Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

GI Joe jobs posted:

The current blood lust does have me spooked but it can't top 9/11 until they force flags on everyone.

It’s all warm-up for the big one vs China, I fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akaiku
May 17, 2013
I do wish we lived in a world where everyone here was the active strong scary communists that dumbass landlord is afraid of, I wish I did better.

Also free Al-Saqr.

Free Palestine, but like, it shouldn't be for sale.

Dissolve the concept of Israel

Also death to the western world.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Centrist Committee posted:

I can’t envision a scenario where israel is allowed to ethnically cleanse or genocide gaza uncontested.
i can. particularly because there isn't really a "pan arab nationalism". or what is there is very fragmented and very underarmed.

to use an (very) imperfect allegory, it's like saying there's no way US railroad workers get forced back to work in the conditions theyre in without broad union support coming out in a general strike or everyone just quitting.

there's a lot to unpack there in the crevices: particularly extremely shaky material conditions, reliance on petrodollar to buy food in massive drought conditions, perceived (or real) inability to affect or wield power, other people are pointing guns around (KSA) eager to take their stuff and dont want to risk existing position, etc

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:37 on Oct 12, 2023

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
the gently caress even is SAD what does it refer to. i have no idea what these assholes call anything now

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Xaris posted:

i can. particularly because there isn't really a "pan arab nationalism". or what is there is very fragmented and very underarmed.

to use an (very) imperfect allegory, it's like saying there's no way US railroad workers get forced back to work in the conditions theyre in without broad union support coming out in a general strike or everyone just quitting.

there's a lot to unpack there in the crevices

agree to disagree on this one but I take your point and I really hope you’re wrong

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

the gently caress even is SAD what does it refer to. i have no idea what these assholes call anything now

Something Awful Discussion

The complaints forum for people with complaints about the forums.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Centrist Committee posted:

I really hope you’re wrong

same. I'm not saying it's a likely probability, but just that I can see a scenario wherein that occurs. and wouldn't be entirely unsurprised.

predicting the future is a rubes game for morons (including me), don't do it.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Oct 12, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the one poster capable of predicting the future was silenced. think that's a coincidence?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

GI Joe jobs posted:

The current blood lust does have me spooked but it can't top 9/11 until they force flags on everyone.

For one thing it was the time I started getting "Please keep your ID card safe, you're brown enough for terrorists to use your ID to sneak in Portugal" advice and had to kept reiterating that I was born here, wasn't adopted and my parents were also from here over and over again. IF I was getting that, God knows what was it like for actual arabs or middle eastern people.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

One of the two confirmed Filipino deaths so far was a nurse who worked as a caregiver for an elderly woman in a kibbutz in Sderot and local media is plastering her face everywhere because it's an easy way to punch left by saying any support for Palestine is defending the people who killed her.

The Israel embassy in china tried doing that with a half chinese girl who got kidnapped and ended up disabling replies on their post bc it was all just people calling them genocidal nazis or going "she's a proud IDF soldier who doesnt even have Chinese citizenship, why is this China's problem?"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/NaomiAKlein/status/1712141792437788879?t=RFg6teNeGAvza6Mhr9IpCQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/NaomiAKlein/status/1712255870971846916?t=2hJYJAENz5pu8GjamHKreQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336?t=TbTqToH0M5RfQKR5mCFotg&s=19

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lmao this thread got someone so mad that they spent money on this banner

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The "this is actually WORSE than the holocaust!!" stuff is so completely deranged

Just the result of brains being so thoroughly broken that they can only perceive reality through some hosed up form of internet discourse

Tuek
May 8, 2007

moths posted:

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

a helpful bear posted:

lmao this thread got someone so mad that they spent money on this banner

i thought this thread made that

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Punished Turtle posted:

Al-Saqr is right, gently caress the mods. DTI. DTA

NoModsNoMasters69
May 17, 2023

You guys might think this is hyperbole, but my mom's an Israeli and she also called it that. They've all lost their minds over there.

