Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Working party? Oh, uh, I'm religiously opposed to sweeping and dusting, sorry chief.
Sorry can’t take orders from women. It’s in the Bible or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I had to review several vaccine waiver packages, which included getting an interview with the chaplain, and the write-up was almost always "does not identify with any particular branch of Christianity, does not regularly attend church, does not consider him/herself particularly religiously observant, etc etc". All of them had gotten the other two dozen shots that the military required of them prior to that. So yeah, really great precedent.

Q will be a recognised religion in a couple of decades.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The reddit relationships drama thread on SA found a Marine.

quote:

AITA [ed - 'Am I The rear end in a top hat?'] for falsely accusing a veteran of stolen valor, when she couldn't give any details about her service?

I (34m) served as a Captain in the Marine Corps. I have left the service, and right now I am doing an MBA. One of my classmates (31F), who we'll call "J", is very gentle, very soft-spoken and unassuming. J and I were working together on a case study once, and I started opening up to her about my military service and all the lessons that I've learnt from the Corps. J enthusiastically told me "that's so cool! I was a Surface Warfare Officer in the Navy!"

I immediately felt suspicious about this claim. As I said, J is very demure, and she doesn't really have the bravado that is required in the military environment (at least, I feel like a certain amount of bravado is required). I still humored her, and began asking about the details of her military experience - where she deployed, what courses she went through, what ship she served on, etc etc. Suddenly J got all tight-lipped, and she couldn't say anything specific about military life. She kept making excuses along the lines of "it just wasn't a good period of my life" and "I'd rather not talk about it". Eventually I felt like I had done enough snooping around, and I bluntly told her that she was bullshitting, and that I'd rather not work with a phony.

I talked about this experience with my friend, M, at our school's veterans organization. I told M to be wary of anything J says. M responded by telling me that J did serve, he's seen her paperwork and ID and everything, and that in fact, one of her MBA recommendation letters was written by a retired rear admiral (O-8) who held J in high regard. Whoops.

The next time I met J, before our class started, I tried to act chummy towards her and make up for accusing her of being a liar. She laughed in my face and told me to "pound sand, poolee". And for those of you who don't know, yes, she was being derisive here.

AITA?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Could have just answered the rear end in a top hat question at the "I served as a Captain in the Marine Corps" line.

Yes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cythereal posted:

Bwahahahahahahaha

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

favorite detail is that he needed to include that she did in fact insult him as if it wasn't obvious enough

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

J owns

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

There's no way a marine wrote this

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Also lol at the idea of someone stealing valor by pretending to be a SWO of all things.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Why the gently caress would a marine expect a SWO to have “military bravado”?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Scratch Monkey posted:

Why the gently caress would a marine expect a SWO to have “military bravado”?

The same sort of fuckwit who'd swallow a fake Navy SEAL hook line and sinker.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

90s Solo Cup posted:

The same sort of fuckwit who'd swallow a fake Navy SEAL hook line and sinker.

Hey Buddy, don't you poo poo-talk SEAL Team 13. I went through Class 42069 ten thousand years from now. :colbert:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Pre-emptive thank you for your cervix.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

loving lol, what a shitbird. And just like nobility, he tried to lick boots and ran to the public to get amnesty. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you. Lol at "poolee" goddamn what a good burn.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

MarcusSA posted:

There's no way a marine wrote this

I'm pretty sure I've read variations of it before.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Punished Ape posted:

The story does seem rather familiar. Hell, it may have even been posted here at some point 5 years ago.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I worked at a gun shop with an older man, John, who claimed super outlandish stories of his time in Vietnam. poo poo like shooting kids with a Hush Puppy, along with bragging about his Silver Star. He said something that itched my brain, so I decided to do a little Google.

Dude was full of poo poo. Next time he started running his trap, I looked at a coworker, and said simply, "He doesn't have a Silver Star. He's lying." and walked away. My coworker, a retired Army Crew Chief, asked him about it privately, later.

John quit the next shift.

gently caress that guy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Punished Ape posted:

Yeah I could have sworn I've seen this story a few months back. New copy pasta at this point.

Content, do NCOs not understanding grooming and uniform standards don't apply to everyone they encounter count?
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxi3rEELVJO/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Content, do NCOs not understanding grooming and uniform standards don't apply to everyone they encounter count?
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxi3rEELVJO/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

:lmao:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I could have sworn I've seen this story a few months back. New copy pasta at this point.

Its not a copypasta if goons discover the same post several times

The r/relationships thread regularly reposts stories, in addition to whatever goes on here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Xakura posted:

The r/relationships thread regularly reposts stories, in addition to whatever goes on here.

