Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

This is Israel’s 90/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"We gave them Coke Zero, and they said, 'No, we want Diet Coke.'"

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1712221575544517081

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tOkcbI5dvI

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
sure, the IDF has been caught telling bare-faced lies straight out of Victorian propaganda in the hopes of dehumanizing the mass of civilians they are in the process of murdering

but pointing out that people swallowed fascist propaganda hook, line, and sinker makes them feel bad, and as we all know that second one is a much greater crime

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Sanlav posted:

Kissinger talked them out of keeping the suez. How the loving butter biscuits did he pull that off.

Probably more of a military limitation than a genuine diplomatic concession

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

DaysBefore posted:

America needs Israel so the rest of the American-dominated bloc also has to back them. That's all

Which war did we start acquiesing instead of measuring our response. We pushed back early on when they led grabbed I. 67, we we're on board with the Russians for a while at containment and detente but in 73 or 77 something changed. Israel was eating poo poo for a few weeks and we sent tanks, jets, modern infantry and motorized gear, and then historians spent 30 years wonderwaffening at the military prowess of the IDF for a half century.

Like the Arab world collectively remembered that the west isn't a partner to build a future the moment this started, we spiked the foot Ll on everyone in the region before to let them know the game is rigged and not to play.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
My gut reaction for next step Israel is gonna let a token/nominal amount of aid so at least the media can say they are being "humane" and respecting international law but also increase the amount and severity of strikes so things will be worse.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

What are the best humanitarian organizations to donate to, if any? Is anyone at all even being allowed in?

MSF is on the ground and I don't think they're that bad as far as charities go. Dunno if they can even get new supplies in though, doubt it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Atrocious Joe posted:

"anti-war" Congressman Matt Gaetz calls for Floridians to arm themselves in anticipation of the "Day of Jihad" tomorrow
https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1712429390020378692

not that it matters but of course no global day of jihad was mentioned, there was an arabic statement to other arabic countries to protest

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

a coworker is telling parents to delete their kids' social media apps because hamas says they're going to livestream executions this weekend

and a boomer facebook friend said they were going to buy their first guns because of terrorists streaming across our open borders to attack us (along with the 40 babies thing ofc)

lmao forever

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol this country is so retarded

the propaganda and media hysteria is certainly ten times worse than 9/11

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Is it ethical to refuse medical treatment to Hamas terrorists seeking care in Israeli hospitals, even though healthcare professionals have a moral duty to refrain from discrimination based on non-clinical factors? According to at least two senior physicians and ethicists, excluding the individuals responsible for the deaths of over 1,300 Israelis from Israeli public hospitals is justifiable and rooted in logical reasoning.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

"anti-war" Congressman Matt Gaetz calls for Floridians to arm themselves in anticipation of the "Day of Jihad" tomorrow
Protect Kroger at all costs

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im dan carlin and this is hard r history

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

a coworker is telling parents to delete their kids' social media apps because hamas says they're going to livestream executions this weekend

and a boomer facebook friend said they were going to buy their first guns because of terrorists streaming across our open borders to attack us (along with the 40 babies thing ofc)

lmao forever

we’re back in 2001 and Americans in shitsville, middle of nowhere are convinced they’re next to be 9/11’d

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i remember when people in my hometown got scared because someone started a rumor on myspace that the bloods and crips were gonna have a gang war outside my high school in western ny lol

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

shyduck posted:

Protect Kroger at all costs

Nah it's Florida they're protecting the pub subs

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

lmao forever

lol

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

it really is 10 x 9/11 because america has somehow gotten 10x dumber since then

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
remember during the gaza barge ordeal when israel staged radio comms from the barge saying "go back to auschwitz" and seized all the weapons on board including a rusty hand saw and a kirpan

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

I am 100% confident that the whole thing is being pushed so that no one who isn't willing to have their life destroyed attends any of those rallies.

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016

Equeen posted:

I can’t wrap my head around why Israel is given this much special treatment from Western countries. Like, obviously there’s a lot of historical and religious context, but I just… can’t comprehend why letting an obvious genocide happen is totally fine, actually.

If you object you could be labeled an anti-Semite, which is what decent people are most afraid of. So genocide it is.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Spaced God posted:

Nah it's Florida they're protecting the pub subs

those chicky tenders are worth protecting at all costs :hai:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

it was like the ISIS of 9/11s, on ROIDS

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Soggy Muffin posted:

Can’t believe I used to listen to that Dan Carlin prick. He is so smarmy and out of touch and just blatantly wrong on a lot of facts he’s stating. At least he’s getting murdered in the comments

i tried listening to him once but he just came across as too much of a self-serious mediocre doofus

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Equeen posted:

I can’t wrap my head around why Israel is given this much special treatment from Western countries. Like, obviously there’s a lot of historical and religious context, but I just… can’t comprehend why letting an obvious genocide happen is totally fine, actually.

It's because white people stick together op

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I think one of the awful things of all of this is the framing of of isreali settlers as complete innocents where as each Palestinian is guilty by association.

Like the entire settlement program is a recognized genocide war crime!

it is one of the worst aspects of the media framing. People eat it up!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

We really are back to October 2001.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

everyone always talks about how hindsight is 20/20 but no one ever mentions how foggy my glasses get looking at white phosphorous

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

no way these jihadis can stand up against the wrecking crew of mother's little pissboy and matt gaetz (r-word, little st. james)

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Death By The Blues posted:

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712496411395170388

Man so much of this is just an underlying we let too many immigrants in the last 15 years from MENA and we gotta get a little anger and xenophobia out

goddamn the West is ripping it’s mask off

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
He is absolutely gonna win again

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712519974735028528

Also more clashes going off again in Jerusalem

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712522271120589046

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

time for dhuhr prayer

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Crusty Nutsack posted:

lmao forever

lmao americans are so hosed up in the head

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

going to do a peoples arrest of my pakistani neighbors for attempting a global jihad

slave to my cravings posted:

lol this country is so retarded

the propaganda and media hysteria is certainly ten times worse than 9/11

lol

quote:

uh, hmm. ok, well. um. yeah.

I've been ignoring these IK buttons because I didn't want to be an IK and I didn't want Koos dumping responsibility for this poo poo on me. but it turns out that as much as I hate the idea of using IK buttons, I hate reading people being insufferable pedants about dead babies even more

:siren:let's please bring the "were the babies decapitated or merely shot and burned" talk to a close right here, and keep it that way:siren:

:siren:same goes for the "were the women raped or merely murdered" talk. it's been a while since it came up, yeah, but i never want to see it again. no more:siren:

yeah, maybe the IDF are exaggerating a bit. i don't loving care. these are not appropriate subjects for this level of pedantry

for gently caress's sake people

if you don't like this go complain to Koos, i am so far past giving a poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
do we get a three day weekend for global jihad day

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok so maybe the babies were wearing uniforms. Maybe the babies were in their 30s
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1712509210557091897?t=QWvCrKSPZrHXHmoK-2Zurw&s=19

well iof soldiers are giant babies. case solved.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao americans are so hosed up in the head

Always have been.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

do we get a three day weekend for global jihad day

lol my companies NYC office closed for tomorrow cause too many people are too scared that’s it’s gonna be 9/11 2 and they refuse to go into Manhattan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Equeen posted:

Americans support genocidal apartheid states because Americans love genocide and apartheid. We helped the Saudis starve Yemen, we trained the Guatemalan einzatsgruppen as they killed a quarter million peasants, we backed the Indonesian dictatorship when they slaughtered half a million dissidents. Israel just does a bit better in the PR department