Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

FoolyCharged posted:

You joke, but the PBS doc posted earlier literally had someone reiterate that inability to figure him out.
The documentary mentions that in context of the "old" Elon Musk, then narratively it shows him transform after he finds an "unlikely ally in Donald Trump".

Per Frontline, the event that drove him off the deep end was having his California Tesla factory ordered closed during Covid shutdowns.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ShadowHawk posted:

Per Frontline, the event that drove him off the deep end was having his California Tesla factory ordered closed during Covid shutdowns.

The orders that he flouted and faced no consequences for violating?

(I have some idea of how little that narrows it down.)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The tweets that got removed were found by interns who eventually realized they're not payed to moderate xitter and hosed off to something else.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

ShadowHawk posted:

The documentary mentions that in context of the "old" Elon Musk, then narratively it shows him transform after he finds an "unlikely ally in Donald Trump".

lol that all our billionaires are spoiled children that can't handle being told no a single time in their lives

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Platystemon posted:

The orders that he flouted and faced no consequences for violating?

(I have some idea of how little that narrows it down.)

Based on current trends, probably close to zero new cases in US too by end of April

5er
Jun 1, 2000

lol all these rich idiots the past few years that love to show their entire rear end where it involves not understanding that free speech does not also free you from the consequences of what happens when you're a pathological fuckin liar.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ShadowHawk posted:

The documentary, yes, but the person they were interviewing was dead serious.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SgtScruffy posted:

The headline gets it mocked, but the jist of the article was "look, Elon seems to be AGAINST a bunch of stuff, but he's never really come out as FOR anything. So really, we can't know what his politics are because all he does is just mock things and post against stuff".

That's the GOP in a nutshell. They aren't for much, but they sure are against absolutely everything. The party of freedom are the ones banning everything including the right for LGBTQ people to exist.

Darchangel posted:

Yep, I and several other goons (you were probably one) reported that specific post, and yet...
Literally posting the 14 Words is not enough to have it removed.

Heyo! I was also one to report it and got that message like 2 days later saying "we're sorry this isn't banned but..."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Why does Musk not understand common sayings? Its like he's heard them and just repeats them at random but doesn't understand the context.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

If it's the first investigation under a new Act, I gotta imagine they're out for blood. Gotta make it look like it does something, and Elon's an easy target.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Elon just doesn't understand idioms huh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Jestery posted:

He is the clown on the clown car

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Jestery posted:

he's an expert on idioms because he is one

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Why does Musk not understand common sayings? Its like he's heard them and just repeats them at random but doesn't understand the context.

it’s because he’s a sociopathic animal pretending to be sentient

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's very smart and has redefined the idiom

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Buce posted:

it’s because he’s a sociopathic animal pretending to be sentient

reported

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon musk has never read blindsight. topic locked

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Just stopped by to say gently caress Elon Musk, but especially gently caress all the MuskSuckers, some of whom post ITT.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MrMojok posted:

Just stopped by to say gently caress Elon Musk, but especially gently caress all the MuskSuckers, some of whom post ITT.

mad?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

concerned

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Elon is still taking the position that his 24-hour legal response requirements are only if the regulator posts the example in a public tweet for him to mock rather than by using Twitter's (legally-required) reporting feature he destaffed.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's an expert on idiots because he is one

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MrMojok posted:

You don't need to pity gently caress them. They get plenty of stimulation from their heads being so thoroughly up their rear end.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon is so cool and everyone itt is just jealous of that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
i do wish i had 44 billion dollars to burn like elon musk now that you mention it

.random
May 7, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

i do wish i had 44 billion dollars to burn like elon musk now that you mention it

To burn… like Elon musk?

Mods?????

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

my pap pap told me this elon musk fella’s a big ol clod

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I read he is not that smart, but then the poster got banned from X. Who's the dummy now?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:mods: please just auto replace every future post in the thread with this

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

It's like Jerry Seinfeld hosed an old Spitting Image puppet of Prince Charles.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Remember in Uncle Buck when John Candy and Macaulay Culkin stepped into the machine from The Fly?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

got his good side

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

*Tim Allen grunt*

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Feels like I'm looking at Kyle MacLachlan with the mumps

Failbird
Mar 19, 2009

I'm Batman

he is a loathsome offensive brute

... yet I can't look away :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery