Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

an omen of syria's involvement...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Day of Jihad scare might further delay the approval for a new Speaker of the House, and therefore delay a vote for more aid to Israel
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1712549648190287955

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Al Jazeera just now had a correspondent talking about Israel probably needing support from the US, but probably going ahead anyway if they get rebuked over any kind of horrific action (as if).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Fleetwood posted:

oh is that what it is?

In addition to going hard with the "40 decapitated babies any%" propaganda, the usual suspects have also fanned out to clutch their pearls and collapse onto their fainting couches about the "far left" "supporting terrorism". So yeah....McCarthyism 2.0 (3.0 if you count the immediate post-9/11 era).

Also would like an Al-Saqr/pro-Palestinian gangtag if/when one is made.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

antipattern posted:

gangtag when

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Landlord of Israeli Hostage Taken From Rave Tells Roommate to Find Replacement and Come Up With the Rent

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Day of Jihad scare might further delay the approval for a new Speaker of the House, and therefore delay a vote for more aid to Israel

it's always the ooh ra look at mah guns and freedom types that are the most afraid

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Fleetwood posted:

oh is that what it is?

Alex Gutentag?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1712490086674161694

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

speng31b posted:

its the perfect solution for libs because its technically a compromise between genocide and something actually good happening

A greater horror can always be invented so the current decision can be treated as a compromise.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

ELTON JOHN posted:

telling palestinians to move is just advocating for ethnic cleansing lol

1948 part 2

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hubbert posted:

1948 part 2

going nakback in time

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

economic terrorism

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s been mentioned before but unlike other “major world events”, absolutely no one, and i mean no one, is talking about this in real life. not at work, in the cafe or among friends. it’s like living in the “stereotypical” oppressed USSR where you can’t trust anyone in case they spread the news you’re an antisemitic bigot and destroy your life

there was one at work today that started talking about it during lunch, and they got told pretty rapidly to shut up if they valued their job. then we moved on to discuss the bad weather.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Blarghalt posted:

From my understanding, most of the leaders of basically every middle eastern country couldn't give two shits about the plight of Palestinians, but their populaces are mostly hugely supportive, which sort of paralyzes them into doing one thing or another

posted yesterday, presumably this is the 92nd armored division of T-72 tanks:

Middle East Spectator posted:

— 🇮🇷/🇮🇶 NEW: Reports that the Iranian armored divisions are on the road from Ahvaz to Khorramabad, which is roughly in the direction of Iraqi Kurdistan

@Middle_Eas_Spectator
(from t.me/Middle_East_Spectator/2144, via tgsa)

and today

Middle East Spectator posted:

— 🇮🇷/🇱🇧 NEW: Iran Foreign Minister leaves Baghdad, now on his way to Lebanon or Syria

@Middle_East_Spectator
(from t.me/Middle_East_Spectator/2156, via tgsa)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

:hmmyes:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
at least a few muslims are gonna get killed tomorrow in the US eh

probably wont even make it out of the local news

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ELTON JOHN posted:

at least a few muslims people of darker than peach skin complexion are gonna get killed tomorrow in the US eh

probably wont even make it out of the local news

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s been mentioned before but unlike other “major world events”, absolutely no one, and i mean no one, is talking about this in real life. not at work, in the cafe or among friends. it’s like living in the “stereotypical” oppressed USSR where you can’t trust anyone in case they spread the news you’re an antisemitic bigot and destroy your life

yeah it’s wylde I don’t know what to make of it yet

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Israel is just committing a horrific ton of war crimes tonight in Gaza, probably the worst bombings so far

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/wesleysmorgan/status/1712506126762197457?t=BedY_Gjku4u6i0FpRCdHUg&s=19

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it's always the ooh ra look at mah guns and freedom types that are the most afraid

Oh no, we can't expect her to work on a weekend during a crisis like literally every other profession on Earth would.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

a tearful marjorie taylor greene recounts hiding under her desk believing the jihadis were banging on her office door, and the wave of relief when it turned out to be the capitol police coming to check on her

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

talked to my parents who are MSNBC/NPR libs about the war

they live in an area with a decent size arab/palestinian population.

