Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

DiscountDildos posted:

Direct link to the video in case anyone else thought "uhhh... surely this is fake right lol uhhhh lmao right?" like i did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh8t8sHnTng

Tha k you (isis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

is it a good idea to dox yourself in a warzone? lol

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/aQJeA69.mp4

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Free Al-Saqr

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

biceps crimes posted:

people at work were talking about the “beheaded babies” and kind of rolling their eyes about it and saying it seemed sensationalized. these are fairly normie libs

I think the media is trying to induce post 9/11 consensus but there’s way more dissension and skepticism now? I’m in an entirely different place in life than I was back in 9/11, but post 9/11 is a shockingly high bar to meet. idk if this is there yet, though it has shades of it

back in 2001 the reputation of journalism was much higher, the nixon impeachment mythology was still in recent memory, it was the end of history and every institution was going to be perfected in time

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

They are working double time in order to connect Hamas with Daesh (using ISIS as the term seems to be very focused on western media). I thought that those two groups were ideologically opposed to each other. Iran (who backs Hamas and Hezbollah) helped defeat Daesh so why would a group like Hamas be willing to connect with them? is that right or have they became closer for some reason?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

40 dead infant inception kick bass drop.ogg

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Homeless Friend posted:

(newsman voice) hamas is holding more than 100 hostages [panning over walled in city of 2 million, where nobody can leave, being indiscriminately bombed]

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ok maybe it wasn't 40 beheaded babies, but we have dead infants. Now will you let us genocide in peace?
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1712458069366440239?t=ssHAlEoIz38kkcwp2p4kFg&s=19

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

DancingShade posted:

40 jelly babies eaten.

One wonders if licorice babies would have evoked the same outpouring of sympathy.

Also pls threadban pepe guy

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Oct 12, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre both 'islamist terrorists' so bada bing bada boom we have an easy analogy to stoke the hatred.

Its an old line

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/middle-east-unrest/netanyahu-hamas-islamist-extremism-al-qaeda-isis-n162076

quote:

Netanyahu made his comments at a joint press conference in Tel Aviv alongside U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon. "What we're seeing here with Hamas is another instance of Islamist extremism, violent extremism that has no resolvable grievance," Netanyahu said. "Hamas is like ISIS, Hamas is like al Qaeda, Hamas is like Hezbollah, Hamas is like Boko Haram."

From 2014.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Death By The Blues posted:

The big thing is how many of those Shiite miltias from Iraq, Lebanon and Syria will actually join the war once Israel invades Gaza. If that happens then yea Israel will probably find some excuse to bomb Iran.

they will find excuses no matter what, Israel and the US love to bomb Iran. Saudi Arabia loves when Iran is bombed. every military drill in the region since before the first gulf war has been in prep for bombing Iran indiscriminately even while actively bombing somewhere else. almost every bow tie in the pentagon spins on a dynamo powered by the desire to bomb Iran.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Red and Black posted:

Really going to enjoy being called a tankie by people defending Israel as they role their tanks into Gaza

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

The big thing is how many of those Shiite miltias from Iraq, Lebanon and Syria will actually join the war once Israel invades Gaza. If that happens then yea Israel will probably find some excuse to bomb Iran. Also, Gaza is being bomb non stop today in particular the north, one residential/apartment building has been completely levelled with at least 30 dead.

Would be ironic that by propping up up Israel (trying to make up for the fact that they did the holocaust) the west would set the pieces for WW3 lol

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

RC Cola posted:

I was 11 and had no real opinions when 9/11 happened. I'm here now though and I'm lucky enough to have some coworkers and friends and family who are fully pro Palestine. My mom was telling me some stuff thread has posted before I could get to her. But yeah it's loving scary right now

Just wait. You think people will wake up in a week or a month and reflect, but no they're gonna demand every last pound of flesh and celebrate it for years. People are going to wave flags and throw parties, they're gonna wear patches at football games, and maybe make a day where we all reflect on Israel's sacrifice. People who say otherwise are gonna lose their jobs, professorships, and positions in government and we're gonna spend 40 years papering over it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Phigs posted:

Fun thing is the very claim that Hamas murdered babies AT ALL is the very same claim that they were beheaded.

yup. they walked back the beheading part, so all the Israel boosters go "but 40 babies were still murdered, just not through beheading" and it then becomes doubtful that even "40 babies were murdered" is true because how the gently caress are there 40 babies in a town of 400 and they're like, all in one place, and then the Hamas fighters took time out of their operation to do it?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I woke up to see Palestine still stands and Al-Saqr is not free.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Poppers posted:

I have photographic sauce that will lead to the complete destruction of Israel. That sauce is juiced. And the juice is fully wet.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

yup. they walked back the beheading part, so all the Israel boosters go "but 40 babies were still murdered, just not through beheading" and it then becomes doubtful that even "40 babies were murdered" is true because how the gently caress are there 40 babies in a town of 400 and they're like, all in one place, and then the Hamas fighters took time out of their operation to do it?

i think the goal posts already shifted to 40 babies died, at various times, in a variety of places

