't since the '55 election

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

forkboy84 posted:

Even if her grievances are valid, go independent, join loving any other party. The voters of East Kilbride didn't vote for a Tory. They haven't since the '55 election

She’s also really into Bitcoin lol

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

She's an anti-abortion pro-crypto terf landlord, so this is just one more reason for me to despise her.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

forkboy84 posted:

My guess is it’s some kind of new grift - she’s probably bet a fistful of money bitcoin on herself to be the first person to get votes in the negative range

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chubby Henparty posted:

The low poly character models and animations are absolutely amazing.

Also missile is the best video game dog. Willing to fight over this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chubby Henparty posted:

Oh I did mention I was playing it and another goon said it was the reason they adopted a Pomeranian. Yeah it's a really good game and Jowd's theme is a banger.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

She's an anti-abortion pro-crypto terf landlord, so this is just one more reason for me to despise her.

Of loving course she is. The SNP really let any old oval office run for MP in 2015.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

How do you be all of those? Property rights but only the bad ones. Radical ownership of everything except yourself. Nature's god as an ape jay peg.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The SNP definitely need to purge the actual tartan tories in their midst.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
This is what really rips my knitting about the SNP, especially since so many in the Tory press are still keen to cast them as left-wing radicals - we're talking about the party which nearly elected an avowed and unapologetic homophobe from a psycho teuchter protestant sect as their leader in Kate Forbes. It's one of the main reasons I haven't, and probably won't, ever vote SNP until they split along ideological lines and kick all the rightist mentalists out.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The SNP is a broad church which includes all sorts, from reactionary right wing bigots to those who champion the cause of Islamic terrorism. All united in the single vision of getting it up the English.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Also missile is the best video game dog. Willing to fight over this

it's D-dog and it's not close :colbert:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

dadrips posted:

This is what really rips my knitting about the SNP, especially since so many in the Tory press are still keen to cast them as left-wing radicals - we're talking about the party which nearly elected an avowed and unapologetic homophobe from a psycho teuchter protestant sect as their leader in Kate Forbes. It's one of the main reasons I haven't, and probably won't, ever vote SNP until they split along ideological lines and kick all the rightist mentalists out.

My MSP is Fergus Ewing, until Forbes came along he was one of the chief heidbangers in the party. A nepobaby Tartan Tory with a burning passion for the A9 being duelled, oil, unsustainable fishing practices and anything else abhorrent. oval office even voted against repealing Clause 28.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

She’s also really into Bitcoin lol

That does appear as if they did vote for a Tory regardless of the rosette.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

kecske posted:

it's D-dog and it's not close :colbert:

It's actually Rapede, from Tales of Vesperia. The dog who smokes a pipe and fights with a sword.

OwlFancier posted:

That does appear as if they did vote for a Tory regardless of the rosette.

Yeah, it feels like even by the Keith labour standards of "they're all the same", some of her opinions are to the right of what you'd expect. Anti-abortion in tyool 2023?? :cmon:

Miftan fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Oct 12, 2023

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Oh I did mention I was playing it and another goon said it was the reason they adopted a Pomeranian. Yeah it's a really good game and Jowd's theme is a banger.

That was me. Still kinda regret not naming her Missile (she’s named Ace after the One Piece character instead). I really want to replay it now!

e: here she is in a box

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Chubby Henparty posted:

No Truce With The Furry Missile...

Is this the same as NoFap?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

killerwhat posted:

That was me. Still kinda regret not naming her Missile (she’s named Ace after the One Piece character instead). I really want to replay it now!

e: here she is in a box

awwww lookit her

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Miftan posted:

It's actually Rapede, from Tales of Vesperia. The dog who smokes a pipe and fights with a sword.

this looks dangerously like an anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dr Lisa Cameron will make anime real.