Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Got a reply back from Sky about Kay Burley misquoting Husam Zomlot:

Sky News Complaints Department posted:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Ms Burley’s questioning of the appropriateness of David Lammy sharing a platform with the Palestine Ambassador.

Ms Burley summarised the Ambassador’s comments provided during a detailed interview with CNN. While we acknowledge that Ms Burley was not providing a direct quote from the Palestinian Ambassador, in the context of the full CNN interview we believe that she was fairly summarising his position.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Best wishes

Fantastic, I'm sure Burley's superb journalistic integrity will continue to provide fair and balanced coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Any chance of getting Ofcom involved

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Dabir posted:

Surely appealing to the referee will get this abuse of power rectified!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah that one's just weird and gross and uncomfortable to read.

Still not quite as :dogstare: as when he went full Fourteen Words while reviewing a chicken restaurant.

And then there's this classic

Giles Coren posted:

Next door have bought their 12-year-old son a drum kit. For gently caress's sake! Do I kill him then burn it? Or do I gently caress him, then kill him then burn it?

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Dabir posted:

Yep, I'm going to get on to them later this afternoon. I am very tired but so relentlessly appalled by the media coverage and response from our politicians that I feel like it's worth it. Expecting nothing, of course but you never know.

I realise I have entered the "sending stern emails" stage of my life, thus skipping my 40's and heading straight into my 60's / 70's.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well I'm glad my neighbour didn't gently caress me then kill me then burn my drum kit when I was a teenager...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Surely appealing to the referee will get this abuse of power rectified!

Even if the best we can hope for is it makes their lives slightly more inconvenient, can't hurt to try

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
So how often does Giles write about loving kids in his column(s)?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

frytechnician posted:

Yep, I'm going to get on to them later this afternoon. I am very tired but so relentlessly appalled by the media coverage and response from our politicians that I feel like it's worth it. Expecting nothing, of course but you never know.

I realise I have entered the "sending stern emails" stage of my life, thus skipping my 40's and heading straight into my 60's / 70's.

imo it shows that we have become powerful enough to wield the written word to damage the psyche of relatively comfortable lower level staff who read our emails then delete them without forwarding to management

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Necrothatcher posted:

Oh gently caress I just looked up what he wrote about his daughter

:barf:

It's a total loving nightmare. Generally horrific oval office, and that's without touching upon his shithead oval office opinions on Dawn Foster's death

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Monica Bellucci posted:

a worryingly high number of times, particularly given he is, if I remember right, a food critic by speciality

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Oh, I Have Known Such People, never again.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Monica Bellucci posted:

Enough that he should not be allowed near children or the written word.

Also he literally can't conceive of himself as wrong, like with his spending a month doubling and tripling down on "I'm not racist, I'm anti-racist, this bizarre 'race revenge' conspiracy theory I've just shat out about soul food being part of some anti-white plot is actually the opposite of racism." I'm not going to check if he's like that with his comments about children, but I'm willing to bet he absolutely is.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
So does he have any strong opinions on food, or does he save those for, well, that other poo poo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think he has opinions on fast food polluting our precious bodily fluids.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I know that as a nation our chief export is nonces but jfc how exactly did Giles Coren write “I enjoy my sexy holidays with my three year old daughter and her plump lips” in a national newspaper and not instantly get tackled to the floor by cops?

Then again the Sun literally printed what we’d consider CSAM on a regular basis until loving 2015.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

So does he have any strong opinions on food, or does he save those for, well, that other poo poo

he has strong opinions on a Chinese restaurant answering their phone in Chinese

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Surprise T Rex posted:

I know that as a nation our chief export is nonces but jfc how exactly did Giles Coren write “I enjoy my sexy holidays with my three year old daughter and her plump lips” in a national newspaper and not instantly get tackled to the floor by cops?

Then again the Sun literally printed what we’d consider CSAM on a regular basis until loving 2015.

