Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I guess my personal experience with the Iran stuff is yea the initial invasion and war would be devastating in terms of casualties for whatever western forces that try to invade. However, talking to so many relatives and friends there people are just flat out tired of the government and the economy and general state of life is bleak. Outside the basiji and fanatical government supports and soldiers I am not sure how many people would actually support the Iranian government once an invasion occurs. That is why I think Iran generally would try to invade a war at any costs outside of them actually being invaded, the society there is being held together very loosely. My worst fear is yea Iran finally gets rid of the regime and its just a poo poo stain quisling NGO IMF western collaborationist.

Also, glad to hear israel is still broadcasting their genocidal intent

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1712470902573846884

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
hamas is like the schizo Hitler of ISISes... on crack!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
found it

https://x.com/TienanmenCube/status/1394060469309218825?s=20

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

hell yeah

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

one of the fatah leaders got killed today

Al Mayadeen's correspondent: The leader of the Fatah movement, Ibrahim Al-Wadi, and his son were killed in settler attacks in Qusra today.

west bank seems to be getting alot worse settler attacks everywhere

If Palestinians in the West Bank think they can help themselves by "giving up" Gaza, then they truly do not understand their situation.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

moths posted:

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
what pisses me off the most about the babies thing, regardless of its veracity, is how transactional it feels. I feel like I’m being offered the corpse of 40 babies so that I might grant permission for the genocide of a population. it’s revolting. if Hamas asked me to do the same towards all Jews in Israel for the payment of the 400 dead infants and children so far, I would be as revolted.

end apartheid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bearded trump looks like kelsey grammer

anyway check out this art from a politico article

https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-hamas-war-europe-eu-power-irrelevance/

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Death By The Blues posted:

I guess my personal experience with the Iran stuff is yea the initial invasion and war would be devastating in terms of casualties for whatever western forces that try to invade. However, talking to so many relatives and friends there people are just flat out tired of the government and the economy and general state of life is bleak. Outside the basiji and fanatical government supports and soldiers I am not sure how many people would actually support the Iranian government once an invasion occurs. That is why I think Iran generally would try to invade a war at any costs outside of them actually being invaded, the society there is being held together very loosely. My worst fear is yea Iran finally gets rid of the regime and its just a poo poo stain quisling NGO IMF western collaborationist.

Also, glad to hear israel is still broadcasting their genocidal intent

https://twitter.com/AlarabyTV/status/1712470902573846884

There were elections not so long ago and there was a reason the hardliners won, most rural and conservative Iranians support the government. There is opposition but also there is a reason the protests don’t go anywhere.

The Iranian also have modern air defenses and very clearly a very large number of drones and long range missiles. They may not get directly involved but they also have the means to defend themselves and probably arm proxy forces.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

moths posted:

A hosed up thing about banning Al-Saqr is this:

Silencing pro-Palestinian voices under the guise of propriety and decorum is just one tool of the genocide being employed right now, in real time.

Obviously a forums ban is on a smaller scale, but this is a drop from the same poisoned well.

That act, this microcosm of de-personing, is more offensive to the soul than anything depicted in a cartoon.

A wartime cartoon is unsavory, but silencing speech for the oppressed is itself a tool of oppression.

It's upsetting to see it played out again here, of all places.

tru, w/o ol'Al-saqr where are we gonna get such poetic slammers such as

Al-Saqr posted:

oh no the weak kneed shitlibs who never gave a poo poo about me think I lost the moral high ground woooaaaah what will I ever do now that the loser lib left of the west doesnt like when people fight back against apartheid ohhhh nooo their support matters and has mattered before ooooohhh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
as far as hamas goes they could behead 40 babies in the middle of times square and id still support them.

joe biden very obviously lying about them and then immediately walking it back is amazing not because anyone in us politics has integrity or principles, but because gotchaing your opponent in a lie is like the #1 easiest tool in the toolbox

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Israel's PM office twitter account flat out posted dead baby pictures just now.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Homeless Friend posted:

disturbing videos emerging of hamas doing kickflips over headless corpses

horrific reports of gritty using a t-shirt cannon to launch israeli babies into the sea.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Typo posted:

You gonna cry?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
anti natalist goons: how da gently caress are there 40 babies

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Let me put this in very simple terms: I'm not going to cheer on a herrenvolk republic that is a vile mockery of everything and everyone that led up to its creation. It'd actually be less bad if Israel was a straight-up dictatorship, because at least then its actions could be blamed on like one guy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i say swears online posted:

bearded trump looks like kelsey grammer

anyway check out this art from a politico article

https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-hamas-war-europe-eu-power-irrelevance/

lmfao please tell me this is AI e: okay its just an illustration lol

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
This guy loving rules, and good luck settlers against this

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1712463658310353055

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

BULBASAUR posted:

this entire thing is a reminder to how quickly the population can be whipped into a blood frenzy

if you do not participate in the Two Minute Hate, you are a traitor

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
exactly 40 babies. not 39, not 41, but 40. they had them all arranged in a 5x8 grid for easy counting.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The most exhausting part about being right about everything is libs will get to say "but how could we have known" in 5 years and "we were always on your side" in 10

