Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Bellmaker posted:

N:

V: what’s the record for time of possession in a game??

I swear the answer to this is incredibly dumb. Someone tried to keep one of the leagues top offenses down by controlling the ball. They had all these big long drives that ate a ton of clock but couldn't get in the end zone. The good offense just came in, ran 3-4 long plays and scored TDs every drive. I think the time difference was 45-15 but the team that won time of possession lost by a lot.

Maybe it was one of the really good Manning Colts teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

syzpid posted:

I swear the answer to this is incredibly dumb. Someone tried to keep one of the leagues top offenses down by controlling the ball. They had all these big long drives that ate a ton of clock but couldn't get in the end zone. The good offense just came in, ran 3-4 long plays and scored TDs every drive. I think the time difference was 45-15 but the team that won time of possession lost by a lot.

Pretty much, Colts - Dolphins 2009

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

syzpid posted:

You’re thinking of the 2009 game where the Dolphins had possession for 45 minutes and lost 27-23 to the Colts. They don’t have the record.

Most of the highest possession teams won.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/wh...2010%2C%201991.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

:lol: this is amazing stuff. First play, 80 yard TD to Dallas Clark of all people

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I want to see the list of NFL players that played other sports besides baseball, basketball, or wrestling.

I wanna see the player that also played tennis. Or ran cross country.

Herschel Walker made the Olympics in bobsled and the sport recruits a lot from football since the power/speed burst of a RB is exactly what's needed.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
So who besides Denver is going to have a fire sale to make sure they get a top 2 pick? Pats? Vikings? Jefferson + Caleb would be fun.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Calidus posted:

So who besides Denver is going to have a fire sale to make sure they get a top 2 pick? Pats? Vikings? Jefferson + Caleb would be fun.

Who the hell do the Pats have to trade?? Judon’s done for the season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For those of us who watched his pro day live tell me he doesn't look exactly the same in games?

Just pinpoint accuracy without his blood pressure rising past 65. He's Hannibal Lecter

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

For those of us who watched his pro day live tell me he doesn't look exactly the same in games?

Just pinpoint accuracy without his blood pressure rising past 65. He's Hannibal Lecter

He looked the same at Ohio State.

There was a lot of stupid poo poo said about him during the draft process because of the logo on his helmet.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Real curious what a Patriots fire sale would even look like. Is someone giving up a pick for Rhomondre and his 2.8 y/carry?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Right now I'm trying to figure out if anybody wants Mac Jones as a backup and the only team that has a worse QB is likely the Jets.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1712563089298584004?s=46

end racism

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Right now I'm trying to figure out if anybody wants Mac Jones as a backup and the only team that has a worse QB is likely the Jets.

Not even sure this is true.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

You beat me to the obvious joke!

Yeah Pats don't even have anybody to sell lol, the roster is just poo poo everywhere. The few good defensive players are on IR and don't really make sense to trade. Good thing they burned 2 draft picks on a punter and kicker though. Set for years there.

The vibe went from "maybe with BOB they can scrap their way to a wildcard berth!" to "what everyone thought the Caridnals were during the offseason" real fuckin fast

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Patriots already traded their best player for a 2025 7th rounder.

Nick Folk is still perfect so far, loving glad we have him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

Ted Ginn dropped the game winner in the end zone I was in for this game. That sucked

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Amy Pole Her posted:

MILLIONS? Jesus I knew he got paid (i remember the debate) but I didn’t think it’d be MILLIONS

drat itd be nice to be a celebtrity and get paid an entire life's wages for doing incredibly easy, normal poo poo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm going to post a tweet

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

https://twitter.com/dennisrodman/status/1166475678478241792?t=hCSz_4f7KvGK5nkDlJgRWQ&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trigger warning Taylor Swift is going to be at the game tonight apparently

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Showing up to watch the Chiefs clobber the Bears, Jets, and Broncos, she must be into some real sicko poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The TV networks are 100% paying her to go.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

pseudodragon posted:

Herschel Walker made the Olympics in bobsled and the sport recruits a lot from football since the power/speed burst of a RB is exactly what's needed.

NASCAR recruits a lot of college football players for pit crew for the same reason

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
McAfee doubled down and really wants to lick all the way through some boots.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/pat-mcafee-andrew-marchand-confirms-aaron-rodgers-payment.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

“I appreciate the people that think they’re killing me right now for this,” McAfee said. “But if this is what I’m known for, I’m OK with it.

“With that being said, Andrew Marchand is a rat, ok? That is what he is. He tried to paint this in a way that makes me look like a bad person. And it’s like, you’re the bad person,” McAfee added.

“And hopefully other people will have to pay people for their time at some point as well. Sorry I’ve ruined your little gimmick of ‘you’re lucky to get to talk and make our lives a lot easier,’ if that’s what this is. But I am not embarrassed or ashamed of that at all. At all.”

Yes paying people to give them a softball interview sounds like the greatest thing ever Pat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/pat-mcafee-andrew-marchand-confirms-aaron-rodgers-payment.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yes paying people to give them a softball interview sounds like the greatest thing ever Pat.

Did you really think "The Pat McAfee Show" hosted by the idiot former punter in a tank top was the place to go for hard hitting journalism?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

McAfee is being a little whiny, but I gotta be honest, I think the core of what he's saying is correct. It's not like he's some hard nosed journalist, he's just hiring Aaron Rodgers to be on his podcast and bro down every week cause it brings more viewers and attention. It's like being mad that a football player got paid to do a guest spot on a sitcom

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s literally a bro fest. Its a dumber version of Dan Lebatard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every dumbass punter who can't shut up should have a podcast. chris kluwe missed out on at least 11,000 dollars early in the game

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He probably made way more than that selling WoW gold.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he could have recorded it while farming gold

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
please don't say slurs on here. anything that creates the mental image of "chris kluwe podcast" is a slur

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did Kluwe ever use slurs?

I thought it was mostly just like "poo poo slurping douche nozzles!"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The TV networks are 100% paying her to go.

I think she has more money than the networks

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Did Kluwe ever use slurs?

I thought it was mostly just like "poo poo slurping douche nozzles!"

yeah Kluwe was very 90s Image Comics

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Don't really understand why Marchand is a rat for reporting something that isn't a big deal.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rogue Elephant posted:

McAfee is being a little whiny, but I gotta be honest, I think the core of what he's saying is correct. It's not like he's some hard nosed journalist, he's just hiring Aaron Rodgers to be on his podcast and bro down every week cause it brings more viewers and attention. It's like being mad that a football player got paid to do a guest spot on a sitcom

If he weren't knee jerk mad and upfront that Aaron is just another employee, I'd agree. Dudes mad because he wants to have his bro show and be seen as legit.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think it’s funny that McAfee has to pay his already very wealthy “friend” to hang out with him on his podcast.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

:lol: this is amazing stuff. First play, 80 yard TD to Dallas Clark of all people

Dallas Clark owned.

pseudodragon posted:

DT Michael Carter, who was a starter for the 49ers on three of their Super Bowl teams in the 80s, won a silver medal in the shot put in the 1984 Summer Olympics.

If you wanna go way back, Bob Hayes had a few gold medals and also ended up in the HoF.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Did you really think "The Pat McAfee Show" hosted by the idiot former punter in a tank top was the place to go for hard hitting journalism?

Wait, pat Mcafee is the same dude who would do those crazy punts and fakes and tackles during returns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If he weren't knee jerk mad and upfront that Aaron is just another employee, I'd agree. Dudes mad because he wants to have his bro show and be seen as legit.

Legit what? It’s just a fratbro entertainment stream. He pays because Rodgers brings him lots of viewers.