Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
THE SEASON HAS BEGUN LLLLFFFFGGGGGG

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
why did this game start at 530 local time

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So that there'd be no games competing against Crosby v Bedard at 8pm

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Kootchie with the best goal of the season

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Lol at Preds-Bolts, but I'm still watching.

Disappointed that the digital board ads look just as bad as last season. In the preseason they used simulated motion blur on them which looked great, but gently caress that I guess. Some people even get motion sickness because of how unnatural the lack of motion blur makes them look during camera movement; I just find it distracting.

This was preseason:

This is today, sad:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

thehoodie posted:

why did this game start at 530 local time

ESPN tripleheader.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

ok why are we starting off with predators bolts though

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I haven't watched hockey in years so if this is old hat I'm sorry but gently caress those rink ads lmao, they are so bad.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Zat posted:

Lol at Preds-Bolts, but I'm still watching.

Disappointed that the digital board ads look just as bad as last season. In the preseason they used simulated motion blur on them which looked great, but gently caress that I guess. Some people even get motion sickness because of how unnatural the lack of motion blur makes them look during camera movement; I just find it distracting.

This was preseason:

This is today, sad:

They're also still running animated board ads during play :barf:

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

nice power play lol

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

HKR posted:

I haven't watched hockey in years so if this is old hat I'm sorry but gently caress those rink ads lmao, they are so bad.

Actually the league has explained that they're really very good and no one is complaining about them

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
lol at the league scheduling Chicago to open the season with a pair of tuesday/wednesday back to back games so that both ESPN and TNT would get a :siren::siren:BEDARD:siren::siren: game

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Rocky Wirtz is dead, no one is left from the 2010 team, and I'm back to caring about hockey. Hail Satan. :toot:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The fact that they were apparently testing motion blur on the digital ads over the preseason, and to my eye it worked flawlessly, only to see them revert back to the old poo poo that everyone hated for the regular season, it boggles the mind.

The frequent ad changes with the short animations are certainly the more obvious problem at first glance, but the constant unnatural movement, considering how much the camera keeps panning in a hockey game, it just ruins my day.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Zat posted:

The fact that they were apparently testing motion blur on the digital ads over the preseason, and to my eye it worked flawlessly, only to see them revert back to the old poo poo that everyone hated for the regular season, it boggles the mind.

The frequent ad changes with the short animations are certainly the more obvious problem at first glance, but the constant unnatural movement, considering how much the camera keeps panning in a hockey game, it just ruins my day.

Gary Bettman spoke to it at the start of last season and the gaslighting piece of poo poo said “what are people spending time looking at ads for, watch the hockey game”. Never wanted to strangle a boomer over the tubes before that moment.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
gonna be a long year for Nashville

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

gonna be a long year for Nashville

they're not trying to contend are they? They sold off a lot of pieces over the summer and added nothing

but at the same time, Saros may be good enough to win them more games that they'd want to for a decent draft pick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's no way to get a new contract, Stammer

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

they're not trying to contend are they? They sold off a lot of pieces over the summer and added nothing

but at the same time, Saros may be good enough to win them more games that they'd want to for a decent draft pick

I mean yeah but they look really bad

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mean yeah but they look really bad

I do see that Cody Glass has finally become a second line center in the NHL* though, just as had been predicted

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

that sounds horrible. they should give him away to the new jersey devils immediately

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I do see that Cody Glass has finally become a second line center in the NHL* though, just as had been predicted

Not that he'll remember it now. drat.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

secret volcano lair posted:

that sounds horrible. they should give him away to the new jersey devils immediately

oooh I'd really rather they didn't but I could see that happening to be honest

Powershift posted:

Not that he'll remember it now. drat.

Announcers are just like "he's just a little shaken up" while he's got a puck-shaped dent in his skull

poor kid

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Let's go Preds

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

secret volcano lair posted:

ok why are we starting off with predators bolts though

Tanner Jeannot revenge game

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
TB's pp is still disgusting

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

first penalty shot of the season

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

hosed up that Tampa has Jake Paul's brother on the team

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
hackey

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this tampa goalie blows

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Snipe. Lol Tampa.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Who is this play by play guy saying holy schnike in 2023?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Zat posted:

Let's go Preds

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dr Zaius posted:

someone was also doing the Larry David "pretty pretty good" bit

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Dr Zaius posted:

The same one that said it in like 1998

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
ya buccigross is what he is at this point, mildly entertaining but also same old catchphrases

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I'm still irritated that they stopped calling embellishment penalties. For the past few seasons we've gotten overly dramatic acting to draw penalties over nothing. Tampa's already pulling this bullshit

Bring back the embellishment penalty goddammit :mad:

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I'm Canadian, I have watched like a dozen ESPN broadcasts in my life.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

"Oh no, my face got whacked so hard, it hurts so bad! Look at me dramatically grab my face and fall down!" by a guy who was untouched and it drew a high sticking penalty

Unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Already sick of the Bedard bullshit