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

uhhhh, I was told on another message board: "While I don’t deny that settlers probably do that, Quds News is connected to both Hamas and Islamic Jihad."

checkmate

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/kingbowski/status/1712379463994896738

this is completely loving insane

(I've been blessed to be computer savvy enough to have not seen a youtube ad in years)

love the weird creepy implication that they’re threatening to murder your babies

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Every Israeli killed was a baby at one point, we're talking 1000s of babies and former babies massacred here.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Popoto posted:

what pisses me off the most about the babies thing, regardless of its veracity, is how transactional it feels. I feel like I’m being offered the corpse of 40 babies so that I might grant permission for the genocide of a population. it’s revolting. if Hamas asked me to do the same towards all Jews in Israel for the payment of the 400 dead infants and children so far, I would be as revolted.

end apartheid

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

it’s wild how all the Respectable Media and the respectable people who listen to it have been obsessed with straight up fake news, and particularly obvious fake news, for almost the entirety of these events. real flashback to the Iraq war lead up.

this happened with Ukraine too but at least there (ghost of Kiev aside) the fake news was mostly vaguely plausible. this stuff is almost literally “I was in the room and the baby looked at me and then hamas laughed and beheaded the baby”

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Typo posted:

it doesn't rise to empty quote but i do like it

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Typo posted:

drat that is a banger of an al saqr post being correct

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It would be very strange, from a basic human nature standpoint, if Israel and the US invaded Iran, blew up their buildings, sent troops into their homes, and the reaction from the general Iranian population was, "yeah fair point we didn't like the current president very much".

I mean, a lot of people really hated Trump. But if China invaded I think most of them would have discovered they are more pro-Trump than they are pro-their nation being invaded

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Popoto posted:

end apartheid

thats right, ppl jumping to go X or Y didn't happen are basically trying to do some D&Djitsu

Homeless Friend posted:

Just more thoughts from my previous post. Thinking on it more and to flip the politically inconvenient thing, I'd say it matters little what doofus SA poster says re: children being murdered didn't happen. Rather than such a poster attempting to politically inconvenience ppl for their cause, its flipped. They're recognizing that the murder itself is used as a tool of political convenience: to normalize the brutalization of Gazans. It doesn't quite exist in the same way on SA of course (which is a real source of annoyance to anybody trying to post normally, I'm sure), but there isn't much nuance between Gazan, Palestinian and Hamas in most places available to a westerner. Seeing them described as animals, terrorist, evil etc is rather mainstream. So naturally, when you or somebody else come forth with facts, or the most factual sources available, even if you are the most dispassionate observer merely stating X seems to have happened it is harder to peel away, or even intractable, from the expected, silent, more mainstream conclusion: X happened, therefore we have to wipe em out.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Gripweed posted:

But if China invaded I think most of them would have discovered they are more pro-Trump than they are pro-their nation being invaded

speak for yourself

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

...in a row?

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

The big thing is how many of those Shiite miltias from Iraq, Lebanon and Syria will actually join the war once Israel invades Gaza. If that happens then yea Israel will probably find some excuse to bomb Iran. Also, Gaza is being bomb non stop today in particular the north, one residential/apartment building has been completely levelled with at least 30 dead.

Well they just bombed Syria without having the need for an excuse, mostly out of muscle memory.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rubellavator posted:

the people who want to read this as babies being beheaded are still reading it as babies being beheaded

How? Did I miss the fact that all Israelis are the size of Oompa Loompas no matter the age and you can’t tell a child, adult, or baby apart simply by looking at the size?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

yup. they walked back the beheading part, so all the Israel boosters go "but 40 babies were still murdered, just not through beheading" and it then becomes doubtful that even "40 babies were murdered" is true because how the gently caress are there 40 babies in a town of 400 and they're like, all in one place, and then the Hamas fighters took time out of their operation to do it?

maybe it was a weird zionist hippie cult commune right? can't be that people are just lying on the internet

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Best Friends posted:

it’s wild how all the Respectable Media and the respectable people who listen to it have been obsessed with straight up fake news, and particularly obvious fake news, for almost the entirety of these events. real flashback to the Iraq war lead up.

this happened with Ukraine too but at least there (ghost of Kiev aside) the fake news was mostly vaguely plausible. this stuff is almost literally “I was in the room and the baby looked at me and then hamas laughed and beheaded the baby”

when the submarine got lost, they devoted 5 days to it even though they knew immediately it popped. it's all bullshit

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

yup. they walked back the beheading part, so all the Israel boosters go "but 40 babies were still murdered, just not through beheading" and it then becomes doubtful that even "40 babies were murdered" is true because how the gently caress are there 40 babies in a town of 400 and they're like, all in one place, and then the Hamas fighters took time out of their operation to do it?

We know it's not implausible because IIRC ~40 children were killed during that infamous raid in Yemen where we attacked the wrong town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

exactly 40 babies. not 39, not 41, but 40. they had them all arranged in a 5x8 grid for easy counting.

they meant it in the biblical sense of “40 days and 40 nights” as in many days, not a literal number, although they also literally did mean that number so