Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Propaganda Hour posted:

Wonster Hunter Morld

gently caress this got me laughing for like a minute straight, I am way too tired this morning

Edit: Oh yeah why are there so many Video Games (the poster, not the, you know, thing), did Veeg have a crisis on infinite earths moment.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Morpheus posted:

Edit: Oh yeah why are there so many Video Games (the poster, not the, you know, thing), did Veeg have a crisis on infinite earths moment.

It's his dlc

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Morpheus posted:

gently caress this got me laughing for like a minute straight, I am way too tired this morning

you should check the Games feedback thread's last page or two. You'll get another good laugh!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
crisis on infinite game pass

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

you should check the Games feedback thread's last page or two. You'll get another good laugh!

This explains everything! Truly, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Was the whole concept of Babar that he went to Europe and got civilized and then he returns to Africa to teach the natives about the wonders of colonialism?

Maybe I'm misremembering.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

bone emulator posted:

Was the whole concept of Babar that he went to Europe and got civilized and then he returns to Africa to teach the natives about the wonders of colonialism?

Maybe I'm misremembering.

More like he goes to live in a city of humans, then later returns to the realm of the elephants, taking up the throne when the previous king dies of eating a poison mushroom, because he's all learned due to living amongst men.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Morpheus posted:

taking up the throne when the previous king dies of eating a poison mushroom,

confirmed: the combination of elephants, produce, and the monarchy is not physically possible

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

More like he goes to live in a city of humans, then later returns to the realm of the elephants, taking up the throne when the previous king dies of eating a poison mushroom, because he's all learned due to living amongst men.

Ah, another CIA-backed coup to install a compliant despot

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Morpheus posted:

I have been a bit cheeky :twisted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What's your go to between games game? Right now I've been trying all kinds of different game development sims. I think Mad Game Tycoon 2 is my favorite

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gotta play lots & lots of EDF5 so I can be totally hosed up by any balance changes in EDF6

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shard posted:

What's your go to between games game? Right now I've been trying all kinds of different game development sims. I think Mad Game Tycoon 2 is my favorite

I am contemplating uninstalling Slay the Spire so I have something else to play between "big" games

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
hello I got Frostpunk

do i need any particular dlc for an optimal first time experience? the Steam page calls them "scenarios" so I assume not

also, is there anything I should know to play on Steam Deck or is it better on PC desktop?

thnx goons, I miss you ❤️

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shard posted:

Civ6 :hai:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

wizard2 posted:

hello I got Frostpunk

do i need any particular dlc for an optimal first time experience? the Steam page calls them "scenarios" so I assume not

also, is there anything I should know to play on Steam Deck or is it better on PC desktop?

idk about the steam deck question but no you don't need dlc, like you suspected those are one-off side scenarios that don't add or change things in the Main Campaign

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wizard2 posted:

hello I got Frostpunk

the dlc are all things I would play after the main story, they're harder and gently caress things up in interesting ways if you're already familiar with the base mechanics

steam deck, it plays good, idk what the default bindings are like you may need to look at community bindings if you don't like making your own

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I've been playing that 40k space wolf game that got delisted yesterday on my deck, and 1. good deck game, 2. lmao that this game is 90% a ripoff of metal gear acid

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's funny you mention this because I've been thinking of playing humankind again. And I just play it the same way I play Civ. One City Challenge.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

I've been playing that 40k space wolf game that got delisted yesterday on my deck, and 1. good deck game, 2. lmao that this game is 90% a ripoff of metal gear acid

This looked like my sort of jam, but I heard it was really poorly designed.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's a mobile game that they subbed all the microtransactions out for just grinding for the money to open card packs. also the card balance is, questionable, but that is also true of metal gear acid. idk it was $1, I'm liking it well enough right now but will probably get bored before I do all 16 campaigns or whatever is in this game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
One big thing was that between skirmishes you can indefinitely pass the turn to redraw cards to use or sculpt perfect hands.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shard posted:

It's funny you mention this because I've been thinking of playing humankind again. And I just play it the same way I play Civ. One City Challenge.

Is Humankind any good? Been mildly interested in trying it but Civ6 is just so good. Mind I'd have to play the ps5 port so idk how much the experience changes from PC

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah if the mission doesn't have any time pressure there's no penalty for doing that (also true of mga although that game scores missions by turns taken). there's cost associated with it so in combat you can't get away with it. but also like, you make the decks, and you draw a fifth of your deck into your hand, so you shouldnt need to mill that much if there's good cards in it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Humankind is dull as hell and a mess design wise. Old World is the good Civlike released recently but has a much narrower scope

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Humankind is dull as hell and a mess design wise.

But how's the game????? :dadjoke:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I partake in Civilization every day, it's called having a job!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We live in a Sid Meier's Civilization

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Was that World Ends With You sequel any good?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Gripweed posted:

Was that World Ends With You sequel any good?

Yes

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

fridge corn posted:

Is Humankind any good? Been mildly interested in trying it but Civ6 is just so good. Mind I'd have to play the ps5 port so idk how much the experience changes from PC

Too many fiddly mechanics for my taste. It's very similar to endless space and it's derivatives by the same developer, if that helps.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh good. It was 7 dollars at GameStop and I’ve been getting a little tired of Fortnite.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I have begun Stasis Bone Totem and already it feels so much better in controls and characters.

The PDA with the movie review stating "Unrealistic and gross - done exclusively for shock value" is perfect

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I have begun Stasis Bone Totem and already it feels so much better in controls and characters.

The PDA with the movie review stating "Unrealistic and gross - done exclusively for shock value" is perfect

it's clear from the jump they took the feedback from stasis and cayne and thoughtfully chewed on it, and the result is a genuinely excellent bit of horror media

it's one of the rare horror franchises where a subsequent entry is genuinely better in every way than the original and i'm deeply hoping they've got at least one more game in the tank

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I never played Stellaris but I got the Star Trek reskin of it. So far I've spent about 2 hours reading tooltips; it's great.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

gotta play lots & lots of EDF5 so I can be totally hosed up by any balance changes in EDF6

i WANT to eat barbequed meat NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtaYENREEY

EDF!!!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Kind of want to play that game despite the gameplay not interesting me purely because I love videogame barks. I realize I put WC3 grub to videos on a lot just for the ambience of WC3 units making their noises.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

skeletronics posted:

I never played Stellaris but I got the Star Trek reskin of it. So far I've spent about 2 hours reading tooltips; it's great.
Stellaris is pretty fantastic, you should give it a try and pick up the expansions when they're on sale 8 times a year for like 90% off

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Kind of want to play that game despite the gameplay not interesting me purely because I love videogame barks. I realize I put WC3 grub to videos on a lot just for the ambience of WC3 units making their noises.

EDF is perfect for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What game had the best in-game radio? My vote is Saints Row 2.