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the us has destroyed or installed dickless cuck quisling leaders in practically every country in and around the arabian peninsula and it's interesting that genocidal warfare seems to be less effective compared with installing little pet freaks in terms of breaking a country's spirit

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

gradenko_2000 posted:

how the gently caress are there 40 babies in a town of 400

lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

yea good on Naomi loving Klein supporting her settler friends here they are right now opening fire on another Palestinian village

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1712396702022275498

Said I wouldn't be back but gently caress bending to the poo poo stain complacent white westerner fascists. Garbage people

Also, in good news Sderot is being "temporarily" abandoned

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712394876778594646

Israel is denying water and electricity to Palestinian prisoners in jails

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1712394621634916788

Gazas healthcare system has begun to collapse

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1712399014375616608

"armed militias fighting in the streets" seems like the worst case scenario that doesn't involve a mushroom cloud

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok maybe it wasn't 40 beheaded babies, but we have dead infants. Now will you let us genocide in peace?
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1712458069366440239?t=ssHAlEoIz38kkcwp2p4kFg&s=19

zero chance those kids aren't palestinian

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean the pathetically funny thing about tying Hamas to Isis is that Isis had a hatred for Shiites and believed in Sunni supremacism and domination. Hamas on the other hand adore their Shiite brothers who are like the only ones helping them out. Also, sorry not denying that they won't bomb Iran I am just saying its going to take a lot for Iran to actually retaliate directly with substantial force.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Looks like a pig to me

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

gently caress you. "Terrorism" it is, then. Free Al-Saqr.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

4d3d3d posted:

Volunteering to go beat off dead settlers and collect their semen
https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1712379114122887350

they asked her to pay $1500 to pull cum out of a corpse...the indignity of charging someone for that :O

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Oh my gosh the g4 guy melting down is hilarious
https://adamsessler.substack.com/p/as-i-was-saying?r=2vhjuo&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

quote:

It’s 1:30 on October 11th, Steve “David Duke without the baggage” Scalise is about to become Speaker of the House and I couldn’t give a rat’s rear end as to what happens because, whatever wicked poo poo it is, it ain’t going to be about me because at least that’s politically unwise right now. I’m refreshing the Haaretz live updates page waiting for the invasion of the slowly starving residents of Gaza in my name without my consent which will most certainly make any outward display of my heritage even less wise than normal. I’m researching all the possible primary opponents to sitting DSA congresspeople for donation. I’m having serious discussions with The Wife about moving to Israel (if it’s still standing), which requires moving to family I rejected because of their stance on Netanyahu and Palestine, because I watched a segment of American society dissipate with gleeful alacrity before my eyes.

I give this meltdown three genocides....... Out of five

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

"Iran warmongering freaks me out more than just about any other Republican stupidity. Even tons of leftists think it'd be "another Iraq". Invading and occupying Iran would not be anything like Iraq. It'd be waaaaaaaaay worse. For a quite a few (mostly mountain-related) reasons:

"Let's look at who we'd be fighting. First of all Iraq had less than half the population of current day Iran. A ~third~ of which were Kurds who were pretty much defacto independent and hostile to Saddam and Sunni militant groups alike. The vast majority of those left were Shiites who don't join Sunni Islamist orgs and weren't exactly keen on Saddam either. So the pool of people that were potentially recruitable by post-Saddam militant groups probably consisted of 5 million people tops. Iran, on the other hand, pretty much have the Balochs, a few million Kurds, and nobody else in the "would never join up with militants in a statistically significant way" camp. So you're looking at a recruiting pool of, oh, lets say 60 million people. Who on average have a much, much stronger sense of national identity than Iraqis do. Iran isn't some arbitrary chunk of land that's been haggled over and passed around like a Thanksgiving side dish between half a dozen empires for the past 800 years. Even the most "pro-western" Iranians are not going to be chill with being invaded. Also likely to be way better armed.

"Now lets look at the environments we'd be fighting in. Iraq at one point had a significant amount of forest and swamps that might have been useful to hide out in. Less so at the time we invaded. Outside of Kurdistan, who were cheering us on, Iraq is as flat as a pancake. Pretty much all Sunni Arab civilization in the country is clustered around a handful of rivers. Between these rivers are exposed flatlands. There's no hiding out in the wilderness here. The core cities are Shiite. It's honestly about as ideal a situation you could ask for to fight against a Sunni insurgency.

"Whereas Iraq had one giant population cluster that pretty much everything radiated out from, Iran's population is spread out over quite a few regions. Keep in mind Tehran alone is significantly more populous than Baghdad, and quite a few of Iran's other cities are pretty big in their own right. With rural supporting populations to match, which don't conveniently follow a small number of rivers like they do in Iraq.

"Oh and lets talk about topography now, starting with the Tehran area. Well well well, look at all those mountains! Boy howdy what a fun place to fight a massive insurrection in.

"And whats that on the other side of the Alborz? Why its the jungles of Hyrcania! Some of the most dense forests in the world. This lovely combination of landscapes is an insurgents wetdream and has made for some fun history.

"Medieval accounts of struggles to bring the region to heel typically describe what we would today call guerrilla warfare, in a time period where that wasn't much of a thing. Arab commanders marched armies in and their mace-crushed skulls were thrown back out. Fun.

