Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ardennes posted:

Biden himself is an empty vessel that just takes orders and reads what is given to him. It's is his advisors that are complete lunatics.

that's precisely what i mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zodium posted:

yep. just keep asking people which of the Three Options they support.

Insisting on option 4: return to status quo lol and also lmao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

The Libs who still remember their basic humanity are insisting on Option 5: Remove Benjamin Netanyahu and all his cronies from the Israeli government and bing bang boom problem solved.

Of course, this completely ignores the problem that Bibi and Friends are in power precisely because they're the kind of assholes we want in charge of Israel, but Libs by their worldview are incapable of understanding this.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1712354990168187190?t=kgSM60pt9p_VBVxRTOhg4A&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Centrist Committee posted:

j6 was a big deal in that it should indicate that the system is flying apart, but we’re all hypernormalized to such a degree that we can’t really process the impending destruction of the contending classes.

The question was the system "flying apart" because Trump tried a "coup" or that there was an element in DC that was sickened by his association with the Russians and turned one of his rallies against him?

My argument is that January 6th wasn't a coup by Trump but a "gag order" against him. It was a way to isolate him and cut him off from the media, and have narrative to force "only one alternative" that has led us here today.

Right now, there is a carrier headed to a warzone with a unclear mission. It may be there to posture...but at the same time I am having a harder and harder time seeing that more violence isn't going to occur outside of Gaza and if the US Navy suddenly gets involved it is going to have a lot of spill over.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

more palestinian imperialism :rolleyes:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

NIXON (muttering):

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Free Al-Saqr, DTI, and gently caress the pissy wreckers in SAD

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Are babies settlers though, that's the real question

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Really going to enjoy being called a tankie by people defending Israel as they role their tanks into Gaza

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

had one guy insist on adding world war 3 as option 4 lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

This is going to get insanely ugly.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

war on terror speed run any%

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Red-Brown (people) Alliance smdh

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

1stGear posted:

NIXON (muttering):

lol

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
The current blood lust does have me spooked but it can't top 9/11 until they force flags on everyone.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ardennes posted:

The question was the system "flying apart" because Trump tried a "coup" or that there was an element in DC that was sickened by his association with the Russians and turned one of his rallies against him?

Right now, there is a carrier headed to a warzone with a unclear mission. It may be there to posture...but at the same time I am having a harder and harder time seeing that more violence isn't going to occur outside of Gaza and if the US Navy suddenly gets involved it is going to have a lot of spill over.

flying apart in that it directly contradicts the myth of stable, peaceful american democracy; so, take your pick

as for the carriers, I think we all know what’s going to have to happen to them before we collectively begin to process that ww3 has already started, america is the 4th reich, the wretched of the earth will win, and america as we understand it will end. I think we cspammers assumed this would be off the coast of china, a few years from now. I think we’ve internalized the market logic of “not this quarter, not my problem.” but, hamas had other ideas and I think we’re struggling to process that it might happen a lot sooner than expected, in the mediterranean

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

:dafuq:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

1stGear posted:

NIXON (muttering):

hot pants?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

man did that show really make it overseas? lol

err posted:

Is Israel just waiting to bomb more stuff before going in? I guess they could be setting up logistics and supply lines and poo poo. They could also be waiting for the Egyptian corridor so the genocide looks more ethical.

bunch of active duty mid level officers just got got. they're dotting i's and crossing t's

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 08:01 on Oct 12, 2023

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Is Israel just waiting to bomb more stuff before going in? I guess they could be setting up logistics and supply lines and poo poo. They could also be waiting for the Egyptian corridor so the genocide looks more ethical.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Coming into it late and I don't want to post video, but did anyone see that Israel "gave the green light" to the Red Crescent (Red Cross) to go into Gaza and help people, and then they loving targeted and kill one of the paramedics? Not surprising, but add another one to the pile. Here's a tweet without the video:

https://twitter.com/PalestineRCS/status/1712078330789241332

War crimes, who cares?!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

err posted:

i hope they don't actually want to go in.. I think there's probably enough people screaming in their ear about how that could be a massive blunder.. that being said the delays could likely be explained by Israel being in the process of mobilizing these supposed 300,000 reservists.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Centrist Committee posted:

flying apart in that it directly contradicts the myth of stable, peaceful american democracy; so, take your pick

as for the carriers, I think we all know what’s going to have to happen to them before we collectively begin to process that ww3 has already started, america is the 4th reich, the wretched of the earth will win, and america as we understand it will end. I think we cspammers assumed this would be off the coast of china, a few years from now. I think we’ve internalized the market logic of “not this quarter, not my problem.” but, hamas had other ideas and I think we’re struggling to process that it might happen a lot sooner than expected, in the mediterranean

My vote is a slower grinding piece meal ww3 where there is no official declaration but everything just gets worse.

Things are "not so bad right now" and we have a full fledged war in Ukraine, the situation in Gaza (and it looks like the region is a powder keg) but then you have other not insignificant fronts. Anyone remember West Africa? How about Armenia (which was what 2 weeks ago)? How about Kosovo?

WW3 is poo poo just compounding on top of each other, there will be no declaration of war or vote in the Senate (and history books will debate it for a generation) but it is just going to be conflicts all over the world, seemingly disparate on the surface but all connected together.