NoModsNoMasters69 has issued a correction as of 09:00 on Oct 12, 2023

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lumpentroll posted:

i thought this thread made that

false flag

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

moths posted:

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blood for the blood god call going out.

A fortress of peace made of skulls.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
disappointing take by Naomi Wolfe or whatever is her name

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

NoModsNoMasters69 posted:

You guys might think this is hyperbole, but my mom's an Israeli and she also called it that. They've all lost their minds over there.

Psychologically, it must be an absolutely tremendous shock for Israelis: they've previously taken as a given that they set the terms of the conflict, that the massive Israeli military complex is always there to shield them and that the Palestinians are weak and incompetent Others who need to be ground down but not particularly feared.

Furious, armed Palestinians just bursting into their comfy Settler homes and the IDF being nowhere to save them is literally the stuff of nightmares for them and yet, it's just happened.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

hadji murad posted:

disappointing take by Naomi Wolfe or whatever is her name

If the Naomi be Klein, you're usually fine
If the Naomi be Wolf, oh no, buddy. Oof.

Sad to see the good Naomi breaking her track record of pretty decent takes.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
if it’s Naomi, it stinks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As rough as it is from all accounts I do feel like it's way too early to call how things are going to shake out. Psychology and politics are one thing, but there does seem a vibe that despite the predictable clamping down on dissent and screaming propaganda, the narrative is weaker than ever, and the increasing hyperbole is not strengthening it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Chamale posted:

she just wrote an entire book because she’s tired of being mistaken for the crazy Naomi

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If America fights ww3 it'll be outsourced like everything else. Americans today have no taste for actually fighting. They'll bomb, they'll drone strike, they'll roid up some operators to try to do little poo poo, but the kind of massive public commitment that invading any kind of real country like Iran or NK or even clearing Gaza is beyond us.

Even if the US was dramatically attacked they'd support the war, make memes about being tough, but when the fighting starts they'll all be sitting in the parking lot waiting for someone else to do something.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i think one of the big questions is who controls the pokemon go stadium in jerusalem

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Encouragingly, today everyone working in the cafe I get my breakfast each morning was openly discussing how poo poo the situation is for the Palestinians. This is working class Scots and Polish

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

cool settlers in the west bank just attacked a funeral procession for 4 people killed by settlers, and killed 2 more Palestinians.

totally civilians though

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

a helpful bear posted:

i think one of the big questions is who controls the pokemon go stadium in jerusalem

Reporting on this aspect is probably the only way to get people to pay any attention.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

cool settlers in the west bank just attacked a funeral procession for 4 people killed by settlers, and killed 2 more Palestinians.

totally civilians though

Ugh

speng31b has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Oct 14, 2023

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
ive found a new sleep paralysis demon
https://twitter.com/shadwhite/status/1712078596104241515?t=w-84qtWDiRFvkHx9edvohw&s=19

that av will haunt me in my dreams

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

lmfao

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

a helpful bear posted:

gently caress mang, between this and the cancelled Brouno Mars concert I'm feeling really lovely about this whole thing.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

hadji murad posted:

she just wrote an entire book because she’s tired of being mistaken for the crazy Naomi

yeah my heart bleeds for the liberal zionist

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Chamale posted:

Klein's been off for awhile. I can't remember exactly what tho, I think it was to do with china.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Reports coming in that Hamas is dropping comically large ACME anvils all over Israel. One inside reporter said that the Israeli army tried to saw off the ledge of a cliff with Hamas soldiers on the end, but instead the side they were on collapsed, leaving the Hamas soldiers completely untouched, suspended in mid air!

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

crepeface posted:

Klein's been off for awhile. I can't remember exactly what tho, I think it was to do with china.

Even good old Shock Doctrine, one of the first political books I ever read, has its fair share of China Bad, if I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

John Charity Spring posted:

yeah my heart bleeds for the liberal zionist

i'm the normal zionist