Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

America has failed AEW

edit: sorry Fed Fanatics I thought this was the other thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's Tover

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Seems like good ratings for both. NXT got its highest rating ever (?) and AEW held up well for changing nights and having strong competition.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I thought that was a weak episode of NXT and suffered for all they did with it. I really think they should've run a normal show. Asuka vs. Roxy was pretty good but the rest of the guests were just pointless.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cm punk getting himself fired from the sweetest gig possible for him then proving himself once again a hypocrite by crawling back to a company that fired him on his wedding day and drained his bank account with bullshit lawsuits only for them to say 'nah, we're good' is the funniest possible outcome in the saga so I'm thankful I got to see it happen

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

America has spoken, and by god it’s about time we start listening

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the faithful have been vindicated at last.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It's fine

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the show that had to switch nights to one they aren't normally on lost? weird

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

cm punk getting himself fired from the sweetest gig possible for him then proving himself once again a hypocrite by crawling back to a company that fired him on his wedding day and drained his bank account with bullshit lawsuits only for them to say 'nah, we're good' is the funniest possible outcome in the saga so I'm thankful I got to see it happen

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Orange Carlisle posted:

mhm

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

America has spoken, and by god it’s about time we start listening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgCK8PnFK_Y

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

the show that had to switch nights to one they aren't normally on lost? weird

if wwe ran nxt on wednesday with all those main roster stars i bet they'd have beaten aew then too

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope they eventually do take him back, but it will be the wettest of farts of a comeback, unannounced on some C-tier PPV and he will linger in the lower midcard in forever feuds with whoever is their new Dolph Ziggler. Basically, everything everyone cheered for him overcoming in his WWE career, I want to happen to him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope they eventually do take him back, but it will be the wettest of farts of a comeback, unannounced on some C-tier PPV and he will linger in the lower midcard in forever feuds with whoever is their new Dolph Ziggler. Basically, everything everyone cheered for him overcoming in his WWE career, I want to happen to him.

But doctor! CM Punk is the new Dolph Ziggler!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

At this point I feel Cody is the new Dolph Ziggler. Bleached blond hair? Check. Prone to take ridiculous bumps in the ring? Check. Stuck in neverending feuds with the same opponents? Check. Only allowed to wrestle for (and maybe later win) the secondary World Title while the primary one is held hostage by the company's Golden Boy? Check.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Too soon.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Germansimp posted:

At this point I feel Cody is the new Dolph Ziggler. Bleached blond hair? Check. Prone to take ridiculous bumps in the ring? Check. Stuck in neverending feuds with the same opponents? Check. Only allowed to wrestle for (and maybe later win) the secondary World Title while the primary one is held hostage by the company's Golden Boy? Check.

Loves The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Miiiiiichaels? Check.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Shard posted:

Punk should get into the game industry - when you mess up there they'll usually transfer you to a different studio - sometimes with a raise.

Youre confusing the games industry with the Catholic church

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Catholic Man Punk: He turned water into WHAT?! *flings bible into a pile of monitors*

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He can turn milk into apple juice.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

He turned tears into unemployment

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

showed pictures of punk to my most beloathed coworker and she immediately said he has such kind eyes.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Trying posted:

Catholic Man Punk: He turned water into WHAT?! *flings bible into a pile of monitors*

Is that REAL stained glass, are you crazy?!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

a.lo posted:

showed pictures of punk to my most beloathed coworker and she immediately said he has such kind eyes.

I urgently need to know the circumstances in which you were showing a loathed coworker pictures of professional wrestlers

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!

Trying posted:

"Saint John, what are you doing?? MY DIET SODA"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The ousting has begun.

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1712461084664430897?s=20

quote:

“I would say to you there’s plenty of interest in Raw, right now. I know people are like, ‘NBC is out of the mix’ and that’s why it went down. I think there’s three things that happened. One, the reason the stock is down is they thought Raw was the best package. I saw 40 percent increase which was in line with expectations… Two, the P.F.L. situation and three, probably Vince (McMahon) in our deal, wanted to be able to put, at any point in time, his stock. He’s 78 years old. He’s been working at this for decades and decades so, I think those three back-to-back issues.”

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I think the stock dropping probably has more to do with Smackdown being moved off of FOX, but eh I am not gonna complain if Vince gets ousted.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But that's clearly not Vince.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean didn't Ari also say that Endeavor would only agree to the deal if Vince was included or are we finding out that was all just a ploy to get Vince to hand them his empire and then kick him out the second the ink dries? Cause that would be the funniest outcome possible.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Always nice to have a good scapegoat at hand.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Drakkel posted:

I mean didn't Ari also say that Endeavor would only agree to the deal if Vince was included or are we finding out that was all just a ploy to get Vince to hand them his empire and then kick him out the second the ink dries? Cause that would be the funniest outcome possible.

Vince is old and now dealing with sharks much like himself. Getting Nick Khan involved was a short term blessing and long term curse. He is losing control week by week and he will be shut out eventually. They got him good due to his hubris.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Vince being finally outworked would be the funniest thing on the planet.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol if they only buttered Vince up so he'd sell to them and are now planning to use him as a scapegoat

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It turns out the real money mark... was u all along...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*cut to Spring 2024*

“WHAT IS VANCE MCENROE DOING IN THE DYNAMITE ZONE?!?”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Tony Khan seems to have his head on straight about not making any deal where he could lose power.

Vince should have really sat under Tony's learning tree to get a better understanding of business.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

he'll continue failing upward and dana white will somehow get fired instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://twitter.com/ThreeKidneysMoj/status/1711093678394011762?t=xeN9M_KBiCIH6bVGNLtXuA&s=19

lol