I really don't think nukes will be used, liberals are too bullshit to use nukes, they know they can't win through them. Israel isn't a fanatic state, it is a liberal one. If they are throw people under the bus to keep in power they will.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I don't think you are going to get the majority of the US population to support troops on the ground in Israel or elsewhere in the middle east no matter what bullshit the media spins. People are tired of it all no matter how righteous the media try to make the cause. Isolationism has always been popular in the US, except when the US is attacked directly, and will remain so no matter how much both parties try to ignore it.

However the opinion of normal people is irrelevant to dumping billions more into Israel, bombing people, intelligence fuckery, random mayhem via drones or cruise missiles, etc. To whatever degree the US can still do these things.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

man did that show really make it overseas? lol

idk if my experience was typical for the Filipino middle-class but we had cable and I grew up watching it, along with shows like LA Law, Knots Landing, and Doogie Howser

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i think they're gonna make popup achievements for world leaders called the e-bel peace price and we'll get a free app to vote on which ones, connecting the world like never before ;)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zodium posted:

had one guy insist on adding world war 3 as option 4 lol

That was his preferred outcome?

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Al-Saqr is right, gently caress the mods. DTI. DTA

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Punished Turtle posted:

have to agree

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Punished Turtle posted:

Many people are saying this. Good, good people

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't think you are going to get the majority of the US population to support troops on the ground in Israel or elsewhere in the middle east no matter what bullshit the media spins. People are tired of it all no matter how righteous the media try to make the cause. Isolationism has always been popular in the US, except when the US is attacked directly, and will remain so no matter how much both parties try to ignore it.

However the opinion of normal people is irrelevant to dumping billions more into Israel, bombing people, intelligence fuckery, random mayhem via drones or cruise missiles, etc. To whatever degree the US can still do these things.

Support for the war in Ukraine was already rapidly dropping, and Washington is still going on with it. Obviously, it is pretty stupid, but remember the US has been doubling and then trippling down on multiple conflicts and not letting go. The question becomes when it gets into a quagmire that eats it alive essentially. The US and Israel can't bomb and occupy the rest of the Middle East, and fear is really their only weapon here. It may be enough (we will see, history is happening in real time) but even if a portion of the Middle East rebels against them, it is going to get real ugly.

It is an inflection point where we just have to see what is going to happen.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

1stGear posted:

NIXON (muttering):

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't think you are going to get the majority of the US population to support troops on the ground in Israel or elsewhere in the middle east no matter what bullshit the media spins. ....

It really doesn't matter what "the majority of the US population support" though, as you admit. America isn't a democracy -- it's a plutocracy. it's not off the table by any means. If something happens with ___, US is certainly going to fly planes in at the least.

i would say we'd first see US start flying planes in and bombing people directly before they send actual ground troops; however, that's just the canary. once that happens (and it's probably just a question of when), it's likely troops follow not long after.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

That was his preferred outcome?

accelerationism ftw I guess

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Xaris posted:

It really doesn't matter what "the majority of the US population support" though, as you admit. America isn't a democracy -- it's a plutocracy. it's not off the table by any means. If something happens with ___, US is certainly going to fly planes in.

i would say we'd first see US start flying planes in and bombing people directly before they send actual ground troops, that's the canary, but once (and it's probably just a question of when), it's likely troops follow not long after.

To be clear, everything is in flux so who knows. That said, I don't think the US wants to get involved with Iran directly, but there are already American troops in Iraq and Syria. Basically, American troops on already on the ground, the question if the US is going to reinforce them outside of air power or not.
Lebanon is a wild card as well.

It is why it is a very July 1914 vibe at the moment.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ardennes posted:

My vote is a slower grinding piece meal ww3 where there is no official declaration but everything just gets worse.

Things are "not so bad right now" and we have a full fledged war in Ukraine, the situation in Gaza (and it looks like the region is a powder keg) but then you have other not insignificant fronts. Anyone remember West Africa? How about Armenia (which was what 2 weeks ago)? How about Kosovo?

WW3 is poo poo just compounding on top of each other, there will be no declaration of war or vote in the Senate (and history books will debate it for a generation) but it is just going to be conflicts all over the world, seemingly disparate on the surface but all connected together.

I really don't think nukes will be used, liberals are too bullshit to use nukes, they know they can't win through them. Israel isn't a fanatic state, it is a liberal one. If they are throw people under the bus to keep in power they will.

agreed it’ll never be declared because liberals don’t understand the forces they’re embodying but I see things as rapidly coming to a head. afghanistan was maybe the last fever dream of a peaceful offramp left over from the obama-bernie era. the killing fields of ukraine are an increasingly absurd attempt to deny the obvious reality of peer conflict. west africa represents the beginning of the territorial breakup and is only going to exacerbate inflation pressures as more former resource colonies turn to china for a better deal.

israel just brings everything to a head. there’s no “cooler heads prevail” option. I can’t envision a scenario where israel is allowed to ethnically cleanse or genocide gaza uncontested. idk through christ all things are possible but I don’t think greater pan arab nationalism will allow it without at least one state bowing to popular pressure. there’s no way a “regional war” will ignore those american aircraft carriers. the dipshit nazi democrats might not understand they already started ww3 but everyone in the middle east knows america is evil and must be destroyed.

interesting point re: nukes. not sure if it is cope or not but I rather like the idea of everyone being too goddamn dumb to not realize they’re in a world war until they USN is resting at the bottom of the sea

anyway d2i d2a free palestine

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

FuzzySlippers posted:

one attack in the us mainland and it's right back to glass parking lot discourse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
this entire thing is a reminder to how quickly the population can be whipped into a blood frenzy