Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

I do love a good "this chapter might have heretical geneseed" chapter where it makes sense, but as much as I like those I also enjoy a "this chapter is 100% definitely loyalist geneseed but are so far removed from how their original legion acted" like the Executioners, those hosed up cannibal Ultramarines, etc.

It's fun seeing the beginnings of the first successor chapters in Heresy like double axe and templar iconography showing up on Imperial Fists.

Also Fafnir Rann, that suave bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's a crime that Nassir Amit doesn't have a forge world model.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I hope both Rann and Amit show up a few more times in the last couple books, easy favorites.

Edit: if you like CCGs, Warpforge is going into early access next week. It's the "sequel" to the Horus Heresy: Legions game that's been out for a while that'll take place in modern 40k, if you set your phone to pre-reg the game (just click install and it'll tell you it'll install once it's out) you get 10 free packs. It's cross platform so I assume you can just create an account, open the packs and switch to Steam if you prefer.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 12, 2023

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

It's a crime that Nassir Amit doesn't have a forge world model.

True. Kargos as well. A creepy World Eater with messy Apothecary gear could be so fun.

Could make a fun double-model combo like Fulgrim and Ferrus, too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
What are the best, if any, transport options for Gravis Space Marines (Flamestorm Aggressors) right now? The Repulsor? I'm thinking of running the Firestorm detachment so it seems correct given their profile. Or should I just get a Land Raider Redemptor?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My Primaris are Night Lords due to a banal error the administratum made thousands of years ago.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

BizarroAzrael posted:

What are the best, if any, transport options for Gravis Space Marines (Flamestorm Aggressors) right now? The Repulsor? I'm thinking of running the Firestorm detachment so it seems correct given their profile. Or should I just get a Land Raider Redemptor?
Depends on how many you're running and whether you're attaching characters to them. The Impulsor/Repulsor Executioner work for just three of them with no characters, the Repulsor/Land Raider work for 6 (with no characters) or 3 + Gravis Captain/Apothecary Biologis and the Land Raider Redeemer works if you're doing 6 + Gravis Captain or Apothecary Biologis. I think the Land Raider Crusader is one of the only things that can actually carry a full size brick of 6 + Gravis Captain and Apothecary Biologis since the 8 models use up 16 transport capacity.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 12, 2023

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Mercurius posted:

Depends on how many you're running and whether you're attaching characters to them. The Impulsor/Repulsor Executioner work for just three of them with no characters, the Repulsor/Land Raider work for 6 (with no characters) or 3 + Gravis Captain and Apothecary Biologis and the Land Raider Redeemer works if you're doing 6 + Gravis Captain or Apothecary Biologis. I think the Land Raider Crusader is one of the only things that can actually carry a full size brick of 6 + Gravis Captain and Apothecary Biologis since the 8 models use up 16 transport capacity.

I don't think the Impulsor can carry Gravis since it doesn't have the keyword. Otherwise very good points. Beyond that, Land Raiders have assault ramps so their troops can charge immediately, which is better for melee troops. Repulsors have emergency embarkation so they can pick up troops that are about to be charged, which is better for ranged troops.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 12, 2023

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kaal posted:

I don't think the Impulsor can carry Gravis since it doesn't have the keyword. Otherwise very good points. Beyond that, Land Raiders have assault ramps so their troops can charge immediately, which is better for melee troops. Repulsors have emergency embarkation so they can pick up troops that are about to be charged, which is better for ranged troops.

I'm probably going to take Hellblasters, that's probably a better for them.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 12, 2023

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Oh man I finished my first unit of battle sisters (minus a wash and varnish I guess) and they look so good all together imo :allears:

The light is bad now cause it's late but I'm definitely going to post some pictures cause I'm pretty excited about how they turned out. Especially considering I started the set having never really painted before!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Land Raider Redeemer is amazing, no idea why you would run the regular one. It’s better in pretty much every way.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Land Raider Redeemer is amazing, no idea why you would run the regular one. It’s better in pretty much every way.

I want a regular one for my Grey Knights for the Godhammer lascannon, that S12 is loving hard to come by.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'd like to throw my armies in a display case/tower of some sort, any recommendations?

Cheaper the better btw
I'm down for used options as well it's not like it can't be cleaned up.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I need a few Harlequin masks for a project. Anyone got any spare they’re willing to sell?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Oh man I finished my first unit of battle sisters (minus a wash and varnish I guess) and they look so good all together imo :allears:

The light is bad now cause it's late but I'm definitely going to post some pictures cause I'm pretty excited about how they turned out. Especially considering I started the set having never really painted before!

Yeah the secret to army painting is even if you're like, iffy on whether a model looks good or not when they're all together with their friends on the table they look great regardless

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005

The Demilich posted:

I'd like to throw my armies in a display case/tower of some sort, any recommendations?

Cheaper the better btw
I'm down for used options as well it's not like it can't be cleaned up.