I remember that story from years ago down to the "poolee" insult. Oldy but a goody.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Xakura posted:

It's against the rules of the relationships thread to repost stories there unless it's to provide a refresher for an update. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of repetitive ones though given people are usually shitheads in similar ways :confuoot:

Is chronic lack of rear end wiping post poo poo a thing in the armed forces the way it is in reddit lady's boyfriends?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kitfox88 posted:

It's against the rules of the relationships thread to repost stories there unless it's to provide a refresher for an update. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of repetitive ones though given people are usually shitheads in similar ways :confuoot:

Is chronic lack of rear end wiping post poo poo a thing in the armed forces the way it is in reddit lady's boyfriends?

Thankfully, gently caress no. There's plenty wrong, but that was never one of the many things I experienced lol.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I recall one kinda smelly person in boot say it was gay to touch your butthole.

Our biggest baddest dude ripped into him to wipe his loving rear end and that ended it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Using bidets to avoid the gays

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vengarr posted:

Using bidets to avoid the gays

Oh man getting a bidet with a heated seat and warm water spray is life changing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just lol if in 2023 you don’t have a bidet

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

as an american, i deny myself such things because i hate myself and as a red-blooded patriot i would never give comfort to an enemy

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Why would you wash your rear end with a bidet when you can use a Biden?

Now, if you'll excuse me, for that joke Lauren Boebert is offering me a through the pants handjob. See you all after we get kicked out of her kid's school play.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Crab Dad posted:

Oh man getting a bidet with a heated seat and warm water spray is life changing.

Yes.

Gorilla Radio posted:

Why would you wash your rear end with a bidet when you can use a Biden?

Now, if you'll excuse me, for that joke Lauren Boebert is offering me a through the pants handjob. See you all after we get kicked out of her kid's school play.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Grip it and rip it posted:

Right, but you're generally using some kind of smart munitions for this process right? Because you'll regularly be calling in close or very close support and need the added accuracy that they provide over regular conventional artillery fire, right?

I lived on a submarine and we just launched Tomahawks so I don't know poo poo about the relative accuracies of these weapons systems or even the type of munitions they use, generally. I would assume the advent of smart artillery systems was a response to exactly the kind of scenario you're describing.

Hi, the smart munition there is guys like me, a former Gunner and A-Gunner on a m198 levelling their bubble vials very carefully and using the right powder charge on an HE shell with a fuze on .05 sec delay. HE is still cheaper and more plentiful than anything with fins on it and spin stabilized is good out for longer than you'd think.

Never send a man where you can send a bullet.

Sweep and zone is good too... Man I was jacked back then...

Cythereal posted:

"J" probably thinks the guy who wrote that is an rear end in a top hat which is a good bet if USMC officer. Oh and a side note, USMC officers who value bravado over competency tend to be fratricidally incompetent shitwits that have at least one squad if not an entire platoon or company/battery plotting how to kill them in their sleep. If any HQ battery CO's from 2003 are reading this I hope he knows everyone who worked under him holds him in the lowest regard possible.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 12, 2023

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

US Berder Patrol posted:

... what happened on your last deployment?

Blew the whistle on a unit fund thief, serial sexual harasser, malingerer and idiot who regularly violated good order and discipline, so they fired a black gay captain instead of the 1stSgt who was the, and I say again, reported by many people, problem. Same guy who had a guy perp walked in front of formation once for a ticket the servicemember already paid off because Albuquerque police gonna oink... And then there's the multiple incidents of covering for drug abusing fellow cops, up to and including one who's coke habit killed him. Not to mention covering for his fellow nazis with 1488 and 6mwe stickers on their cars.

Oh and after promising me protection from retaliation they let the loving shitwit retaliate at will. If I hadn't already been through several certain crises that would've been the final straw. Then congressional rep, now sec of interior didn't do poo poo, governor barely did poo poo.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Some days it feels like a bit of a shame that fragging fell out of fashion post Vietnam.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Some days it feels like a bit of a shame that fragging fell out of fashion post Vietnam.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

:drat:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As long as you aren't a former NFL player

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

Kith posted:

as an american, i deny myself such things because i hate myself and as a red-blooded patriot i would never give comfort to an enemy

There should be a WW2 style propaganda drive to correct this - "This butthole is your FRIEND. Use a BIDET."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Steezo posted:

Blew the whistle on a unit fund thief, serial sexual harasser, malingerer and idiot who regularly violated good order and discipline, so they fired a black gay captain instead of the 1stSgt who was the, and I say again, reported by many people, problem. Same guy who had a guy perp walked in front of formation once for a ticket the servicemember already paid off because Albuquerque police gonna oink... And then there's the multiple incidents of covering for drug abusing fellow cops, up to and including one who's coke habit killed him. Not to mention covering for his fellow nazis with 1488 and 6mwe stickers on their cars.

Oh and after promising me protection from retaliation they let the loving shitwit retaliate at will. If I hadn't already been through several certain crises that would've been the final straw. Then congressional rep, now sec of interior didn't do poo poo, governor barely did poo poo.

Av is appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Steezo posted:

Blew the whistle

jeez, thanks for sharing. I hope you're on the far side of that mess