Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

me? i'm from downtown. i'm from mitch and murray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm here for the tweets

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm here for the day we get the beets and meets or whatever we call bluesky and mastodon.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yo I heard we got tweets in this thread

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I've got no justification for this, but it feels wrong for that kind of game to have licensed real player's names and likenesses. If a football has aliens and ice blasts the quarterback should be like, Lance Brockton of the Las Vegas Murderers or something.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

it's kinda funny, this is pretty much the only place i can easily post a tweet link and have it embed properly anymore. but anyway,

Lady Dracula posted:

please don't just post a tweet. please. it's dumb and bad... please, SA posters....

yeah twitter and elon suck and giving twitter views sucks, but that is generally how sports news is quickly reported right now

how would you propose we identify/change topics of discussion?

stuker fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 12, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

post the tweet and directly say a very small something about what it says, or if it's a link to a tweet then say what it says in case it gets removed :baby:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Patrick Spens posted:

I've got no justification for this, but it feels wrong for that kind of game to have licensed real player's names and likenesses. If a football has aliens and ice blasts the quarterback should be like, Lance Brockton of the Las Vegas Murderers or something.

I see your point but most people want to play with the players they know. I'm sure you could insert your own creations, and I'd bet that they recorded audio city names and team names in case you change your team's name.

Ice blasts made me think of Sub-Zero, and now I want a MKNFL game.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Cavauro posted:

post the tweet and directly say a very small something about what it says, or if it's a link to a tweet then say what it says in case it gets removed :baby:

i thought it was a "don't post tweets" take, no disagreement with that

easiest thing to do is just post a screenshot instead but that's always more of a pain in the rear end here

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Black Sunshine posted:

All we need is a "do you know who I am?" now

Look if someone’s gonna whine about what’s being posted at least post here. we are here on our old dying forum, refusing to sign the DNR. Twitter is trash but any news is news baby 😎

Gimme the DovKleinman

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stuker posted:

easiest thing to do is just post a screenshot instead but that's always more of a pain in the rear end here

you're my friend, and until we meet again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

Look if someone’s gonna whine about what’s being posted at least post here. we are here on our old dying forum, refusing to sign the DNR. Twitter is trash but any news is news baby 😎

Gimme the DovKleinman

How about the most trusted man in New York, Wes Steinberg

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Cavauro posted:

you're my friend, and until we meet again

:tipshat:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
*Giants sign a bunch of dudes in wheelchairs*

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

fartknocker posted:

That's not Manish

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Post only Dov tweets, that'll really trigger some posters.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wandler20 posted:

Post only Dov tweets, that'll really trigger some posters.

:razz:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Just post nothing but dril tweets forever

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Cavauro posted:

stuker posted:

warmth fills my heart as socratic dialogue spreads wisdom throughout The Thread

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fartknocker posted:

This is my lifeblood

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

N: https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brock-purdy-tom-brady-praise/1661905/

V: not that I really care about what the football robot has opinions about, and also given that in one of these threads I said Purdy reminds me of a rookie football robot but surrounded by insane talent, I’m feelin pretty :smug: that the football robot likes Purdy

Edit: ok I had only ready a synopsis and apparently this is a common talking point, and I am not a visionary mastermind.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gatts posted:

News: Dua Lipa wants a tight end and tweeted George Kittle
Views: Yessssss…the musician-tight end arms race begins

George is a happily married man :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Black Sunshine posted:

Just post nothing but dril tweets forever

Does dril do football?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Without tweets how else will we get graphs that show how good my bad team actually is?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Does dril do football?

Dril is universal

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Posting tweets huh

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1710386117386609008?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was kind of surprised at how long most of the Panthers coaches had lasted up until Tepper bought the team.

You have Capers for 4 seasons, Streifert for 3, and then back to back 9 year runs from Fox & Rivera.

Teppers inherited Rivera, fired him so you have Fewell for 4 games, 2 and a quarter years of Rhule, Wilks as the interim and now you have Reich in a very short period.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

syzpid posted:

I was kind of surprised at how long most of the Panthers coaches had lasted up until Tepper bought the team.

You have Capers for 4 seasons, Streifert for 3, and then back to back 9 year runs from Fox & Rivera.

Teppers inherited Rivera, fired him so you have Fewell for 4 games, 2 and a quarter years of Rhule, Wilks as the interim and now you have Reich in a very short period.

Richardson valued stability (to a fault) while Tepper wants results, and we can see how that's turned out.

The Panthers under Richardson were never the most consistent team in W/Ls, but we managed to make it to the Super Bowl twice and be a playoff team for multiple years. Tepper's Panthers are much more consistent now, and that's consistently bad. We've been one of the worst teams in the league ever since he became owner (his record as owner is currently at 29-58, with the overall team record at 212-242-1)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/1712150215182909890

This Pats team sucks y’all

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this showed up on the ole’ algorithm. Russ throws a legitimately sick tailing two-seamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J7cUkkcifU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

AndrewP posted:

this showed up on the ole’ algorithm. Russ throws a legitimately sick tailing two-seamer

Maybe Colin Kaepernick should pull a Tim Tebow and pivot to baseball. :v:

Also Eli throwing while holding his daughter. :kimchi:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Russ was drafted by the Orioles, and not in the like 17th round where baseball teams sometimes stunt draft college ball players like Pat Mahomes, in the 4th round and spent a few years in the minors

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Holy hell, Kaep looked like he was touching 90 in Jordans and jeans

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fsif posted:

Wild Card Football. Colin Kaepernick is the player they feature most prominently in the key art, for some reason?

Hmm, I think I'll stick to Legend Bowl and Retro Bowl

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Shrimpy posted:

It's called "Wild Card Football"

oh.... right.

thats not really a pun though. they both mean the same thing

Anyways I did play that game. It's kind of a silly version of football, where you have cards with powers you can play between each snap (that either power your players up, make your opponent's players worse, add hazards or certain powers, etc.) and a certain amount of energy to do it. The plays are really limited and the audio in terms of players and announcers is very limited. Kind of a weird mix since it seems small budget but also has the names and likenesses of NFL players. It's kind of fun though. Unique at least.

I don't love that you have to press a button to intercept a pass though, it's hard to remember I think standing in front of the pass should be enough.

tinstaach posted:

Holy hell, Kaep looked like he was touching 90 in Jordans and jeans

Yeah that was a rocket. I had no idea he was drafted to play baseball.

Although sometimes it seems like literally every college athlete with a pulse is drafted to play baseball

Play fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 12, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Does dril do football?

Black Sunshine posted:

Dril is universal

"There's a dril tweet for everything" stays undefeated

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1131170113804103680

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Was it Antonio Gates who played basketball and it was brought up on literally every broadcast

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MikeCrotch posted:

Was it Antonio Gates who played basketball and it was brought up on literally every broadcast

Yes.

Also Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham. And to a lesser extent, Julius Peppers. And probably a few others I’m forgetting.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

MikeCrotch posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NFL_Draft

Ctrl-F for him. Then laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would assume there’s a bunch of teams who would be interested depending on price.

TWEET POST
https://twitter.com/mattlombardonfl/status/1712507058669441316?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