Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

US special forces also practice a form of knocking where they crash a helicopter to let civilians know another one will be crashing nearby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Crazypoops posted:

This pissed me off at first but my guess is that this is a loving lie and they don't even have the staff

there's a reason the filipinos were not allowed to leave

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Not all of us are berniebros over here wtf

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

smarxist posted:

having a rough chuckle at an extrajudicial american force that can pop up somewhere to do crimes called the "sealions"

Sealioning, trolling, failure to recover hostages. [martial law] User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
hamas right now

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Apparently the Navy also has trained sea lion troops.

quote:

In its first successful recovery mission, an MK 5 sea lion recovered an ASROC (anti-submarine rocket) from a depth of 180 feet in 1970. Naval sea lions have also been trained to recover crash-test dummies from the sites of plane crashes.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

i don't have anything to base this on other than vibes, but i really think that any idf dumb enough to set foot in gaza is getting loving wiped.

well, hamas' military wing said once the occupiers are in gaza 'new options' will be in play that are going to cause maximum damage.
so i guess we are gonna find out soon.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dieselfruit posted:

Barbarism it is, then.

Always had been.

The idea of everyone wearing shiny silver robes in a futuristic crystal spire utopia of peace and wonder was never more than a nice looking painting.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
quickly losing the last shreds of faith in humanity i didnt even know i still had. holy poo poo the bloodlust going on is just absolutely disgusting. going to the comments on any random reddit post about whats going on and the top comments are all people explicitly cheering on genocide without even the tiniest bit of beating around the bush about what is about to happen.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

does anybody have that quote from bibi talking about how hamas is necessary or whatever

please and thank you, dti dta

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Here's my Genocide
Leave north gaza or
get a big surprise
feels so good
make a nazi cry
sweet genocide!

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

Pobrecito posted:

quickly losing the last shreds of faith in humanity i didnt even know i still had. holy poo poo the bloodlust going on is just absolutely disgusting. going to the comments on any random reddit post about whats going on and the top comments are all people explicitly cheering on genocide without even the tiniest bit of beating around the bush about what is about to happen.

When you lose that last shred of faith in man, your heart will demand of you to have faith in an angry and vengeful God who will punish the wicked and exult the martyr

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fits my needs posted:

well, hamas' military wing said once the occupiers are in gaza 'new options' will be in play that are going to cause maximum damage.
so i guess we are gonna find out soon.

hey what do people always say about urban fighting in bombed out ruins, its a peace o cake right

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i was a bernie bro, and now all i want is that worthless fucker to give me my money back

and also a little dta, as a treat

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

DancingShade posted:

Always had been.

The idea of everyone wearing shiny silver robes in a futuristic crystal spire utopia of peace and wonder was never more than a nice looking painting.

back in the days of the oil binge they assumed the party would go on forever

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I think they're going to do what they said they were going to do and turn it into a tent city.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Pobrecito posted:

the world is already collapsing, it just hasn't hit your neighborhood yet

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

RandomBlue posted:

I think they're going to do what they said they were going to do and turn it into a cemetary.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Stringent posted:

i don't have anything to base this on other than vibes, but i really think that any idf dumb enough to set foot in gaza is getting loving wiped.

there's two textbooks here, both of which they've studied long and hard: the liquidation of the Warsaw Ghetto, and Grozny. they're going to take more casualties than they've taken in decades, but every liberal nightmare of what the Russians were going to do to Ukraine is about to happen to Gaza and the liberals will be cheering it on the whole way.

don't suppose there's any generals in the IDF getting ideas, are there

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pobrecito posted:

yeah it's vile and disgusting. I think I was largely already tapped out with everyone cheering on a new proxy forever war with U/R though and baying for red mist to huff, so I didn't have much left anyways though

also all the bush years and obama years took most of it out

i just hope president xi eventually destroys the West

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012

Ziv Zulander posted:

does anybody have that quote from bibi talking about how hamas is necessary or whatever

please and thank you, dti dta

https://twitter.com/biggestjoel/status/1711520207083073982

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

don't suppose there's any generals in the IDF getting ideas, are there

the secular natsec israelis were shut out of the current government but now that gantz and blue and white are part of the unity government i think a coup has only a negligible chance even if things go south

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Edgelord Hyperbole like this is going wind up getting somebody hurt or on an FBI watchlist

You could've just said Free Palestine and left it at that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BornABitch

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

and... there we have it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Has there been any confirmation that US troops are actually in Israel?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

and... there we have it.

do we though

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Pobrecito posted:

the propaganda is pretty stark for this one

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

moths posted:

im confirming it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

https://x.com/jon_simkins/status/1712573010404671590?s=20

quote:

American military advisers are on the ground in Israel consulting with Israeli Defense Forces leaders about rescuing Americans and other hostages being held in Gaza, where Hamas militants took captured civilians following Saturday’s attacks on Israel, a senior defense official confirmed to reporters on Thursday. There is currently no plan to send in American special operations units to help, the official added.

President Joe Biden on Tuesday confirmed that Americans are among hostages taken by Hamas, though the White House has not given an estimate of the number of hostages beyond calling it “less than a handful.”

“There are personnel on the ground as part of a larger assistance package in support of [U.S. Central Command],” the Pentagon official, who was not authorized to speak on the record about the Israel situation, told reporters. “And that includes military personnel advising and consulting on hostage recovery efforts.”

The official did not confirm whether those advisers are from Joint Special Operations Command, the wing of U.S. Special Operations Command that deploys specialized units like the Army’s Delta Force or the Navy’s SEAL Team 6.

RELATED

Here’s a look at the military firepower the US is providing to Israel
The buildup reflects U.S. concern that the deadly fighting between Hamas and Israel could escalate into a more dangerous regional conflict.
By Tara Copp, AP
Regardless, U.S. troops will not be involved in any direct action, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby confirmed during a press conference Thursday.

“The Israelis have made it very clear that they don’t want foreign troops on their soil, that they want to prosecute these operations on their own,” he said. “The Israelis have made it clear that they would not welcome [foreign involvement] in any event.”

Asked whether the U.S. might negotiate an exchange with Hamas for American hostages, Kirby said he would not comment on current efforts.

“What I will tell you, just broadly speaking, is we obviously take seriously our responsibility to get Americans held overseas back with their families,” he said. “We have, in the past, entered into negotiations to do exactly that.”

All options are still on the table, he added.

“Obviously ... if their return to their families can be arrived in a peaceful way without additional risk to their lives [posed by a military operation], that is certainly something we would take very, very seriously,” Kirby said.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok good they're just showing PowerPoints.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

thank you much

dta dti

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

we are 25 hours from a US advisor being killed in Israel

it'll be from an Osprey crash, but still

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"advisors" were what they called the first batch of u.s. soldiers in vietnam & various other wars.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

moths posted:

Arthur Morgan confirmed the Sea Lions are there

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

"advisors" were what they called the first batch of u.s. soldiers in vietnam & various other wars.

we would be so lucky if it ended up like vietnam

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Arthur Morgan confirmed the Sea Lions are there

also confirmed that we all need to stop losing hope, dutch has a plan

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Israel has called on the UN to assist with the ethnic cleansing of the Gaza Strip

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

this is the line they've drawn

massive airstrikes and artillery strikes underway again now

praying the brave idf achieves martydom :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

saw this news alert and my stomach turned

loving sickening thinking what will likely happen

if this doesn't get hezbollah or syria or others involved, what would?