The standard choice is ikea

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/detolf-glass-door-cabinet-white-80269122/

There are various aftermarket ways to add more shelves as well

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Detolf is no longer being made so if you want some do so before they run out

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

you play chaos or bought the 30K model

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Eej posted:

The Detolf is no longer being made so if you want some do so before they run out

The replacement is the BLÅLIDEN, but it's a bit smaller, only comes with three shelves and there isn't really any after-market extra shelving options. I'm actually waiting for some screws and rubber stops from Ikea so I can test an additional shelf solution made from 3D printed brackets and perspex shelves.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 13, 2023

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cross posting from the miniature painting thread:

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I've been posting a bunch in the 40k thread, but I (mostly) finished my first unit of battle sisters!

The gals with grey bases were the first models I've ever painted! There's still a bit left to do, like I still need to do a wash and should probably try my hand at a few highlights before I varnish them and stuff like that, but they already look so good I couldn't wait to share. The grey base ones were just primed with a grey spray can, but the black base ones were with help from a friend to do the zenithal thing with his airbrush

Sorry for the kind of bad lighting, I don't really have a good lighting setup yet so I snuck out while the sun is coming up and there's not cloud cover yet to get some decent lighting to show off the fleur's and crests that I made gold.

I think I'm going to go with a purple wash on the armor and I've got a lighter purple for highlights that I can use for a wash for the darker cloth, or just do highlights directly if I'm feeling fancy. I had a ton of fun painting them, and while they're obviously not as good as the stuff a lot of people post I'm pretty proud of how they came out!

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Crosspost from the painting thread. After experiencing how cool this model is on the board last week, I'm tempted to get two more and make a very Triple Monolith list.

Devorum posted:

Finished up my Monolith. Seemed like it took forever, and I forgot to use gap filler before I started painting...but I'm happy with the final product. Silent King also included as a companion to the Monolith. I'll take better pictures of it later, probably.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Detolfs and the like also pair well with acrylic riser display shelves so you can feature your guys a little more neatly.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I got one of these since it was going to code $300 just in shipping to get a Detolf:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BL757Z4H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The built in lighting is very cool to the point that I don't really even use my overhead lighting in my office anymore. What I *am* looking for though, is some sort of acrylic freestanding shelf. Not like a nail polish rack, which I have for paints, but something that would be like and inverted U that you could place on these shelves to expand the storage.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Xposting from Mini Painting thread, just trying to knock out some different lads and ladies.

Captain Magic posted:

Finished up some ADHD-friendly three-projects-at-once stuff.

Junith Eruita and an Imagifier!

A Chaos Maulerfiend for some reason!

And a kitbashed Deathwatch Terminator Chaplain.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I need a few Harlequin masks for a project. Anyone got any spare they’re willing to sell?

Yeah I’ve got a ton. Hit me up on discord. raw_mike

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Yeah I’ve got a ton. Hit me up on discord. raw_mike

Added you

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

2 armies updated and fully painted again for 10th. I've got some Death Guard to put together and paint and they'll be playable again too. Relatively, anyway. It's still the 10th ed Death Guard index :v: I put together some of the new genestealers tonight, they're so cool and much nicer than the old ones. They're still not even pretending to fit on their bases though, some things never change :allears:

ro5s posted:

I've been getting through some more Leviathan Tyranids, getting a little fancier with the bases after it was suggested here.

The mouth on the psychophage and the big eyes on the barbgaunt guns got some gloss varnish to make them look wet.

I swapped Leviathan halves with a friend and didn't really want a second psychophage or neurotyrant so I put them together with some other bits to make a brainspider maleceptor.

And to let me run my Steel Legion as krieg squads I painted up a bunch of grenade launchers as well as some spare troopers as medics.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

EdsTeioh posted:

I got one of these since it was going to code $300 just in shipping to get a Detolf:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BL757Z4H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The built in lighting is very cool to the point that I don't really even use my overhead lighting in my office anymore. What I *am* looking for though, is some sort of acrylic freestanding shelf. Not like a nail polish rack, which I have for paints, but something that would be like and inverted U that you could place on these shelves to expand the storage.

I bought a few exactly like that from the Container Store. Haven't yellowed or otherwise discolored after 15 years:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/acrylic-risers/d?q=acrylic%20riser&productId=10019504

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm debating using these for display boxes now

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
Any thoughts on this list? My first idea for my first 1000 point game

Imperium - Astra Militarum - Antiochs Reclaimers - [985pts]

