Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Been watching the flyers before I put my oldest kid to bed and I gotta say I'm ok with them winning here and there

It's fuckin weird to see Coots back on the ice, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
BREADMAN!

hell yeah again Laf

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Ah yes, this sure is a Buffalo hockey team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Why is Ric Flair in the building?

Oh, yay, let's start the IR list out of the gate!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Uh oh weresnki :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The mics were hot on the Columbus feed and someone was addressed with "because you're a loving piece of poo poo".

I'm going to assume that is aimed in the general direction of Garnet Hathaway.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Jackets season already over. Epic.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
man, if this is Laviolette's system, it's a fantastic fit for this team. the defensemen are just flying the zone every time playing total hockey, first three up. it works so well with our defense especially not having Harpur/Hajek/Nemeth not being able to participate. there's a ton of long cross-ice play through the neutral zone and aggressive play. for a team with a bunch of sick passers and sick rush players, it's great. and it's okay to lean on Shesterkin to make a couple of difficult saves

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat, hit em with a major

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hi Torts! You ain't got to like it, but it happened.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nice hit dickhead

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol wtf, it got bumped back to a minor

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Cuylle just made three sick predictive defensive breakups in about 10 seconds. god drat do I hope this is who he is as a player. he's playing incredibly smart.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Remind me why I even bother with this trash league.

Columbus will get to make Gudbanson useful shortly, though.

E- Bobby Break sounds like the name of someone who's going to go with Ric Flair in a cage match for the World Television Title strap during the intermission.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 13, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
lol the offside challenge rears it's ugly head.. I don't see how you can call that offside though.. the puck was like 3 feet up in the air.. maybe if you have the camera right on the line

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"Conclusive evidence" my fuckin rear end

gently caress off

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Kupo! posted:

The Stars hot new gimmick for this season: offsides

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

someone should take that rule out back and shoot it in the head. entry 30 seconds prior to the goal was a fraction of an inch offside

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Andrew Peeke gently caress off please

He needs to go run Hathaway in a hit which doesn't injure him, but prompts the NHL to suspend him for 10 games so a better defenseman is forced into the lineup.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Folks, it's game 1 and I'm ready to say it.

gently caress the refs, replace em with robots.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Vitek really stealing this one

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Blues are probably pretty unlucky not to be up tbh. Shots don't tell the story, they had the 4 or 5 best scoring chances.. maybe the only 4 or 5 scoring chances in that period if you exclude the goal that wasn't.

Stars gotta do much better than that in the 2nd period.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

Blues are probably pretty unlucky not to be up tbh. Shots don't tell the story, they had the 4 or 5 best scoring chances.. maybe the only 4 or 5 scoring chances in that period if you exclude the goal that wasn't.

Stars gotta do much better than that in the 2nd period.

Eh, I'm not convinced yet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Devils don't look great at all lol

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

devils were looking much better this period so of course they give up some fluky garbage goal

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Off the glass!

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

thank you jack

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Preds better score this period goddammit :argh:

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
At the 2nd intermission Moneypuck has the Rangers at a 76% to the Sabres 24% on their deserve to win-o-meter. Seems to match the eye test

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I mean, if Hathaway had to need a defenseman on that shift, why did it have to be THAT one?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

jack hughes is a loving beast

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

I’ll take it.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

J'aime Benn. The shooting percentage continues.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

DALLAS
STARS

DALLAS
STARS

Benn getting a goal on a pretty marginal chance there, you love to see it!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

God Jack Hughes

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sometimes I see other hockey teams who have a power play where they pass it around and tire out the defense and get good chances and close my eyes and dream

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I'm surprised Mason Marchment didn't get ringed up for the dive there given his reputation

maybe that takes a few games to get going

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Blues just diving everywhere

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Loves me a SHG :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Turned on the Kraken game just in time to see them drop a shorthanded goal. It's like last season never ended!