The answer to why all british journos can openly be nonces in print is that the senior leadership of the met are in the same paedophile ring as the journalists' bosses.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/shutupmoveon/status/1712459913023389970

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1712460004937306466

:allears:

e: Rishi has found a solution for the hospital bed crisis:

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1712412180824379474

He's going to announce 10,000 new virtual homes tomorrow

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 12, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh yes he was the idiot who wanted a UK cryptocurrency wasn't he

glad to know homelessness has been solved via the metaverse

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Put the homeless on the blockchain, etc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Drake no: gurney in the corridor
Drake yes: virtual ward bed

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I sleep in a virtual ward bed with my wife

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://x.com/SkyNews/status/1712418973759725676?s=20

quick! something isn't happening!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12622999/Giles-Coren-Daily-Mail-journalist-parking-row.html

quote:

Another Twitter user suggested Mr Coren had been drunk when he sent the emails.

The food critic replied: 'I appreciate your concern my friend. But I don’t really drink. Maybe once or twice a week at most. This man came after my family, to the door of my very home. He sent his minions to terrify my wife, those words were all I had to throw at him in my impotent rage and fear'.

#feelsgood

e: I'm sad that the Mail didn't follow up with my erectile dysfunction punchline

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 12, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

At least he recognises his impotence

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Naturally, after feeling impotent with rage, Gilesy took up boxing or something? No? Just continued being a two-pump chump with the missus, then? Or perhaps wrote a scathing dismissal of fish fingers and their inherent sluttiness, perhaps?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Finally some sanity restored, the Palestinian people thank you Britain.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Finland will be disappointed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

Oh when you read it in the context of the...

loving hell.
Yeah it's like he started writing for infowars in the middle of his food review. There's a bunch of Covid denialism in there too to go with the 'race revenge'/'white degeneration' conspiracy theory, two shite tastes that go terribly together.

quote:

Decimated during the pandemic by two years of ineffective and mistimed government responses, hysterical lockdowns, mysterious U-turns, laughable curfews, arbitrary drinking bans, unfathomable social distancing regulations, cynical landlords, baffling paperwork, steepling debt, general public wussiness and closure after closure after closure

Finding it hard to read that as anything but "food service workers didn't want to die for a shift, and that's why the whites are eating Black food now."

If David Icke was a nepo baby he'd still be doing the football coverage, because it's very clear that "talking utter bollocks" and "making awful poo poo up" aren't the actual barriers to British journalism.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might go for some degeneration tonight for tea

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

The replies to this are the worst thing in the world, full of open racism. Think I might need to take a break from the internet for a bit. Making me feel ill.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Zalakwe posted:

The replies to this are the worst thing in the world, full of open racism. Think I might need to take a break from the internet for a bit. Making me feel ill.

Why not just delete your Twitter account? Then you can't read the replies.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm having a great time on twitter at the moment. It's the the perfect toxic environment for rapid fire shitposting

FullFact did an investigation into the El Borto Keith recording, and it's loving brilliant, as we can now use this investigation to keep the troll going.

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1712492564463468614

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Not surprised to hear that Starmer supports bringing back the death penalty.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is very funny that the rebuttal is just "trust me bro" but for the concept of the media and government

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

fuctifino posted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12622999/Giles-Coren-Daily-Mail-journalist-parking-row.html

#feelsgood

e: I'm sad that the Mail didn't follow up with my erectile dysfunction punchline

In a sane world, Coren's weird posting would get him canned from his do nothing job at the JC, lest their credibility be tarnished. in reality gently caress all will happen because we're in a post-consequences reality for anyone with real power.

In other news, the Thornberry interview has made me sad.
https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1712401412120879271

This particular episode of Palestine and Israel feels very different to previous ones. Normally the press and Tories would rely on labour to be the buffer against outright fascism. Labour would take their lumps from the powers that be in order to help Palestine to continue to exist. Now that Labour simply don't care, there's no break on this thing.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Scientastic posted:

Why not just delete your Twitter account? Then you can't read the replies.

That is a good shout but it's just a bit dead kids and Kier Starmer all the way down right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PalFest/status/1712470670037368900

So I guess it's fascism now...