I've argued with them about the Ukraine war but they have very little sympathy for Israel in this war. They are some of the few liberals who probably identify Ukraine and Palestine as sort of the same cause, as small countries fighting off a larger invader.

on the "40 beheaded babies" thing my mom started talking about how we know from mass shootings in the US that when an assault rifle shoots a child their body can be ripped apart. So it's not surprising children killed in the crossfire are horrific to see.

It's anecdotal but I thought it was interesting

well
congratulations
I think this is the smartest parent on the forums I’ve ever read an anecdote about.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

I got coaxed into talking about this today at my Bible Belt chud-factory job by a politically oblivious friend. Not sure why he thought Israel/Palestine was a chill thing to pivot to after we wrapped up the banal video game chat he came over to my desk to initiate. I've spent the last few hours super paranoid that I spoke too loudly and someone else heard me imply that Palestinians are humans.

I've been trying to keep the earbuds in most of the time but I have overheard several mentions of the Day of Jihad lmao. "Sounds like it's coming to America next", "they've probably already got in through the borders." poo poo like that. Very stupid but a lot harder to laugh at when you hear it irl from your boss than it is when you see it in a dumbass tweet.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

a tearful marjorie taylor greene recounts hiding under her desk believing the jihadis were banging on her office door, and the wave of relief when it turned out to be the capitol police coming to check on her

peeking through my blinds at 9pm in case the jihad is show up to kidnap me

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Governor Hochul of New York is asked what is her message to Palestinians in New York who have loved ones in Gaza. She responds that law abiding Palestinians should reject Hamas.

https://twitter.com/JonCampbellNY/status/1712493897090244775

Mayor Eric Adams of New York warns against terrorist attacks "lone wolves" radicalized online

quote:

New York City Mayor Eric Adams (D) warned city residents to beware of “lone wolves” in the wake of the deadly attacks on Israel by the Palestinian militant group Hamas over the weekend.

Adams said at a press conference Tuesday alongside city officials that law enforcement will be monitoring social media sites for threats against religious communities as the fighting in Israel and Gaza continues. He said statements posted on social media platforms may exacerbate the issue, noting that “lone wolves” could be radicalized online.

“I think it aggravates the problem and don’t underestimate lone wolves,” Adams said. “You know, people who are who are being radicalized online. And when you put out statements that I have read on some of these sites, you can motivate terrible behaviors.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4248045-adams-tells-new-yorkers-to-beware-of-lone-wolves-after-attack-on-israel/

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Popoto posted:

there was one at work today that started talking about it during lunch, and they got told pretty rapidly to shut up if they valued their job. then we moved on to discuss the bad weather.
lol :patriot:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Day of Jihad" is scientifically designed to scare stupid, gullible Americans. You might as well name something "Kill Whitey Day".

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
time to arrest some protesting antifa and terrorists

quote:

20m ago (19:27 GMT)
Biden discusses domestic US security with top officials
US President Joe Biden has met with top officials in his administration to address the domestic security situation in the United States amid the war in Gaza.

The White House said Biden held the meeting “to discuss steps we are taking to safeguard the homeland and the people of the United States, including Jewish, Arab, and Muslim communities, following the Hamas terrorist attacks in Israel”.

Previously, the FBI said it was monitoring the the events, but that it “does not have specific and credible intelligence indicating a threat to the United States stemming from the Hamas attacks in Israel”.

Joe Biden

US President Joe Biden has voiced unwavering support for Israel [File: Jonathan Ernst/Reuters]

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Day of Jihad" is scientifically designed to scare stupid, gullible Americans. You might as well name something "Kill Whitey Day".

the down with cisrael bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

She literally accused the jews of setting forest fires in America with space lasers