Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If the wax vote is also a limited one it’s going to change everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

omg did she not read it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

hahahaha if she had just read it they could have planned

Now she is gonna go home maybe

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Oh poo poo they didn't show us yet lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Okay that was one of the funniest vote outs of all time

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Ok that was one for the ages

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What a good episode!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

That was great.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Incredible. Complicated idol immediately justified

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
If this tribe was a horse, they'd already been shot.

I kinda hope they keep them in one more go just to have them sweat more.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
This Tribe is really fun to watch. That council was really fun. Sebiyah played herself by A: Trying to move on Caleb B: Telling Emily about the idol C: Not actually playing the idol. I thought Sebiyah should have tried to melt the wax in the tribal fire last time though, so I'm happy she did that and validated it was an option.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
The RHAP podcasts all week were like "Can she burn it in the tribal fire? No, she probably can't, she probably has to make fire at camp," so when she brought up doing it, I was like oh wow, I guess she can or they wouldn't be airing this. So different if she just does that last week. Hell, so different if she just reads the idol before the vote, tries to clarify what the plan is, and gets a bad vibe from how people answer.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I also really enjoyed the sequence of the Sabiyah showing Emily the Idol, Sabiyah's 1-1 clip of her saying "Now that I've shown Emily the Idol she trusts me", Emily's 1-1 clip of her saying "Why did she just show me this now? I don't think I can trust her!", cut to Emily literally running to Caleb and immediately telling him they are going to vote him out.

Also Sean looked absolutely blindsided by the blindside lol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I wonder what made up Kaleb's mind on that vote. Like, he actually wanted to work with Emily over Sabiyah in the first place, or he actually believed Emily that he was being targeted, or the fire idol thing convinced him to just cut her. if Kaleb had voted Emily there, then it's a 1-1-1. Does that mean Shawn would get the sole say in who went home?

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
For a brief moment before the votes were read I thought there might be a chance Kaleb doesn't trust Emily, votes for her, and then it's a 1-1-1 tie

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I went from being so unexcited about 45 during pre-season to now thinking it could be an all-timer and I'm giving all the credit to the Lulu tribe. Every episode has some new nonsense going on with them :allears: Can't believe Sabiyah got greedy and trusted Emily enough to lose her vote 2 seconds after she got it back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LOL

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

I haven't watched this show in like over a decade but I'm enjoying this season

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Emily's revenge

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Diabetic posted:

If this tribe was a horse, they'd already been shot.

I kinda hope they keep them in one more go just to have them sweat more.

Based on the preview, it seems like production is stepping in so Lulu doesn't end up like Ulong.

Also feels like this episode cemented Emily as our main character.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

I wonder what made up Kaleb's mind on that vote. Like, he actually wanted to work with Emily over Sabiyah in the first place, or he actually believed Emily that he was being targeted, or the fire idol thing convinced him to just cut her. if Kaleb had voted Emily there, then it's a 1-1-1. Does that mean Shawn would get the sole say in who went home?

Well if they were going to just vote off Emily 3-1, why would Sabiyah having a vote be important?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

mp5 posted:

Based on the preview, it seems like production is stepping in so Lulu doesn't end up like Ulong.

Also feels like this episode cemented Emily as our main character.

They probably weren't prepared to be having to do challenges you can only use 3 people for

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well if they were going to just vote off Emily 3-1, why would Sabiyah having a vote be important?

Honestly my guess is she just wanted her vote because they were not getting another source of fire anytime soon.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

This episode has really turned this season around for me and given me some hope for this new era of Survivor.

The 90 minute runtime lets me see that people are actually strategizing, making moves, and building relationships. I like that the beware advantage is a couple of mini-challenges. I like the terms of the new beware idol, it's a lot to read but simple to understand.

Funny how Kendra went from throwing Jake's name around to feeling protective of him because he stood up too quickly after blowing/breathing heavy on the fire. Even though he didn't mean to deprive his brain of oxygen, it got me thinking that faking a seizure/passing out could really score you a lot of social points in the game. It's something that gets you sympathy while simultaneously doesn't make people think you're a hindrance, and maybe even lowers your threat level.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

I mean, probably yes and yes. Emily came out swinging and missing, but clearly built a strong relationship with Kaleb. Like, they were the strongest duo on Lulu at that point, and it actually made sense to want them broken up. Sab just did it.... badly.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The reasoning that he’d beat people at the end was so funny. I think you’re getting ahead of yourself a little bit! You don’t even have flint!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

that tribe with Dee Julie Brandon and Austin is funny because it's like where the hell are J Maya and Sifu. Like Sifu I guess is just sprinting through the woods with some breaks for tai chi and J Maya is staring at the tribe flag all day? Cuz it seems like the other 4 tribe members have all the time in the world to have meetings, go digging, smash rocks etc. Even when Austin and Drew get caught digging it's Dee and Julie who catch them. J and Sifu are just not present.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

As far as Sabiyah knew they were voting someone off 3-1 and her vote wasn’t important. That’s why she still gave her vote away. But she still went for that idol, so I’d have to say that decision was about getting the idol first and foremost and not having the lost vote hanging over her in the future, but it wasn’t about voting that tribal clearly.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 12, 2023

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Something I noticed about the text of the hidden immunity idol: it doesn’t actually explicitly say what it does if you sacrifice a second vote, only “gains even more power”. It sounded like the other players made the obvious assumption that it is immunity through final five but I feel like it’s ambiguous enough that there’s a chance it will do something else that will be revealed later

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

inferis posted:

Something I noticed about the text of the hidden immunity idol: it doesn’t actually explicitly say what it does if you sacrifice a second vote, only “gains even more power”. It sounded like the other players made the obvious assumption that it is immunity through final five but I feel like it’s ambiguous enough that there’s a chance it will do something else that will be revealed later

I thought he read the second part and it lasted until 5 left like a normal idol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

shazbot posted:

I thought he read the second part and it lasted until 5 left like a normal idol

That’s the implication but I don’t think that’s what it says or maybe I’m just reading it strangely

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

inferis posted:

Seems pretty clear from your photo that it is good until the final 5 if you sacrifice a 2nd vote?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I guess the other question is what happens if you get to the merge before facing tribal council?

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

inferis posted:

That’s the implication but I don’t think that’s what it says or maybe I’m just reading it strangely

edit: beaten

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

inferis posted:

I guess the other question is what happens if you get to the merge before facing tribal council?

Logically it still seems like it would be good for one tribal. In fact, rules as written, you could argue it doesn't expire even at 5 if you somehow hadn't been to tribal (though that's probably impossible)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

maybealabia posted:

Logically it still seems like it would be good for one tribal. In fact, rules as written, you could argue it doesn't expire even at 5 if you somehow hadn't been to tribal (though that's probably impossible)

Impossible but you could use Safety without Power to buy you through one tribal at least.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

inferis posted:

To be explicitly clear, read the sentence under the part you're reading.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they put a weird line break in there but it's pretty explicit about what the second vote sacrifice does yeah

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

they put a weird line break in there but it's pretty explicit about what the second vote sacrifice does yeah

I think this line break may be in relation to the other questions about if you never go to tribal etc that this idol absolutely expires at 5 regardless of power level

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ApplesandOranges posted:

Impossible but you could use Safety without Power to buy you through one tribal at least.

Usually impossible but they've split the combined tribe into shifting sub tribals before and you never know for sure what gimmick is coming

I agree it's not going to happen though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol sebiah. my new thing is id use any idol i get immediately. even if it whiffs, id rather waste an idol than be voted out with or because of one in my pocket.