Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

VoicesCanBe posted:

I legit think they're lashing out aimlessly. The IDF feels humiliated so they're gonna kill and destroy as much as they possibly can.

So they're a clear and present danger to a captive population. Self-defense means what again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Is Israel testing out to see if they can spring the Gaza trap early by provoking Syria and Lebanon, or are they just flailing around in desperation to look tough?

Guess now that uncle Joe sent his aircraft carriers it's the best time to get into a war with all your neighbors.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

VoicesCanBe posted:

I legit think they're lashing out aimlessly. The IDF feels humiliated so they're gonna kill and destroy as much as they possibly can.

(waving hands over cheap crystal ball from gift shop)

They let a known, warned about by Egypt, attack go ahead on Israel proper to use as an excuse to crush Gaza once and for all. Only the IDF dropped the ball harder than a child dropping an ice cream and things got out of hand. Incensed, they lash out wildly.

The empire may be crumbling but plenty of material left in the stocks. Even if it can't be replaced in a timely manner they'll gosh darn use it before that shelf life kicks in.

genericnick posted:

Guess now that uncle Joe sent his aircraft carriers it's the best time to get into a war with all your neighbors.

Also this. Plus the North West Africa situation I wouldn't be surprised if the whole general region becomes a wasteland.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

DancingShade posted:

The empire may be crumbling but plenty of material left in the stocks.

counterpoint: they gave all the spares and more to Ukraine, USA seems to have only enough for their own use abd I don’t see them blowing it donating it to Isreal. maybe if they go in themselves

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

DancingShade posted:

The empire may be crumbling but plenty of material left in the stocks. Even if it can't be replaced in a timely manner they'll gosh darn use it before that shelf life kicks in.

fits my needs posted:

just bombed the runways of aleppo and damascus airports

So much for the Baba Ganoush, they down to the Hummus now.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Well Israel is declaring more attacks on Syria over the next couple of days

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1712437921783968032

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kingbowski/status/1712379463994896738

this is completely loving insane

(I've been blessed to be computer savvy enough to have not seen a youtube ad in years)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

VoicesCanBe posted:

Yeah, the most hi-tech armed force in the Middle East has just been clowned on by a bunch of dudes with motorbikes and AK's and they're desperately trying to reassert their reputation as the biggest, baddest, most organised guys in town. They consider that their reputation is a vital factor in deterring attack, so being so openly shown up is panic-inducing for them.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

And now we’re on how any universities who are allowing for pro-Palestinian protests or student group statements are being cowed by secret cabals of professors who are evil anti-Israel monsters and they must turn to an Israel approved organization that will teach university leadership the “proper way to handle such situations”. Anything other than full throated baying for Israel slaughtering Palestinians will be crushed in America, it’s the same mass bloodlust that was after. 9/11 where even suggesting maybe don’t mass bomb civilians gets you called a terrorist lover. Awesome to have this atmosphere again

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 13:10 on Oct 12, 2023

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Does anyone know what Turkish popular opinion is of the current situation? Would they survive trying an offensive against a Syria and Lebanon at war with Israel?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1712410186235695497?s=20

interesting, it looks like they are workers

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-china-conflict-deaths-citizens-1834088

quote:

Hong Kong's Wen Weipo reported, citing the Chamber of Commerce, that a 35-year-old Chinese worker named Zou from Jiangsu was killed by a gunman while driving a car with two other colleagues. The report added that two of the four Chinese nationals missing in the region had been killed. The reports shared by Hong Kong outlets spread on Chinese social media.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Trump gave Hamas the info to bypass Iron dome, and calls Israel weak

You gotta hand it to trump he knows how to stroke an Intifada

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

if you genuinely believe trump orchestrated this you are braindead

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

(I've been blessed to be computer savvy enough to have not seen a youtube ad in years)

lmfao

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1712224134930010527

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

nonono please put the mask back on

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
That ad seems like something out of the Cyberpunk 2077 setting.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The situation is bleak and the coverage by the western media is shameful. But i do see signs here in Europe that the inital for Israel waning and that more mainstream people are catching on to the wildly disporpotiante response of Israel. It migth however take at least a month for public opinon to fully turn but by that time who knows what will be left to save? Not that Israel would ever truly give a gently caress what EU thinks as long they have unlimited bipartisan support from America.

If Saudi Arabia is for real about supporting Palestine and wants to do more than offer tougths and prayers they have very effective weapon. An oil embargo now would be kick in the teeth to Europe. Maybe even enough to force EU choose between making a deal with Russia and betraying Ukraine for access to much needed oil and gas or to make deal for access to Saudi resources in exchange for sanctions against Israel. I think they would rather cut a deal with Saudi Arabia.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Goddamn it Joe! You said you loving saw the photos.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

people at work were talking about the “beheaded babies” and kind of rolling their eyes about it and saying it seemed sensationalized. these are fairly normie libs

I think the media is trying to induce post 9/11 consensus but there’s way more dissension and skepticism now? I’m in an entirely different place in life than I was back in 9/11, but post 9/11 is a shockingly high bar to meet. idk if this is there yet, though it has shades of it

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 13:21 on Oct 12, 2023

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I'm over here stroking my intifada I got lotion on my jihad

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1712292316445340142?t=ZfsBIrV-W-9PhcolHJO41g&s=19

Donald Trump ftw

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Frosted Flake posted:

lol holy poo poo

Al! posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaha...........his instincts are incredible

Buck Wildman posted:

lol he really is the best we've had in decades

gradenko_2000 posted:

Palestinians for TRUMP!!!

https://imgur.com/pszlNE2

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

gradenko_2000 posted:

what in the absolute gently caress

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if you genuinely believe trump orchestrated this you are braindead

He couldn't orchestrate a hotdog stand, but he absolutely would sell state secrets to the highest bidder or show them off just to make himself look cool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

cool since it's 2003 again I'll be turning 20 in a month not 40 gently caress yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
cool, the guy they are interviewing on al jazeera english is finally saying israel is gonna do a genocide by doing a ground invasion

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Poppers posted:

Green frog supports the struggle for Palestinian liberation

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

moths posted:

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

robocop rear end ad lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwiSkudHp1Q

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

lumpentroll posted:

i thought this thread made that

yeah i made it, no idea who bought it though

love is love

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

moths posted:

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

Free and crown al saqr

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

wow, the IDF already lost more than 6 million troops? hamas really is the best :unsmith:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The Caucasians are up to no good, yet again, go figure

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Megamissen posted:

yeah i made it, no idea who bought it though

love is love

i have my suspicions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk