Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Heath posted:

Okay so what's the worst one. Design, combat potential, sheer unlikeability, where we at

I think the swathe of elemental monkeys in gen 5 are probably the bottom of the barrel, but the worst one for me has to be Goodra.

Not because I hate the design, it's still a big slimy lovable loser and that's all cool, but Goomy and Sliggoo are both absolutely perfect angels, and their evolution is just so middling by comparison and it makes me sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

That's literally what it does yeah. That's the joke.

Yeah I don't know anything about Pokemon so I assumed that after about 200 or so they came up with names by jamming syllables together. I just couldn't believe there'd be one that's a fish that needs a night guard.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the elemental monkeys are just boring theyre not like the real f tier pokemon. but theres also a shockingly low miss rate on the designs considering theres 1000 of them tbh

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Stux posted:

the elemental monkeys are just boring theyre not like the real f tier pokemon. but theres also a shockingly low miss rate on the designs considering theres 1000 of them tbh

Yeah a worse series would easily be like, mostly monkeys and genies.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

im still gonna say the elemental monkeys are the worst b/c i can't remember any of the actually worse ones and don't care to try

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I only really know the first 2 or 3 gens so I'm gonna say Jynx is the worst unless someone can sell me on them

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

It's any of the ones that fit the filler slot of that generation's fish. Or the one stage Pikachu clones.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Lpzie posted:

How's the Lore today, friends? Well preserved and humming along, I hope?

It’s growing at an exponential rate, much like the pokedex. Luckily, gamefreak is warcrimishly culling it of all our faves as we speak.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

womb with a view posted:

It's any of the ones that fit the filler slot of that generation's fish. Or the one stage Pikachu clones.

mimikyu, dedenne and morpeko ftw actuaily

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im a bulbasaur man

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

symbolic posted:

[trollishly] what's your favorite

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[eyes welling up with tears as I realize Barnacle Jim is not bounding over the horizon with all the other dead posters]. Too long.... His face.... It was just too long.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

It’s growing at an exponential rate, much like the pokedex. Luckily, gamefreak is warcrimishly culling it of all our faves as we speak.

*nodding sageiously*. mhm...mhm...

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Look at this loving thing

Pokemon are obviously not realistic but one of its strengths is that they're USUALLY more realistic than say Yo-Kai Watch, the ones that are supposed to look like animals generally do look like fairly plausible animals beyond like the wreaths of flame and poo poo. Not this thing though,

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

tbf it looks more like a turtle than abra looks like a fox (yeah its supposed to be a fox)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Punkinhead posted:

tbf it looks more like a turtle than abra looks like a fox (yeah its supposed to be a fox)

i always knew that abra was a fox

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

anime realism

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Pokemon are obviously not realistic but one of its strengths is that they're USUALLY more realistic than say Yo-Kai Watch, the ones that are supposed to look like animals generally do look like fairly plausible animals beyond like the wreaths of flame and poo poo. Not this thing though,

eh it looks enough like a turtle to me. but we already have a blue turtle pokemon so I feel like they could have made it more distinct

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Jynx, mr mime, and porygon were all gen one

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Jynx may be racist but at least it has a physically-possible-sized head.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Wooper's the best :wooper:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah I don't know anything about Pokemon so I assumed that after about 200 or so they came up with names by jamming syllables together. I just couldn't believe there'd be one that's a fish that needs a night guard.

they were coming up with lazy names way earlier than that. ekans is #23.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
He's just in my top 3, but I think Venusaur is cool and loving badass

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

golbat is just a flying mouth

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The tonal shift when you finally get into the crater was great, also the Nier-rear end music in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuMHCJ_fWJg

Scarvio ftw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dunsparce

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My team growing up was always Jolteon, Alakazam, Machamp, Starmie, Vileplume and Gengar in addition to a rotating cast of legendaries and Charizard

Jolteon was the best of the original 3 eevees because he learned Lightning, Bug and Fighting attacks but I also liked Vaporeon a lot. Flareon did nothing for me

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I had a Jolteon named Jitters

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

I think Venusaur is cool and loving badass

https://i.imgur.com/E6014EO.mp4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The tonal shift when you finally get into the crater was great, also the Nier-rear end music in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuMHCJ_fWJg

Scarvio ftw

this!!!! all the crater music rules, the battle theme just has someone going crazy on the bass lol swoshi got a track like it too for some reason right at the start of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bTjRQBP35c

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I ran an eeveelution team :shobon:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
the pokemon design that I like the least, I think, is gholdengo. it just looks like string cheese and I'm sick of seeing it in raids

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not a fan of whabscallion. it's just an onion. it doesn't even have any special moves

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hosed up that I'm the first to say Falinks is the best pokemon. Yall should be ashamed

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

worst pokemon is mr mime he is just a sentient haunted clown doll

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

hosed up that I'm the first to say Falinks is the best pokemon. Yall should be ashamed

Adorable, they even call their little leader "the brass" :3:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

not a fan of whabscallion. it's just an onion. it doesn't even have any special moves

gently caress you, whabscallion is adorable

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rotom wash and zigzagoon on top

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

sonic adventure 2 chao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~