"Okay, so Tehran is a nightmare, what about that Esfahan place, surely it's not as bad? Conceded, its landscape isn't as hostile as the Alborz. But, oh wait, it's mountains. Good luck moving troops through them without getting them all gunned down by the defending forces.

"The Zagros range is only as bad as most of Afghanistan. How about Tabriz? Nope, more freaking mountains.

"How bout Kermanshah? How about some mountains?

"Uh....Shiraz? How bout Even. More. Mountains.

"Okay so you keep looking at this topographic map of Iran and you notice that this Ahvaz place isn't in the Zagros range and is in some nice flat-STOP! You remember all those marshes Iraq used to have? Well they're pretty messed up here too, but they still exist.

"The poor souls who get sent here can get their very own Vietnam experience marching through the oil polluted mudflats of Khuzestan! Which for the past while have also gone through a massive drought that's raised a poo poo ton of dust storms, while not actually making the ground any less mudflatty.

"Alright. What about that Mashhad place way up in the Northeast? It's Iran's second biggest city and the mountains seem less dense and and and-

"No.

"There's no relevant area where the terrain isn't hostile as hell to an occupying force and the locals would even grudgingly tolerate our presence the way the Shiite areas of Iraq did. We'd probably lose more people in the initial government toppling than in the entire War on Terror to this point. It'd be impossible to hold without massive Vietnam level death-tolls, and even then I'm not actually sure we could. Due to having a million different fronts it'd be mind mindbogglingly expensive, to the point that it might actually cause the US to go the way of the French Fourth Republic.

"Don't loving invade Iran. It's not worth it."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Invading Iran would bring untold misery to the Iranian people, and it would absolutely crush the US Army

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Phigs posted:

Fun thing is the very claim that Hamas murdered babies AT ALL is the very same claim that they were beheaded. I'm sure Hamas' offensive has caused the death of babies (part of why war is poo poo!), but babies dying in the course of an attack is a very different story from 40 babies being beheaded. And you can't just go, oh turns out they weren't beheaded but who cares how they died, because that still carries the idea that they were executed, just without beheading. There is no evidence of any of it though! Because specifically the beheading is the focus of discussion, the implied execution part of the lie goes unanswered.

But in fact, because it was claimed and verification refused it says to me that it specifically didn't happen. I am less likely to believe Hamas murdered babies than I was without the claim. Killed? Sure. But murdered? No I'm not believing that without solid proof.

And even then it doesn't matter! Because 40 babies executed is a totally hosed up thing for that specific group of people to do. The Hamas offensive overall was obviously focused on military targets so it would obviously have been an outlier, something perpetrated by a small group within the attack at that one location. If it wasn't then we would be hearing about baby executions going on all over the place. And even then 1000 Hamas soldiers are not 2 million Palestinian civilians, so any retribution should still only fall on Hamas themselves.

40 beheaded babies is not some innocent isolated claim. It's a lie perpetuated for the purpose of convincing people that Palestinians are violent savages who need to be wiped out. You can't just go oh turns out this one part was made up but... No 'buts', its an evil loving lie made to justify genocide and anyone trying to salvage any part of it is either ignorant or complicit.
im sorry this is all i could think of reading this post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osgrd1MPb7I

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

moths posted:

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i am harry posted:

nazi behavior

“the gesture of a finger across the throat, remembered with loathing by a few Jewish survivors, was meant to communicate to the Jews that they were going to die — though not necessarily that the Poles wished this upon them”

can’t wait to see this type of opinion in the western media in a few weeks!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

us generals: wow we get to have war AND don't have to bother pretending to care about the soldiers afterward, sounds like a win/win

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

La Louve Rouge posted:

they asked her to pay $1500 to pull cum out of a corpse...the indignity of charging someone for that :O

There's an old Israeli saying, "You want the cum, you gotta pay the sum"

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

4d3d3d posted:

There's an old Israeli saying, "You want the cum, you gotta pay the sum"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sleep with the vicious posted:

I'm ignorant on modern regional politics compared to many in this thread - is there any possibility of egypt, Jordan, or iran stepping in to help Gaza or are we fully dependent on israel giving up? The doom is breaking me here

there was a time when Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and even Iraq threw-in to try and attack Israel, but a combination of being tied in to global capitalism, having US-compliant leaders, an aversion to being bombed, and their respective standing armies having been reduced since the Cold War for a variety of reasons means it's not likely (but not impossible) that they'd get directly involved.

I'm sorry that was a typo (pun not intended) it wasn't 400 people - the wikipedia page for the kibbutz that got attacked lists the "pre-war" population as 740, which is still an unbelievable number for 5.4% of them to be babies

see, when the Russians were trolling the EU with that one streaming that was livestreaming keeping their stove running 24/7 that was supposed to be beyond the pale, but this is just yukking it up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
CNN published a report saying they have found no evidence of the baby thing
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1712471335149187408?t=8Psvun6v0Td10UK4y1MjOA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Nonsense posted:

Invading Iran would bring untold misery to the Iranian people, and it would absolutely crush the US Army

So impossible to say if it would be good or bad or not?