Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
actually it doesn’t matter that the entire west including the president of the united states made explicit claims of a specific atrocity as blood libel to justify genocide because some other bad things actually did happen is a heck of a take but not shocked at all that’s where the goalposts have moved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2017/11/the-occupation-of-water/

hard to imagine they are now doing something far worse

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/fpOSZ5h.mp4

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1712379114122887350

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

i am harry posted:

well
congratulations
I think this is the smartest parent on the forums I’ve ever read an anecdote about.

some Boomers are ok! my dad emailed me the Chris Hedges article and complained about the NYS/NYC politicians condemning the DSA rally: "It was not a rally for Hamas but that did not matter to anyone seen as not being in US support for Israel's grief alone."

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

Governor Hochul of New York is asked what is her message to Palestinians in New York who have loved ones in Gaza. She responds that law abiding Palestinians should reject Hamas.

https://twitter.com/JonCampbellNY/status/1712493897090244775

Mayor Eric Adams of New York warns against terrorist attacks "lone wolves" radicalized online

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4248045-adams-tells-new-yorkers-to-beware-of-lone-wolves-after-attack-on-israel/

wtf does it even mean to reject hamas? why would hamas give a poo poo what random people say lmfao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fits my needs posted:

time to arrest some protesting antifa and terrorists

lmao it really is October 2001.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Day of Jihad" is scientifically designed to scare stupid, gullible Americans. You might as well name something "Kill Whitey Day".

BREAKING: October 13 declared "Kill Whitey Day" according to credible online sources.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

such transparent genocide jfc

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ELTON JOHN posted:

at least a few muslims are gonna get killed tomorrow in the US eh

probably wont even make it out of the local news

It's very generous to racists to assume they are even capable of being that discerning
Right wing echo chamber is going to get people so worked up they'll be shooting at particularly tan scandinavians come the morning

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

who would Anaster be in this situation

children of the dead sea-d

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Israeli raising a tenescowri army wasn't in my bingo card

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I have just been posting here and looking at mostly MENA sources and had no idea how insane the takes or reactions where in the western world. They truly believe tomorrow is gonna kick off a new crusade or some poo poo

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SOUNDS kinda weird

edit:

Hamas militants making sure to destroy the testicles of every IDF soldier killed to make sure no sperm can be harvested later

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 21:02 on Oct 12, 2023

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/Ha_Matar/status/1712372231643226360

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

oh is that what it is?

Trying to kill many birds with one stone here I see

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Death By The Blues posted:

Sure defend this

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1712400146686693626

Also, would implore people in the thread to watch this news segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdGcej-6D0

This is no longer apartheid, this is Germany in 1933. When they were bullying, beating, imprisoning and occassionally murdering jews, but were not yet in full genocide mode. Looking at the recent statements of Israeli leaders it's obvious that 1933 is not good enough for them, they want to fast forward into 42.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

American support for all this seems to be much more concrete than actual Israeli support

Kinda hosed up!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

mods plz

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The incredibly stupid and insane "Global Day of Jihad" line is really making me crack ping and I thought I was as cracked and pinged as one could get.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's very generous to racists to assume they are even capable of being that discerning
Right wing echo chamber is going to get people so worked up they'll be shooting at particularly tan scandinavians come the morning

iirc a few hindus got murdered in the days after 9/11

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Fleetwood posted:

oh is that what it is?

columnist, @tabletmag. contributing editor, @compactmag.
Followed by Elon Musk

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Horror unfolded today in a small Israeli town as two local settlers were placed under counters and used as garbage disposal and trash compactors. When asked for a comment, one settler stated, "ehhh... It's a living!"

Is there an animal that does something like that, perchance...?

Thoguh posted:

I doubt actual support is anywhere near as high as it would seem based on how politicians and famous people are reacting.

It's top down, for sure.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Oct 12, 2023

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

American support for all this seems to be much more concrete than actual Israeli support

Kinda hosed up!

I doubt actual support is anywhere near as high as it would seem based on how politicians and famous people are reacting.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Kinda hosed up!

100 percent

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-767880

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

say what you will about Amerika but where else will you get such beautiful public hysteria about "Jihad Friday"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/courtbembridge/status/1712548404050669837?s=20

DTI

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s been mentioned before but unlike other “major world events”, absolutely no one, and i mean no one, is talking about this in real life. not at work, in the cafe or among friends. it’s like living in the “stereotypical” oppressed USSR where you can’t trust anyone in case they spread the news you’re an antisemitic bigot and destroy your life

Hypernormalization is real

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Imagine being the guy who has to jerk off dead people

Edit: actually don't imagine that

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

ELTON JOHN posted:

at least a few muslims are gonna get killed tomorrow in the US eh

probably wont even make it out of the local news

nah, the dumb hicks in texas will kill some sikhs instead, just like after 9/11

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Friday would be a pretty ideal time for Jesus to show up and set his people straight (to hell)

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

how the hell do you retrieve sperm from a dead body what the gently caress

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Thoguh posted:

yeah this feels more like establishing a narrative and establishing consequences for not upholding the narrative, rather than reflecting any groundswell of genuine support. but still, the psychos have the upper hand here. If you so much as post on Facebook that you think Palestinians have human rights without a whole lot of weasel words and qualifiers you might get blacklisted.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I was in cat jail during the tangent, but I think the propaganda onslaught has had a smaller impact than people think, at least among younger generations

Like the biggest social media thing I've seen about this was the 400,000 like tweet mocking Drake for mislabeling Gaza ruins as Israel, and in general people just aren't frothing, it makes the rabid media response look extra insane

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Buddykins posted:

very carefully

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Buddykins posted:

very recklessly

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

pure anecdotal but almost no-one is talking and the few i have seem to at least acknowledge neutral this is bad for everyone stuff

but yeah it seems to be the mostly the insane media/politicians and some celebrities turds those seem to have gotton even worse over time

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

very carefully

you dont have to be careful

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Buddykins posted:

Ghost Busters was a documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DiscountDildos posted:

I got coaxed into talking about this today at my Bible Belt chud-factory job by a politically oblivious friend. Not sure why he thought Israel/Palestine was a chill thing to pivot to after we wrapped up the banal video game chat he came over to my desk to initiate. I've spent the last few hours super paranoid that I spoke too loudly and someone else heard me imply that Palestinians are humans.

I've been trying to keep the earbuds in most of the time but I have overheard several mentions of the Day of Jihad lmao. "Sounds like it's coming to America next", "they've probably already got in through the borders." poo poo like that. Very stupid but a lot harder to laugh at when you hear it irl from your boss than it is when you see it in a dumbass tweet.

It's a genuinely dangerous time to speak up in more public forums. Be careful.

That in of itself is extremely hosed, but so is the world