## Army Roster [985pts]

### Configuration
Battle Size: Incursion (1000 Point limit)
Detachment: Combined Regiment

### Epic Hero [55pts]
Ursula Creed [55pts]: Warlord, Power Weapon, Duty and Vengeance

### Battleline [120pts]
Cadian Shock Troops [120pts]: 2 Shock Trooper Sergeants and 18 Shock Troopers
• 2x Shock Trooper: Meltagun, Close Combat Weapon
• 2x Shock Trooper: Plasma Gun, Close Combat Weapon
• Shock Trooper Sergeant: Drum-fed Autogun and Close Combat Weapon, Close Combat Weapon, Drum-fed Autogun
• Shock Trooper Sergeant: Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, Chainsword, Bolt Pistol
• 13x Shock Trooper: Close Combat Weapon, Lasgun
• Shock Trooper: Close Combat Weapon, Lasgun, Vox-caster

### Infantry [170pts]
Heavy Weapons Squad [60pts]
• Heavy Weapons Team: Autocannon, Close Combat Weapon, Las Small Arms
• Heavy Weapons Team: Lascannon, Close Combat Weapon, Las Small Arms
• Heavy Weapons Team: Heavy Bolter, Close Combat Weapon, Las Small Arms
Tempestus Scions [55pts]
• Tempestus Scion: Flamer, Close Combat Weapon
• Tempestus Scion: Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol, Vox-caster
• 2x Tempestus Scion: Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Lasgun
• Tempestor: Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol
Tempestus Scions [55pts]
• Tempestus Scion: Flamer, Close Combat Weapon
• 3x Tempestus Scion: Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Lasgun
• Tempestor: Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol

### Vehicle [640pts]
Baneblade [480pts]: 2 Twin Heavy Bolters, 2x Twin Heavy Bolter, 2 Lascannons and 2 Twin Heavy Bolters, 2x Twin Heavy Bolter, 2x Lascannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, 2x Lascannon, Armoured Tracks, Heavy Stubber, Demolisher Cannon, Co-axial Autocannon, Baneblade Cannon
Deathstrike [160pts]: Heavy Bolter, Armoured Tracks, Deathstrike Missile

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Lady Militant posted:

Any thoughts on this list? My first idea for my first 1000 point game

. . .

Baneblade [480pts]: 2 Twin Heavy Bolters, 2x Twin Heavy Bolter, 2 Lascannons and 2 Twin Heavy Bolters, 2x Twin Heavy Bolter, 2x Lascannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, 2x Lascannon, Armoured Tracks, Heavy Stubber,

Bringing a baneblade in a 1k points game will be a big skew. Either your opponent has enough serious anti-tank and half your army goes splat quick, or they don't and unspeakable baneblade-related things happen to their army for 5 turns.

As long as your opponent is down with a learning experience that could have a heavy skew, that's fine though! You'll be spending a lot of brainpower just remembering abilities, looking up sequences, etc. and balance won't really matter. If you're trying to learn with another newbie, I might suggest leaving the baneblade out for game 1.

I say this as somebody whose first 1k point game in 10th was my Grey Knights vs. a list with a nearly 500+ point Chaos Knight Tyrant. The Tyrant marched onto the center objective with a 12" no deepstrike aura and... yeah. I did learn a lot, but I didn't feel like I was learning a real game until 1,500 points where I could ignore that Tyrant and do some proper scoring around the board with more units.

1k point games are hard to balance even without skew tbh.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Yeah taking a Baneblade in 1000 points is not really going to be a fun match for at least one of you.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/warhammer/status/1713172585267986513

The teaser is out and I'm seeing Necron, Skitarii, Eldar. With the last one definitely having a very Striking Scorpion profile.

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer
Stream is live in less than 10 minutes.

First reveal is a new model of Imotekh the Stormlord (the one on the bottom right in the preview).
And the new Codex, but we knew that one was on the way already.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 14, 2023

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Arg, I'm faced with the oldest problem, complete choice paralysis for which space marine scheme I should settle for

I had pretty much decided on Raven Guard third company, and I even did a test scheme

But I just can't decide whether I actually think painting black is fun. I've done three black marines so far, and I think they look great together, but the process of getting there is kind of a pain?

I had most fun painting red and green, maybe because it's more satisfying to blend colours than highlighting with various shades of grey-- and they look fine, but I just can't get as enthused about the idea of a blood angels, salamander or dark angels army as I am about raven guard. Maybe I just need to throw in some white/bone arms to mix things up. Maybe I should stop fixating on raven guard and just paint something.

I've distracted myself by painting one of my fiancee's battle sisters, but it's almost complete and I can't keep putting off making a choice ;l

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AdMech... Stilt Man? What? :v:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/warhammer-day-preview-the-sydonian-skatros-pops-into-view-alongside-codex-adeptus-mechanicus/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 14, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cooked Auto posted:

AdMech... Stilt Man? What? :v:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Keep Portland Adeptus Mechanicus weird

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Remember Stilt-Man? I remember Stilt-Man

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I am definitely here for those hydraulic(?) stilts, that model is funny as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/warhammer-day-preview-imotekh-the-stormlord-unleashes-the-immortal-wrath-of-codex-necrons/

Forgot the Necron article, also has some codex teasers.