Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I don't know but I got you this as a thank you for being like this.

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FreudianSlippers posted:

Kid is actually 20 feet tall.

That's a very large pineapple.

It's actually an agave

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Is that a....... Piss Christ jello cake?

monkeytennis posted:

Piss Christ: The Dessert.

:hmmyes:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Jesus broke the Jello and say "Take this and eat it, for it is my booty"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
J-E-S-U-S he’s aliiii-iiii-iiive

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Brake check!

https://i.imgur.com/bn5V7Ne.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/KPPPBRD.mp4

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Russia or Florida?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^
:rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP7R7aUYCz0

The Florida orange on the license plate checks out :hmmyes:

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Face down, surf's up

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://i.imgur.com/0aSys8X.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Reddit posted:

Dude you just unlocked one of my most ridiculous memories from over 10 years ago. I was about 5 miles of singletrack away from home and had a rock in my shoe. Took my shoe off, got the rock out, and dropped my shoe back on the ground. It bounced and rolled off the trail, down the hill and off a cliff into the ocean. There was zero chance I would have been able to get it.

I was using eggbeater pedals at this time and it really sucked getting home.

Eggbeater pedals are these things. They have like zero platform to get purchase and push on with normal shoes, let along barefoot. You need stiff‐soled shoes that snap into them, which also wouldn’t have been cheap to replace.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/ht5ywh48oqtb1/DASH_720.mp4

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Paint misebehavin

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bro brought a shovel to a paint fight.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I can't tell what's going on there, but I just came from depot and was passing through the paint section where I saw this dude just completely covered in white paint sitting on a bucket looking furious while a forklift was getting a pallet of paint off the very top shelf. Wish I knew what happened.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Ha the little poo poo is so smug and satisfied for like 1.5 seconds

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

Eggbeater pedals are these things. They have like zero platform to get purchase and push on with normal shoes, let along barefoot. You need stiff‐soled shoes that snap into them, which also wouldn’t have been cheap to replace.

I've ridden barefoot on eggbeaters but that was about 1k of easy road riding on quiet streets to the shops - even that was a one time affair. Not 5 miles of single track. Even with one shoe that pretty much puts it in the easier to hike 5 miles with the bike rather than try ride category.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

What a strange firefighting technique.

I like how the string on the other side has a knot in it so this isn't the first time this has happened.

Mr.Radar has a new favorite as of 03:38 on Oct 13, 2023

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007

Love that the other side looks like it's been tied back together already

efb

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Platystemon posted:

Why the hell would you use them? Everything you've explained about them makes them sound like a strict downgrade from normal bike pedals in every aspect.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Paper Tiger posted:

Face down, surf's up
That's the way I beach drunk

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This is the closest real life will ever get to looney tunes gravity.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why the hell would you use them? Everything you've explained about them makes them sound like a strict downgrade from normal bike pedals in every aspect.

The main advantage is that you can't slip off the pedal

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Those sort of pedals let you securely clip your feet into the pedals which lets you get more power and a better stroke by moving your feet in a full circle instead of just pushing down. They also help with control and stability for some people. It's a lot more common for mtbs to have some sort of platform around the clip for a bigger platform and a bit of protection for the clip part, but the ones you quoted are a bit lighter which some people care about. In any case those eggbeaters shown aren't the sort of thing you put on your bike if you just want to ride around to the shops or whatever, they're more for people doing cross country mountain biking.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Clipless* pedals allow you to apply power on the upstroke, keep your feet in the optimal position, and give you control to lift/shift the bike in ways you otherwise couldn’t.

The downside is everything else. People eat poo poo all the time forgetting to unclip on the road or being unable to after a sudden upset off road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFuAr_Ogbg0

Eggbeaters are particularly extreme: you can clip to them in four positions, not the one or two that most pedal designs allow, but they don’t have anything resembling a flat platform to use barefoot or in normal shoes.

*They’re “clipless” in contrast with toe clips, which slip over normal shoes. Toe clips are outmoded and only fogeys like the sitting president of the United States use them.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Oct 13, 2023

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Nah, you're clipped into the pedal and generally have a harder sole than regular shoes, so you can put down more power and you can't slide off or around the pedal. They've also got benefits for knee/foot/ankle health.

I got my first set of clipless pedals and shoes a few months ago after like 20 years of cycling, they're a huge upgrade from pedal straps, which were a huge upgrade from regular pedals ("flats"). I immediately did the classic thing of clipping in in my driveway, starting to fall, and not having the muscle memory to clip out yet, so the people across the road got to see me very slowly fall over and slice my (new) saddle up on the corner of the bricks out the front of my house :v:

also the mistake mentioned in that post is like, at minimum a couple hundred dollars, a pair of good shoes go for like $250 AUD, plus new cleats

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Ok. So greater efficiency, at the cost of an increased likelihood of buffoonery and/or clownitude.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

gotta be drunk to want to surf in heavy coats

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Tree Bucket posted:

Ok. So greater efficiency, at the cost of an increased likelihood of buffoonery and/or clownitude.

Exactly. I also have experiences biking around the city, stopping at a stoplight, and incredibly slowly, toppling over while yelling, "no no no no no!"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aside from the previous mentioned bits, eggbeaters are fantastic at still being able to get your foot clipped in while they're heaps muddy. So you won't see them on road bikes but they're great for mountain bikes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tree Bucket posted:

Objections withdrawn. Please proceed with your tiny footpedals.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lucky for everybody only this rear end in a top hat was punished. If he got into a headon that thing would have been through another car's windshield, passenger compartment and the rear windshield.

Takes No Damage posted:

The Florida orange on the license plate checks out :hmmyes:

I so wanted to see where he was from but it's a little too blurry

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Aside from the previous mentioned bits, eggbeaters are fantastic at still being able to get your foot clipped in while they're heaps muddy. So you won't see them on road bikes but they're great for mountain bikes.

This is why I use MTB clipless pedals on my road bike. They're just so much easier to clip into when commuting. I've only toppled off my bike once so far.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

monkeytennis posted:

Piss Christ: The Dessert.
Piss Christ in Aspic

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I so wanted to see where he was from but it's a little too blurry

That's 100 percent a Florida licence plate, unless you were trying to find the county on there which I can't help with

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/NpMCT5z.mp4

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/whatcatsdid/status/1712443880094978100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Soul Dentist posted:

That's 100 percent a Florida licence plate, unless you were trying to find the county on there which I can't help with

Yeah, the county.