Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Loss is literally the only thing I know about that comic.

Nah, that was just that's comic gimmick. Just doing different variations of that one comic strip they did.

All those loss comics were just coping the joke. Surprised its been going on for 35 years with such a simple premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Loss is literally the only thing I know about that comic.

Well that ain't right. Enrich yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

No Dignity posted:

King of the Hill at least made sense being a a very wry, understated show about a very boring man

Yeah, and the show absolutely has its own way of having characters be expressive and give major reactions.

Thing is one of the many problems with the Simpsons is probably like with Star Wars and Star Trek; the people making it aren't making a riff on sitcoms or spiritual successor to The Flintstones anymore, they're just making The Simpsons the pop culture product.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QBoSeS3nAM

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/tubatron/status/1710450778882936982

too off model

start again

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

This was the other scene I was considering when picking a "break the model" example.
Then I went and watched it for fun. :allears:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
"Hadabida" is one of those nonsense words that plays in my head all the time.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

Lisa falling backwards reminds me of this:

The CAD animated series cost money when it came out.

People actually paid real money to watch this.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

This is sub-The FlashTub quality, except the voices are not as annoying and probably a lesser amount of domestic abusers and weirdo sex pests worked on CAD TAS than TFT

laserghost fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 8, 2023

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
we need a CAD mock thread reboot

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

oh boy. marge episode tonight https://twitter.com/therealjimsyt/status/1711179002746904639?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Checked that guy’s feed, he also thought the premiere was solid & seems to spend all his time making Simpsons YouTube videos. Guessing it’s an access thing like Talking Simpsons so he’ll praise whatever they churn out as his income depends on it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Checked that guy’s feed, he also thought the premiere was solid & seems to spend all his time making Simpsons YouTube videos. Guessing it’s an access thing like Talking Simpsons so he’ll praise whatever they churn out as his income depends on it.

His videos are mostly on early Simpsions stuff -particular his more popular ones- and rarely include interviews or anything, so I doubt he really cares about "access". Pretty sure just someone who really likes the Simpsons. He's called quiet a few later seasons episodes as being garbage, but does genuinely seems to still like the later seasons for what they are, for reasons beyond my comprehension. :shrug:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/ooccouchgags/status/1711178071569551797?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw
https://twitter.com/ooccouchgags/status/1711197101617508663?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw
https://twitter.com/reviewngnetwork/status/1711178267137294772?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I mean, theres an obvious answer for why she chose this

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Paingod556 posted:

I mean, theres an obvious answer for why she chose this

lol yeah. It’s weird seeing the disconnect between the end product & claims on her Wikipedia that she takes recording sessions very seriously. I guess it’s like a chef who shouldn’t be in the kitchen arriving early & working 18 hour days while looking hyper focused. Sure he’s sending out raw chicken in salads & has started two fires but if we stop pretending he’s as good as he was three decades ago the money fountain gets turned off.

Dang she’s only a year younger than Ric Flair & even he called it quits & needed the money far more.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Montague Tigg posted:

we need a CAD mock thread reboot

There was a short lived webcomic thread at some point this year which I tried to keep alive with some modern day CAD (Yes, it's still going in TYOOL 2023) however sadly no one seemed particularly interested so I gave up. It's fertile ground though because webcomics are bigger and shittier than they've ever been. They've just moved away from #gamer garbage to twee instagram garbage.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

that clip is the only part of the episode I’ve seen, but it looks like they’ve simply stopped trying to write the kids as 10, 8 and 1 anymore

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Finally! Thanks Al Jean

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Remeber Inception? Remember Terminator 2?

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Uh what the gently caress is the animation on her hair getting burned just poo poo or does Marge have a three foot skull.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

:thejoke: I think. Can't unsee how huge her ribcage becomes when the flesh burns off though

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I think they may of done the "marge just has a really tall skull" joke before? Maybe in a treehouse of horrors or something?

I know they've done she actually has bunny ears once or twice.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

thank you The Fact Site dot com

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I know they did it as a joke during the good seasons, but I think I've just been beaten into first assuming they massively hosed up at this point.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eazXm7WEz50

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I doubt it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tl;dw no it is not

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

no

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat how does a channel have multiple shark jumping moments/videos.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

starting to think this guy's got questionable taste

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the title's clickbait, the video's more of a look at the show's current style of humor and how its writing works

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 13, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So my one question from watching that, for those who put them through selves through the pain of new Simpsons, was the No country for old men homage any good? Like as he explained it I could see how it could work, but I dunno, I just feel like it's probably drek. Same with the Westworld parody. Like great idea in concept, particular with how it starts, but from the clips... it just still seem pretty dire.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This person is lying.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

So my one question from watching that, for those who put them through selves through the pain of new Simpsons, was the No country for old men homage any good? Like as he explained it I could see how it could work, but I dunno, I just feel like it's probably drek. Same with the Westworld parody. Like great idea in concept, particular with how it starts, but from the clips... it just still seem pretty dire.

I don't even remember it. I remember a Fargo parody that was OK. I think it was a two-parter.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm not watching that long video, but I will have to admit that the show seems better than it did during the many years it seemed abysmal. That is to say, it's roughly up to par with the general quality of mainstream TV that I've seen recently. Aside from that, the voice work is easily the worst part of the experience. The animation has notably become meh, but again that seems par for the course of prime time animated shows in general nowadays.

The main issue is that it's the Simpsons IP and it's just being dragged on for no meritorious reason aside from money. Half of its current cultural relevance is probably just people bitching about it.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I kind of want to hear him out because his original "The Fall of the Simpsons" video is a great summary for anyone who doesn't know or has forgotten how good the show used to be, but I don't want to watch an hour long video about this.

Anyone care to watch and make a bullet list of his points?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Same with the Westworld parody. Like great idea in concept, particular with how it starts, but from the clips... it just still seem pretty dire.

i quote it all the time "i hate it when they scream" "my son is also named bort" "nothing can possibly go wrong." definite classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I kind of want to hear him out because his original "The Fall of the Simpsons" video is a great summary for anyone who doesn't know or has forgotten how good the show used to be, but I don't want to watch an hour long video about this.

Anyone care to watch and make a bullet list of his points?

Not going to bullet point it, but is conclusion was pretty much, the Simpsons at it's peak was pretty brilliantly, Simpsons was always a changing show, and modern simpsions is at it's worst when it doesn't try to be anything, and just tries to ride off old simpsons, and also when it doesn't attempt to tell stories and just tries to be a vehicle for as many jokes as can be crammed in.

New Simpsons as it's own thing now, and is sorta decent, going back a bit more to having stories about characters and how they react to things and how it effects things. Letting some scenes just be serious if they need to be for the purpose of plot and character.

He does mention quite a bit how the worst seasons were incredibly vapid fluff, that didn't care about characters at all. Just cramming in a lot of usually terrible jokes, and how the "golden era" had less jokes, but you know far better.

So in summery: Old simpsons is gone now. Won't be repeated. But that's fine, it was always changing anyway. Hoping new Simpsons will find its own voice. Seems to be going in the right direction possibly?

so yeah honestly, thought they were all pretty fair points. There's a big question should the simpsons keep going, but if that's just a given, trying new things while having character focused plots, is you know a pretty good way to go about it.

Didn't mention anything about the voice actors though, which yeah that's a whole thing as well.